Do I have enough room for a sativa?

• Thread starter C0TT0NM0UTH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C0TT0NM0UTH

C0TT0NM0UTH

The space I have is 1mx1mx2m, the plant will b grown in a hydro bubbler system with a 400w hps, I am not worried about yield just quality smoke so I want to dO a fruity sativa, was thinking a strawberry diesel! Just wondering how much space is needed for a sativa in these sorts of conditions! Cheers!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

So your space is about 3'x3'x6', thats plenty space for any strain. Make sure you train it so it doesn't get too tall, sativas are great for topping because most of them grow really fast compared to indica dom strains.

How many plants do you plan on growing??

C0TT0NM0UTH

C0TT0NM0UTH

So your space is about 3'x3'x6', thats plenty space for any strain. Make sure you train it so it doesn't get too tall, sativas are great for topping because most of them grow really fast compared to indica dom strains.

How many plants do you plan on growing??

I plan on starting two and just choosing the best looking one after 5-6 weeks, then just grow one as big as i can make it in my available space. I wasn't quite sure how sativas react to topping or how small it is possible to keep them as I have only ever grown indicas, i was just a bit worried about having an uncontrollable tree in there ha, i think growing more than one in there would be a bit crowded, or do you think it would be possible?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Some sativas can get wild and out of control, but, your using 1 400w so that shouldn't be the case especially if you top and train it. I would grow 1 plant because your using hydro and it's a sativa so you don't want it to get crowded. Right now I'm doing an indica dom plant in my closet thats about the same size as yours and I topped it and I still have space for another plant, but thats an indica not a sativa and I'm growing in soil which is alot slower then hydro. If you go with 1 plant you might have to veg a lil longer to make sure it fills in nicely but other then that you should be fine

I'm just giving you my opinion and you could honestly do more then 1 or 2 plants but I think it will get crowded and you can get a good yield from 1 plant thats well taken care of and make sure you train the fuck out of it lol. Do you know how to top and train??

shaker1

shaker1

I'm growing 2 sannies jack which I believe are high sativa% in a 2.5x2.5 area with 400w hps in soil. So I'd say you got plenty room. FIM and train! These are just over a foot tall now with about 7 weeks left. Good luck.

IMG 0784
IMG 0785
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm growing 2 sannies jack which I believe are high sativa% in a 2.5x2.5 area with 400w hps in soil. So I'd say you got plenty room. FIM and train! These are just over a foot tall now with about 7 weeks left. Good luck.

Those look great, have you thought about putting a lil extra layer of soil just to cover the top of the root ball?? I'm sure they will still do fine regardless.

shaker1

shaker1

That's my Bonzai work, done with a toothpick, lol. At one time you could almost look all the way through under the plant. But it fills back in every time I water so done with that. Looks cool though. I call her my little apple tree, lol.

IMG 0576
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

That's my Bonzai work, done with a toothpick, lol. At one time you could almost look all the way through under the plant. But it fills back in every time I water so done with that. Looks cool though. I call her my little apple tree, lol.

Ohhhhh....you did that on purpose, ok, it does look really cool lol

entropy99

entropy99

As long as you top and train, that should be plenty of space for one plant.

Love the bonsai work shaker1!

frostymcfailure

frostymcfailure

would you be interested in free Mr nice Mango haze X east coast sour diesel? Just promise to test them, they should be in when logic gets back to me. Theirs a very fruity sativa line that is pretty amazing, some grape fruit, sour mango along with a pure diesel pheno can be found.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
As long as you top and train, that should be plenty of space for one plant.

Love the bonsai work shaker1!
this is true....i had a 100% sativa that pushed 7foot indoors, topped and trained. i have a SC thats an easy 6 foot no training just topped.
remember also that most strong sativas are like 120 day strains

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

W/ a 400 watt i would recommend a scrog set-up so you have a nice even canopy of buds & have them all get good light. I would run 2-4 plants in that space and make sure to prune the sucker branches and lollipop/strip all budsites underneath the screen.

monkeymun

monkeymun

I would say ScrOG is a good way to go too. Gives you much more control over growth and size. Looks killer too. ;)

C0TT0NM0UTH

C0TT0NM0UTH

Some sativas can get wild and out of control, but, your using 1 400w so that shouldn't be the case especially if you top and train it. I would grow 1 plant because your using hydro and it's a sativa so you don't want it to get crowded. Right now I'm doing an indica dom plant in my closet thats about the same size as yours and I topped it and I still have space for another plant, but thats an indica not a sativa and I'm growing in soil which is alot slower then hydro. If you go with 1 plant you might have to veg a lil longer to make sure it fills in nicely but other then that you should be fine

I'm just giving you my opinion and you could honestly do more then 1 or 2 plants but I think it will get crowded and you can get a good yield from 1 plant thats well taken care of and make sure you train the fuck out of it lol. Do you know how to top and train??

Hello mate, sorry for the late reply, i was lucky enough to be in amsterdam for 8 days, got back a few days ago, trying as many sativa strains as possible to confirm my growing decision ha. I havn't ever topped a plant, the indicas i have grown have stayed at a good height under the 400w so i've never needed to, is there any specific time or plant process to wait for before doing it? thankyou for the helpful feedback

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Amsterdam, thats cool, did you get any good seeds?? I usually Top just above the 4th or 5th node when the plant is about 6-10", after the 2 new tops grow out a few inches I tie them so they grow horizontally. After they are about 6-8" long I would Top them again, tie those branches to grow sideways and just repeat the process one or 2 more times until you have them the way you want. I wouldn't Top more then 4 times because it could cause too much stress. It's really easy once you get the hang of it and IMO its the best way to get your canopy even and increase yield. Don't forget to trim the bottom of the plant, after you Top it the 1st time you should trim everything below so your left with 4 main branches, then as it grows more just trim about 1/3 of the bottom of the plant and after the bloom stretch I usually give it 1 final trim. I usually don't touch any leaves within 6" from the top of the canopy because you want those leaves there to absorb as much light as possible. Don't worry about the big fan leaves covering your bud sites, after the bloom stretch most of the bud sites will grow a couple inches above the big fan leaves.

Top Bottom