Do I have a Deficiency or is it a lockout with these Og's? Little HELP PLZ

• Thread starter DrCALIGREENTHUM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Whats up guys Its Doc :mad0233: my doctor skills arent working so great for me right now lol I got some cuts of Tahoe Og and Diablo Og that i think are starting to show sighns of stressing.Most leaves have a droopy like to it and have an overall "taco shaped" leaves, with sighns of twisting leaves and getting to be light shades of green turning light yellow. I have pre98-abusive I think is doing ok but can look a little better, I feel like im seeing a little to much ridges in the leaves.
I really want to know what it can possibly be and catch it before its to late down the road. Im not sure if I can or should flush or if its a deficiency. I've looked in the infirmary and still cant find an answer.So i come to the best farmers around town. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

And of course on to the setup: Sealed room Temps are around 74 day n night about 60%humidity
They are started from clone,the pics are current on day 12 of veg
They're under a 1000 watt hps about 2 feet away
They're in 6" rockwool cubes being top fed daily with a water wand for about 4 seconds which comes out to about 2 Cups of water. Drain to waste new water every 2 days from a res with temps about 68 in the water. Im doing my homies method he taught me i feel it does have its flaws i need to learn to tweak especially with the nute schedule :sweating Like I said feel free to leave concerns with my nute schedule or any other tweak to my line up.

Anyways base nutes are SBA and SVB 2 part super nutrients (Has anyone heard of these nutes btw? or used them? cant find any threads about it would love to chat about it)
Rapid Start from Gen Hydro
H202 (Anyone use this?)
Pro-Silicate from Grotek
Cal-mag at 4ml/gallon
and started to use hygrozyme as of week 2 (still looking for threads with this cant find any would anyone like to share experiences with it? Is it worth the time with all the "slime" on my res and airstones?)

ppms were at 600 the first week raised it to 700 the second
and ph has been at 5.9

Here are the pics Hope its less worst than im thinkin and can be a quick fix
with the knowledge coming from the gifted farmers here
First 3 pics are the tahoe
Pic 4 is of a diablo
And Pic 5 is of a pre98xabusive

Do i have a deficiency or is it a lockout with these ogs little help plz
Do i have a deficiency or is it a lockout with these ogs little help plz 2
Do i have a deficiency or is it a lockout with these ogs little help plz 3
Do i have a deficiency or is it a lockout with these ogs little help plz 4
Do i have a deficiency or is it a lockout with these ogs little help plz 5
audius

audius

ya, those ppms are just a we bit high,you probbly should have them around 400.i would start a a flush asap with phed water, there not bad yet but things could get ALOT worse the longer you wait. idk about the yellow one,it looked gone to me.

B

basement botany

Well I don't do hydro anymore and this is a good example why I stopped. First off in your pics I see alge growing in there. 5.9 is a little high. Those rez temps could be lower to. They are defenietly locked out and probably cooking to even at 2 feet away in that unhealthy of a state. The snowball effect. One problem exsaserbates another. That alge will rob the root zone of o2 and choke out your roots I believe. I am no expert like I said in hydro but you do have multiple problems from what I can see. I will say have you concidered organic growing. Easier much more forgiving and alot less problems. Or even soilless would be better in my opinon. you could still hydro feed. I only use rockwool for cloning and then I throw them in soil. Perfect crops everytime. Full hydro to many things to go wrong and quickly. You want to salvage them dump your rez clean it real good flush those girls real good and raise the light up way up till they get healthier. 5.5 on ph 62 degree rez temp and get something to kill that alge. Back the nutes down to maybe half of what they are now. I would also add that if you are using a digital balast grab yourself a MH bulb and use that till you are ready to flower. The hps in my opinon should only be used for flowering. MH will make them get nice and bushy hps will make them stretch and give you fat buds.

E

Empire

What's going on with ur plants is ph lockout. Drop ur ph down to 5.5-5.6 when u feed.. that way it drifts up to 5.8 or so before they get fed again. In hydro tons of elements are locked out at 6.0 ph.. ur plants are nutrient stressed and light stressed. Back that light off until they are better.. should be back in action in a week or so if u fix the ph problem. Good luck

phenotyper

phenotyper

Empire is spot on with ph. Did you soak/flush your cubes with ph adjusted water?

Edit: Also, usually the algae isn't a problem. The plant will ge big enough, block light to the cube, and the algae will die. You could always spray the cubes only with phsyan 20 (only if in veg!)

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

ya, those ppms are just a we bit high,you probbly should have them around 400.i would start a a flush asap with phed water, there not bad yet but things could get ALOT worse the longer you wait. idk about the yellow one,it looked gone to me.

