• Tagged users None
Carloza

Carloza

Hey guys,
First soil grow, I'm a dwc guy.

- Ilgm autoflower seeds
- FFOF + 30% added perlite
- started on rapid rooters and transplanted to 3 gallon pots
- watered every 3-4 days, dry top and light container ( was afraid of overwatering)
- no nutrients were ever used, only plain water, hard water dechlorinated
- no type of training until I learn stuff
- I did tested run off a couple times, ppm was around 850-950 and pH was low on the plant that was struggling, 5.5 so I used some 7ph water to try to balance the soil
- I did saw some fungus gnats suckers around, got sticky traps on the way

So one day I woke up and soil was dry on one of my plants and leaves were dropped, thought was underwatering, so I gave them some water. But today a week after she still not happy at all and now my plant 1# that was doing good is also showing dropping leaves and some lime green color due to be neededing some nutrients since I never gave her nothing ( expected) and always watered till 20% run off since I was using a hot soil.

these two plants grew like a atomic explosion until they started to hit flower and my issues started. like, faster than my dwc grow, which is crazy.

I took them from the pot, had the suspicious of having root for ( dwc life ugh), but for my surprise the roots were white and what It seens they are getting root bound in a 3 gallon pot?

do I have root bound issues already or I'm miss diagnosing it and should focus more on my ph/nutrients? Can't test run off quite yet since I flushed one the plants that had the worst symptoms, thought it could be salt build up, have one of those cheapo soil ph meter arriving today and a fan drying the soil.

Interesting fact: I though my soil in the really bad plant was hydrophobic because I was giving both plants the same amount of water but the run off on the bad one was very excessive, almost like going straight through, I confirmed the lower portion of the soil being moist after removing it from the pot.

Pics below thx

Do i have root bound
Do i have root bound 2
Do i have root bound 3
Do i have root bound 4
Do i have root bound 5
Do i have root bound 6
chemistry

chemistry

They look a little over fed to me, your roots are as white as the come, so their fine.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Have you scoped the roots for bugs?

Or seen any on the edge of the pot when watering?

Looks like there may be white buildup on the roots which is a sign of root aphids.

I have been dealing with these things. They are very tiny and hard to spot.

I hope im just being paranoid but they do cause problems just like root rot.

Carloza

Carloza

Have you scoped the roots for bugs?

Or seen any on the edge of the pot when watering?

Looks like there may be white buildup on the roots which is a sign of root aphids.

I have been dealing with these things. They are very tiny and hard to spot.

I hope im just being paranoid but they do cause problems just like root rot.

Didn't found anything at the root level, just a few fungus gnats walking through the top of my soil. Neem oil and some sticky traps might work. They are also a sign that I might be overwatering somehow, I really thought I was underwatering them.

Im going from elimination, light intensity, temp and humidity are ruled out. Looking for root issues, water issues, bugs/fungus issue or pH issue

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Didn't found anything at the root level, just a few fungus gnats walking through the top of my soil. Neem oil and some sticky traps might work. They are also a sign that I might be overwatering somehow, I really thought I was underwatering them.

Im going from elimination, light intensity, temp and humidity are ruled out. Looking for root issues, water issues, bugs/fungus issue or pH issue

Make sure they are gnats and not aphid fliers. Easy to mistake. I had both at peak infestation.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Curly new growth = check for bugs 1st; This is a weird one because those roots look healthy as can be? How long ago did this start, did you spray anything on it

Carloza

Carloza

Curly new growth = check for bugs 1st; This is a weird one because those roots look healthy as can be? How long ago did this start, did you spray anything on it

It started the same day she switched to flower.

So weird facts, I added GH trio nutrients, call mag and hydroguard and watered them again and today, two days later, they seem to be back to life? No more dropped leaves, at least not the way it was before.. maybe a lack of nute lockout? Higher demands due to flower or a transitional shock?

Also need to control my humidity lights off. It goes from 45% lights on to 70% lights off, worried about my late flower babe, not trying to get a dehumidifier atm, maybe tweak some hot air inside the tent to counter balance it.

I also got my pH prong meter that turned out to be useless and the yellow sticky traps, that got something on them already, tried to take a picture with my cheapo phone, not the best quality with the jewelry lens on. Let me know what you guys think

IMG 20200801 080350
IMG 20200801 080306
IMG 20200801 080238
IMG 20200801 080150
Top Bottom