Do I Have a Nutrient Deficiency?

• Thread starter Learning2GrowWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Learning2GrowWeed

Learning2GrowWeed

I am new to growing and having some issues. I have only been growing Morrocan kush, but just recently decided to grow multiple strains. I also just switched to General Hydroponics 3 bottle system and CMH lights (was LED). I am having my plants slowly turn yellow at the ends and eventually to what you see below. I thought it was a magnesium deficiency, but after giving them some cal-mag it is still getting worse. It only seems to be on the tops leaves. My lighting is at 50k lux, the heat stays around 75, and 50% humidity.

Do i have a nutrient deficiency
CF89

CF89

Damn those look rough. I also use the GH 3 bottle system in soil and my first grow went amazing using this chart. Tap water. No ph meter. No tds meter.

Learning2GrowWeed

Learning2GrowWeed

Damn those look rough. I also use the GH 3 bottle system in soil and my first grow went amazing using this chart. Tap water. No ph meter. No tds meter.

Mine starts with yellowing in between the veins at the tip. I can't see any that look close other than the potassium deficiency picture. I have been doing fine with Ethos Moroccan Kush, but any other strain seems to have issues. I imagine moving and changing lights, nutes, temps, and humidity have messed them up some, but this just worsens regardless what I do.

Learning2GrowWeed

Learning2GrowWeed

What is your feeding schedule? How much of each?
Watering them every 3 days alternating between water and nutes every other time. 3 micro 2 bloom 1 gro per gallon.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Mine starts with yellowing in between the veins at the tip. I can't see any that look close other than the potassium deficiency picture. I have been doing fine with Ethos Moroccan Kush, but any other strain seems to have issues. I imagine moving and changing lights, nutes, temps, and humidity have messed them up some, but this just worsens regardless what I do.
It does look like a potassium deficiency but why is the question; what medium are you using, how are you pH'ing and to what number are you setting the ph and PPM, have you done a slurry test? The more info you can offer the better

Learning2GrowWeed

Learning2GrowWeed

It does look like a potassium deficiency but why is the question; what medium are you using, how are you pH'ing, and to what number are you setting the ph and PPM, have you done a slurry test? The more info you can offer the better
6.0-6.5 with fox farm ocean forest 800-900 ppm and what's a slush test?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

A slush test, or slurry as I like to call it, will tell you things about your soil that you can only imagine otherwise

Like for instance it might tell you that you haven't been flushing out your soil on a regular basis

Recommend you do some reading and then if you get these results let us know

Edit: 6.5 is the optimum soil pH; 6.0 is too low & may have contributed to your issue

Last edited:
Learning2GrowWeed

Learning2GrowWeed

A slush test, or slurry as I like to call it, will tell you things about your soil that you can only imagine otherwise

Like for instance it might tell you that you haven't been flushing out your soil on a regular basis

Recommend you do some reading and then if you get these results let us know

Edit: 6.5 is the optimum soil pH; 6.0 is too low & may have contributed to your issue
Ah, I was always under the impression anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5 is good. I think you may have found the issue as it came back 6.05.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

800-900 ppm will burn up most plants i like to grow. Very heavy feeders may not mind. I would flush out the nutrients and feed much less.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree if there is high ppm it can also affect water uptake.

I would look at it like this.

Potassium regulates water uptake, salinity affects water uptake maybe a bit of both being an issue...could be many causes like PH also... high nitrogen can burn the plant but doesn't quite look that way to me since I don't see the signs but could just be my eyes. then strong light and poor transpiration leads to burning of the leaves from the light because they cannot cool themselves well enough.

Learning2GrowWeed

Learning2GrowWeed

I agree if there is high ppm it can also affect water uptake.

I would look at it like this.

Potassium regulates water uptake, salinity affects water uptake maybe a bit of both being an issue...could be many causes like PH also... high nitrogen can burn the plant but doesn't quite look that way to me since I don't see the signs but could just be my eyes. then strong light and poor transpiration leads to burning of the leaves from the light because they cannot cool themselves well enough.
Ok, so got the PPM down to 300-380 on all of them and PH around 6.5-6.58. Hopefully, that will fix my issue.

Learning2GrowWeed

Learning2GrowWeed

Watering practices?
1 gallon per plant every 3 days in 2.5-gallon pots and I was using my normal RO water at 6.75 every other time and When I added nutes allowed it to fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5. I think allowing too much acidity in the water and not flushing with enough water. I wasn't allowing enough water to flush through the plant, based on how many gallons it just took me to do it.

Top Bottom