Hey whats up audius thanks for stopping by, Yeah bro i agree after doing some hw my ppms were a little to high im gonna bring it down to about 500 today, there at week2 what do you think i should top at in veg? and i did a phed flush last night so well see how it gos.Thanks for telling me it could get alot worse, not planning on it to, I personally thought they were already at that point makes me feel alot better. what do you think about the cal-mag ratio?Thanks for your help

Well I don't do hydro anymore and this is a good example why I stopped. First off in your pics I see alge growing in there. 5.9 is a little high. Those rez temps could be lower to. They are defenietly locked out and probably cooking to even at 2 feet away in that unhealthy of a state. The snowball effect. One problem exsaserbates another. That alge will rob the root zone of o2 and choke out your roots I believe. I am no expert like I said in hydro but you do have multiple problems from what I can see. I will say have you concidered organic growing. Easier much more forgiving and alot less problems. Or even soilless would be better in my opinon. you could still hydro feed. I only use rockwool for cloning and then I throw them in soil. Perfect crops everytime. Full hydro to many things to go wrong and quickly. You want to salvage them dump your rez clean it real good flush those girls real good and raise the light up way up till they get healthier. 5.5 on ph 62 degree rez temp and get something to kill that alge. Back the nutes down to maybe half of what they are now. I would also add that if you are using a digital balast grab yourself a MH bulb and use that till you are ready to flower. The hps in my opinon should only be used for flowering. MH will make them get nice and bushy hps will make them stretch and give you fat buds.

Yo whats up botany yeah bro i agree on just about everything you said, but its a little to late for me to go back to organic or soil. I like alot of people started from soil but went to hydro honestly for the yields my buddies were kickin once everythings dialed in with a strain. I agree tho it is alot easier and much more forgiving. I do plan on putting a couple Coco pots in of blue dream to make wax for personals, comes out hella bomb but thats about the closest thing i get to soil nowadays. but ive been covering the cubes w/ the block covers for about a week im not tripin on some algae, I got the ph goin about 5.6 right now after i flushed lasted night too. Thanks for stoppin by n helpin out tho.

What's going on with ur plants is ph lockout. Drop ur ph down to 5.5-5.6 when u feed.. that way it drifts up to 5.8 or so before they get fed again. In hydro tons of elements are locked out at 6.0 ph.. ur plants are nutrient stressed and light stressed. Back that light off until they are better.. should be back in action in a week or so if u fix the ph problem. Good luck

Empire is spot on with ph. Did you soak/flush your cubes with ph adjusted water?

Edit: Also, usually the algae isn't a problem. The plant will ge big enough, block light to the cube, and the algae will die. You could always spray the cubes only with phsyan 20 (only if in veg!)

What up Empire what up Pheno??Pheno those blue dreams and green crack your doing are amazing keep updating us with pics look hella bomb,thanks for stoppin by. Yeah i was leaning to lock out too. Flushed last night with 5.6 phed water. Hopefully everything gets goin again since i caught it soon. What do you guys think about the last pic of the pre-98x? could it look better? and What do you guys think about feeding today? should i give em a break after the flush? My nutes too what does everyone think about that lineup? Oh yeah I soaked the cubes in 5.9 water damn it, wish i knew sooner. Thanks for the help guys.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Anyone else have a similiar setup in cubes having problems like this before?

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

So after a flush and lower ppms and ph I dont think the tahoe is showing sighns of recovering :sweating bummer all my others are looking pretty good tho but the tahoe was the only one to be affected I still kinda dont know why? any advice?

E

Empire

first off, are u checking runoff of each individual cube or just combining your total runoff between everyone?

you have a lot of strains, and i doubt your feeding them each what they individually need to get better. this is why mono-cropping is a better route, especially when problems arise, and especially in hydro systems.

each plant and each strain will need a longer or shorter flush to get that specific plant back within range.

500ppms is barely any food. those plants should be at 1.2-1.3ec.. depending on what ur meter converts that to in ppms will be different from meter to meter.

og's can take a lot of food, but once they get to the point where yours are, its hard to bring them back.. its what i call "pissed off og syndrome".

my advice if u want to take it..

check individual runoff of each plant. and hand water each one until its within range on the runoff. your plants wont recover over night. its going to take some time to get them back going, and they will still be sluggish compared to a clone thats never been locked out. especially with og's.

start using EC instead of ppms. ppm is a total joke, and every meter is way different because of individual conversion factors with each meter. EC holds true from meter to meter.

and remember, the plant will only perk up so much, but the new growth should be normal.. leaves that are effected with deficiency wont repair themselves even when the problems fixed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom