Do I harvest or wait?

• Thread starter Southernuncle21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

Okay so this is a new one for me. So in general this is my first outdoor New England grow. I originally come from the south so I've never really had these cold temps to deal with. Now most of my other plants that I have I have already harvested. I'll be harvesting four in the next couple of days. I have a mother plant and a clone that are I would say about 2-3 weeks behind. So far we haven't had a frost but at night times the temperatures are dipping down in the low 40s and the '30s. Daytime temps are in the '50s. The next couple days it will be in the '60s. So the rain has pretty much passed and we should be clear for this entire week. So the rain isn't the issue. So what I'm asking is with the temperatures dipping so low at night time. Not freezing but really low and then the daytimes. It's not getting two too warm. Should I wait out a couple weeks or should I go ahead and pull them sooner so I don't stress them out. I know the growth is pretty much going to kind of come to a halt with the cooler temperatures, but I've never had to worry about pulling plants due to cold weather before. So I'm just seeing out of curiosity if anybody can shed some light on if you think they will be fine or if I need to go ahead and pull the two plants that are behind.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’m in NE Massachusetts and have been growing here for 15+ years. I’ve got 5 of 6 plants still growing in ground with extremely minimal bud rot and virtually no pm. Given the dry conditions for the next week, keep them growing. Plants can handle mid 30s like a duck handles water. If frost is forecast then you might want to harvest. Cold weather helps to set color, harden buds, and mature the trichomes. My better grows have been late-harvest plants. These three plant pics are from September 30 and I hope to harvest mid October.

51C75A55 2E94 42EA 9F53 03F3FB88E757
8DD3CA28 14B1 4AF4 ADDE 0AA1D468960A
26EC3F20 7001 47D8 AAB3 B7FF2E6DCFB5
Southernuncle21

Southernuncle21

I’m in NE Massachusetts and have been growing here for 15+ years. I’ve got 5 of 6 plants still growing in ground with extremely minimal bud rot and virtually no pm. Given the dry conditions for the next week, keep them growing. Plants can handle mid 30s like a duck handles water. If frost is forecast then you might want to harvest. Cold weather helps to set color, harden buds, and mature the trichomes. My better grows have been late-harvest plants. These three plant pics are from September 30 and I hope to harvest mid October.
I'm in central Mass. So I greatly appreciate your advice. Idk if I will make it to the finish line with the HHH but I will let it go as long as possible. An old head told me that the plants can handle a light frost. Idk if he's full of shit or for real.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

It’s true. Plants can handle a few hrs of 32F. At this time of year if you can get past a cold night you usually get several days of good flowering weather. If you have a thermometer that records max and min temperature, that’s very handy for plant monitoring.

J

Jojo420

Cold clear weather is ok and Don't stress yourself , do whats best for you to feel comfortable as your plants are smokable either way .Plants can handle cold , however frost will be the killer. It will ruin your buds . Cold and rain is also no good.
Cheers

Top Bottom