Do I Have Pests? Light Too Close? Or Sloppy Feeding

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

hey,

So I’ve got a couple marks very few on a couple leaves on a couple plants. At least two of the three. There’s the hole on one leaf, and the marks and spots. It’s not littered with them and I’m not sure if it’s from using a foliage spray (ph water and advanced nutrients cal mag xxtra) or of whole feeding I’m getting the water/nutrients on leaves and it’s burning them that way.

Do i have pests light too close or sloppy feeding
Do i have pests light too close or sloppy feeding 2
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Too much nitrogen can do rhat and also lock out calcium which causes spots.

Or its the spray as you said.

Better to show in more natural light for analysis.

Naturalx

Naturalx

I will pull them out but this calmag is high in nitrogen 4-0-0 so maybe that’s it and having it in the foliage spray that could be adding to it

Naturalx

Naturalx

Here’s some photos. One in the lights because every time I pulled the plant out I couldn’t find that leaf haha

FE497E69 D3F8 468D 8389 A75DB3807190
22173AD8 6FFB 417E 97D6 B41768D7D328
45184BCE AC0F 4D7B A43E BFBC8A4B508B
F4030C11 4088 4D5E AD05 64391D71B317
AE0D28FD 942C 40A5 8001 13FD8BF26CF6
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Pic of whole plant will help but i would stop spraying cal mag. Its not needed in almost any case i see. And lower the nutes unless the plant is pretty big and shows a need for that much.

I almost never go over 750 ppm or 1.5 ec even with 8 oz dry bushes.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Do you use a microscope to see those tiny spots? I would give it a second glance if it was a leaf or something a little bigger, but the spot is so smoll that it culd be caused by nearly anything. A small spot on one lobe isn't cause for alarm...probably just a splash of something. Regarding Cal-Mag...everyone seems to think that it is a cure all, or the 1st step in treating a problem. It has it's uses for just about anyone using any type of hydro growing, maybe coco (I've never used it), but for dirt or Promix, there is little need, especially if your water has some dissolved minerals in it.
Your plants look good and I wouldn't fret about the small random spot or two on a leaf lobe. It's good to look them over, but don't start thinking that things are going wrong unless you see problems on a larger scale. Keep up the good work.

Naturalx

Naturalx

Pic of whole plant will help but i would stop spraying cal mag. Its not needed in almost any case i see. And lower the nutes unless the plant is pretty big and shows a need for that much.

I almost never go over 750 ppm or 1.5 ec even with 8 oz dry bushes.
Finally daytime here. Here’s some photos of the whole plant and some of the leaves that are looking their worst

All in all the plant looks good this one has the most markings as well as a weird dark patch as well that I will post after these photos

3CEF6571 CBBC 4761 8C8F 483DE2F0E8CE
BB37CE67 AD99 4165 A427 3994ABFAD053
BA69123B 9661 4159 82FC 7CBABE2FF5E9
Reactions: Ina
Naturalx

Naturalx

As well this is in some of the leaves. It doesn’t look so bad out of the tent the led really seem to make these marks look worse in the tent but if I can prevent this from getting worse I’m all in.

None of my fan leaves are clawing down or yellowing maybe just too much nutrients?

231B1F3E FCA9 474E ADB4 80296F112C96
Naturalx

Naturalx

Yeah she is starting to show some nutrient stress in my opinion.

Looks hearty though. Strong plant there.
Thanks for all your help and well, everyones. The information has been great. I did jump ahead in my nutrient feeding schedule so i'll drop it back. It was taking them great but I can see it building up and slowly stressing them out a bit. This is the medium of my three plants. The main plant which I thought wouldn't do so well as it's sharing a light with one of the plants it's just a monster. Everytime I look at it it just wont quit. The stretch has started, the pistils are coming out I just need to make sure i'm raising my lights at this point and not overdo it on the LST.

The Jewels

The Jewels

Dude !
She's plump.
If this thread were titled
" Is my plant kicking pants ? "
I'd be like - " hell yeah !"

I am new at this, and I can stress over every petiole.
I would be proud to have that plant under my beams .
I'd say you are headed toward a crop,,,not a flop.

You did mention lighting.

What fixture do you have?
How close is it to the canopy?

Naturalx

Naturalx

Dude !
She's plump.
If this thread were titled
" Is my plant kicking pants ? "
I'd be like - " hell yeah !"

I am new at this, and I can stress over every petiole.
I would be proud to have that plant under my beams .
I'd say you are headed toward a crop,,,not a flop.

You did mention lighting.

What fixture do you have?
How close is it to the canopy?
I have two Viparspectra 600W and kept them 18" above the canopy and just bumped them up to 20 because they are growing close to 2" every 1-2 days

The Jewels

The Jewels

I took a peek at the manufacturer's website I was looking at the PAR 600

The only claim they make is that the " 260 watt is comparable to a 600 watt hid "
Although, there was no implication of how .
Be vigilant, and keep an ear on them.
The manufacturer has not informed you, but certainly the plants will
Has anyone ever measured their output ?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I took a peek at the manufacturer's website I was looking at the PAR 600

The only claim they make is that the " 260 watt is comparable to a 600 watt hid "
Although, there was no implication of how .
Be vigilant, and keep an ear on them.
The manufacturer has not informed you, but certainly the plants will
Has anyone ever measured their output ?
I have , actual par value is very close to what they say on their specs, wattage is about 200 for 600w, at full capacity. W/W it’s a good light. And I’ve been happy.
Plants look happy and bushy! Get some air flow under canopy , once u flip. Otherwise the little marks, I wouldnt worry too much. Handling damage and some slight over parenting/( over feeding) lol, call it the grandmother effect, (eat some more, you look thin)(lol). I’d say you are doing well mate.

Reactions: Ina
The Jewels

The Jewels

I couldn't find the measurements .

Op ( and I) is curious about lighting distance .
Plants are coming into peak intensity need?
I would sure not like to see a brother short himself of the photons that he has generated.
Those particular LEDs are not point source illumination . They certainly spread the light around; but how close should they be?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
448A629E 47E3 4F9C AA70 C798B08751EB
DCF9E8EB CDAC 45E8 BFA4 62B41B1117BC

I couldn't find the measurements .

Op ( and I) is curious about lighting distance .
Plants are coming into peak intensity need?
I would sure not like to see a brother short himself of the photons that he has generated.
Those particular LEDs are not point source illumination . They certainly spread the light around; but how close should they be?
18~20” from canopy top. That’s the ideal distance and move as the majority of the canopy gets taller, not just one cola. I’ve had one cola 10” and rest at 18” and they did well.

Naturalx

Naturalx

After doing some more lst lastnight and really combing through my plants I’m feeling much better. Lowered the nutrients a bit, stopped the foliage spray and they’re looking great, healthy hearty stocks, stretching.

Even my runt that seemed small is actually just showing a different phenotype it seems. Skinnier lankier stems and more sativa dominant fan leaves. I know the second photo is in the blurple but it’s too dark at night when I took the photo . Normal photo is after LST

13D441F7 3E51 4CD8 AFF2 DB98F751B30E
83842E06 FFAB 4308 A9F7 8CC54179DDA2

Latest posts

Top Bottom