• 🎅 Early Christmas Sale - 25% Off All Seeds 🎄
    Use Coupon Code At Checkout: XMAS25
Absolutely cannot figure this out. Plants are super healthy and jamming at multiple undercurrent buildings and rooms at one site. I take healthy clones and get them nice and rooted and bring them to another site with a brand new building and pop them in undercurrent system. They start rooting and then Bam! Leaves start hooking and twisting and getting deficient looking. I’m really chasing my tail here, can’t figure it out.
Water is from a well, and run through iron backfilter, sediment filter, carbon filter, UV filter, RO filter, then another UV filter.
I don’t take clones from anyone, only use my own seeds I breed with.

As you can see the plants are pretty messed up. I have a bunch of other undercurrent rooms so I’m familiar with temp, humidity, lighting, ferts, chillers, all those parameters. The parameters in new building are pretty perfect, but so far three crops have done this weird twisty deficient thing. It almost looks like broad mites but it’s not.

It looks like they are suffering from high nutrient levels, which can draw the liquid from the plants roots, causing them to look perpetually droopy. On another possibility, you didn't mention what nutrients if any, you are feeding. RO water will be devoid of minerals, such ascalcium, magnesium,and a smattering of others which are important for the plant. Plants like iron but within reason and I'm not sure what medium you are using to grow, which can affect what nutrients are available or not. They look like they need a lot more light as well, but that isn't causing the problems presently.
A while back another grower had a somewhat similar problem with high CO2 levels causing problems, and it turned out that the newer cement that was used for the floor was offgassing CO2 and hurting the plants from too high of levels. Probably notheing to do with your plants, but I put it out there as a "maybe". I really don't think the plants are suffering from any insects or diseases... I think the problem lies in the nutrients, or lack of them. A list of your growing medium and what you have been feeding them with will help.

Yeah they definitely look like they have lock out from to high of nutrient. I’m running gem at comparable levels as all my other rooms though. Starting around 50-100 ppm and moving up to 200 ppm as they develop.
I thought maybe nutrients were to low so I bumped up to 300 ppm and the plants really didn’t like that.
I’m using cultured solutions nutrients and cal mag at 1/4 ml per gallon.
The medium is water, it’s all RDWC systems.
I agree that it looks like a nutrient issue, but all the parameters are the same as my other systems that do really well so I don’t think that’s it.

I'm out of my league with RWDC systems, using Promix myself. There are a bunch of RWDC guys on the board, I'm sure that they will have a more plausible explanation. Any new construction, gas heaters, or any other possible sources of fumes? Temps are good?

stupid question,you seem to have difrent buildings you grow in ,like i say stupid but gonna ask anyway,in this praticular building,is the same nutes used as in the same bottle as the other rooms,next stupid question,in this room how and what are you using to clean your buckets as in same scrubber same bucket with building to clean,im getting at what if you have 3 buildings ,they all have there own clean and supplies,how about the hydroton is it cleaned the same way,like jimmy said sounds like the building or contents are ninja screwing ya,just thought i would ask,i just had a similar case in a thrash can grow,shit went all whoopy jawed on me,it is outdoors in the high heat,now with a air pump,but was cleaning and noticed a white smokey color to the water after i was done,used baking soda to clean the can,filled it anyway and never got better,so dumped it,i had dropped the sponge i was using on the ground,so didnt want anything from ground bothering the system,got a new sponge and water was clear,both were new sponges if you dig,water clear and added all my nutes to it,checked on the hour all day,just kept going up and out of control,spiked at 8.5 ph,so dumped it scrubbed again same sponge all good,decided since every one was talking about the problems they were having from there wells i would just go buy 33 gal of ro water,bam there it was ,cant explain the sponge gig but the ro water fixed all the issues i was having,so maybe check your supplies

Yes, temps are excellent. Nutrients are the same. Everything is the same pretty much. I’m thinking it’s gotta be a pathogen of some sort that’s in the new building. Or was in the water I used to clean the buckets before it was treated.
Just wondering if anybody has had a similar issue and if there’s a way to test for virus or pathogen

Yes, temps are excellent. Nutrients are the same. Everything is the same pretty much. I’m thinking it’s gotta be a pathogen of some sort that’s in the new building. Or was in the water I used to clean the buckets before it was treated.
Just wondering if anybody has had a similar issue and if there’s a way to test for virus or pathogen
if it is legal were you are ,i suggest a tissue test if you can find a company that will do cannbis,that will sure enough solve the problem,when you say pretty much ,thats what i was getting at,there something,so do the buildings all have same insulation in them and such,see were im going now,i think your problem lies right there not what your doing,there have been cases of spray in insulation making folks sick

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out

Sunset Sherbet S1