Do i have to worry or just impatient?

• Thread starter Kozzleto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kozzleto

Hi there you crazy farmers :)
I've been reading and reading about your plants, they all look soo... tasty :sun2:
So i planted my own.. 3 plants are from 3 days.. for the other 2 it's their 4th day... but nothing shows :doh:
The closest lamp to them is 60W(230V).. the other one is Sylvania Reptistar - 6800lx.
The cycle i use is 17h light for 7h night..
I attached pictures of the closet and the ground used for the seeds.
I also bought a fertilizer(N-7,5%; K-3,5%; P-0%) - do i have to use it right now?

Any advices, suggestions or just opinions are welcome!
10x in advance and sorry for the poor terminology and english if so :)
Greets from Bulgaria.

Do i have to worry or just impatient
Do i have to worry or just impatient 2
Do i have to worry or just impatient 3
H

hailo

dont worry about not seeing something...thats normal, just make sure temps are good...75F

I would change the light you have, its not the right kind
try flourescent

if you are using new good potting soil, you dont need nutes for 2-3 weeks

K

Kozzleto

Next day.. same shit, i am getting nervous and added some water. I've been growing in the same soil 1 year ago, everything was perfect.. till bad peoples knocked on the door :)
But what am i doing wrong this time? I don't trust the lamps btw...
Please heeelp!

H

hbstoner

Are you using a heat lamp or something? That looks like your going to fry your seedlings. New light asap.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Clear cups are not that good either. The roots need to be in complete darkness. Maybe drop em in some colored cups. Or black those out...And it looks like you need a different light too.

Just trying to help get things on track. Good Luck !:happy

S

scoobydoo

incandescent bulbs have almost no usable light for plants, replace it with a full spectrum florescent and youll get much much better results. A 150w hps would work well in that space as well.

J

jockbo

looks like you are using baking foil too mate, not very good, can cause severe heat spots and fraz your plants.

K

Kozzleto

Hi there, 10x for all advices!
I saved some money finally for lamps.. and need your opinion. Which one is better for that space - the CFL or the HPS and what Wats it need to be.
I'm going to change the baking foil and the pots, i'm just waiting them to germinate.
Yes, this is heating lamp, do i have to remove it or it will be better to work together with the CFL or HPS?
Also the one on the top is for Terrarium, is this bad or?
10x a lot again!
:rauch08:

K

Kozzleto

Did you germinate the seeds or just put them in the cups?

I've put them directly in the cups, in about 2cm, it's maybe too deep..
Also i just bought 18W Osram - 1200lm Energy Saver, is it ok?
I didn't really realize the difference between the CFL and the Osram i bought, same 'lm', same Kelvin, same price, only that the CFL is working only with external device(i think it's ballast in english) hope you understand what i mean.. and it's at least 15$ in Bulgaria

A

ARTofMAKINGfire

You need to read some groFAQs. Using a incandecent light bulb tells me you just had an idea that pot can grow indoors, and now we are here...

If you grew a year ago and everything was perfect (which it was not) why not replicate what you did?

You need to get some airflow in there. You need to get a CFL. Germinating the seeds first will allow you to know which ones are viable as opposed to which will not pop anyway. Wet paper towel method. Then barely bury them. Put a CFL over them. Do not overwater. Keep the soil moist but not wet. Damp. Get a fan in there pointed on them or they'll have weak stems and fall over.

Read the GrowFAQ is was written just for you.

R

Radio_Dread

Well HPS is good for flower. cfl would be better for veg. and no the light you are using totally get rid of it. it will not help your plants out all, just cause more heat in the room. hope this helps

K

Kozzleto

I really appreciate that you are wasting your time with amateur like me..
'Everything was perfect' - i mean that they showed upon the soil :D ..far from perfection, yes.
Ok.. so it's time for next question.. can i heat the place with the incandescent lamp or it's specter can harm them.. yes, i've read that they are not seeing it's specter, but just asking, i don't want to waste more nerves... pff and they are not even germinated :sweating.. i imagine in the vegetation what it would be..
Thanks again for all the help,
much appreciated!

J

jordisgarden

I absolutly never fuck with my seeds. i soak down my promix in a beer cup and plant em. i mist the soil a lot to keep it wet. ive never had one not come up. im to scared to handle a new sprout. why do people germinate 1st? just to be sure?

TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

incandescent bulbs have almost no usable light for plants, replace it with a full spectrum florescent and youll get much much better results. A 150w hps would work well in that space as well.

lol I was reading this forum and just as I saw your name it was said on a song I was listening.."twinkle brothers - unemployment" in the beginning of the song..

T

TheGanjaMan

Read the FQA's from start to finish and you questions will be answered. Keep em pots nice an wet to. I like to use a spray bottle because watering can carry the seed lower into the soil.
PS : Tin foil is a NO NO. It causes hot spots and can burn your plants.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Update please. I liked your little grow box.

Many people have fine grows using the DULL side of aluminum foil.

Yes the incandescent bulbs can be used for a heat source and the spectrum does not harm the plant it just isn't very good for photosynthesis.

A 40w CFL which is a 150w equivalent runs about $8 in the USA. Is that the kind you got? I realize it might be more in Bulgaria because it might not be common. Just wondering what yours looks like. Is it the twisted kind that screws into a regular socket?

When you had the heat lamp over the cups did the soil dry out? I always keep some plactic wrap over my soil until the sprout comes out to keep it moist.

M

MASSES 420KING

Hi there, 10x for all advices!
I saved some money finally for lamps.. and need your opinion. Which one is better for that space - the CFL or the HPS and what Wats it need to be.
I'm going to change the baking foil and the pots, i'm just waiting them to germinate.
Yes, this is heating lamp, do i have to remove it or it will be better to work together with the CFL or HPS?
Also the one on the top is for Terrarium, is this bad or?
10x a lot again!
:rauch08:

get the hps itll do it all if need be and you deffinatly dont need to worry about keepin it warm withg the hps never ever ever feed seedlings for there first month of life the seedling is born with every thing it needs to survive for a month definatley go get a 10 dollar cfl for them theyll need only that for 2-3 weeks then start 2feet away with hps from week4-harvest and progressivly lower until about 10-12 inches from canopy top :icon_stick man::tmi

Top Bottom