Do I Need Cal Mag? Canna Coco With Tap Water(.1ec)

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

Using canna coco AB, plants are on week 1 of flower and I'm curious if I need to be using cal mag.

Where is someone who has this system dialed and is willing to share?

Throughout veg I supplemented calmag and my plants began to taco and streak purple...I believe I supplemented to much. In veg i was using about 4-6ml/gal AB and then say 3ml/gal calmag..very dark and taco curl leaves started to appear.

NOW I'm at day 5 of flower and they are growing strong yet my feed is still not dialed in...I removed cal mag Last night(Saturday night) for a few days to try and straighten things out and am just feeding AB at 8ml/gallon bringing my total solution to 1.1EC including my zyme and rhyzo..

MY question is.... would you reccommend using a small amount of cal mag in flower.? product im using is CaliMagic. I've been told canna base does not have necessary calmag levels until I hit a certain EC.. will I start to see some problems from my plants now that there is no cal mag in there or are they already so jacked full of it from veg that I probably wont need it?

My tap water EC is .1 so there is not much in it.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

I would play it by ear and respond to your plants signs. Start at one dose every other serving and at half strength. Gradually bump it up from there till you see a reaction then back it off. Take notes to track progress. Each strain is different, but I have had great results from canna and I had to supplement cal mag .

Thelight413

Thelight413

I would play it by ear and respond to your plants signs. Start at one dose every other serving and at half strength. Gradually bump it up from there till you see a reaction then back it off. Take notes to track progress. Each strain is different, but I have had great results from canna and I had to supplement cal mag .
right on man, seems like the only legit way to do it, trial and error. Got some fresh clones about to root so I will try it out on them

One Flip

One Flip

right on man, seems like the only legit way to do it, trial and error. Got some fresh clones about to root so I will try it out on them
My tap water is 80ppm. I use to supplement about 3 mils as well to bring my ppm to 250 and that was my starting point to add the base. If you run your AB at a higher rate you can probably get away with a little less. When I'm trying to dial in a new line of nutes I usually start off at about 70% of what's recommended. When I was feeding canna in flower @ 10mils I was under feeding. I bumped it up to 13 and the plants looked much happier. I know a few people that swear they can run canna in their full recommended schedule without any burn. Just reading this posts makes me want to run their line again and compare to what I'm doing now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I learned the hard way that just because your water has Ca in it does not mean it's available. After two failed runs trying to use what Ca was in my water, with a bit of supplemental Cal-Mag, I ended up going with RO/DI (stripping the water completely) and adding back Ca and Mg separately. This taught me quite a lot, including the fact that the Cal-Mag combo products I was using didn't have the right ratio of Ca:Mg, all are too, too low. I like a minimum ratio of 4:1 Ca:Mg, and 6:1 is usually better.

When growing in coir, you *must* be able to account at least for Ca, because, again in my experience, if you wait until you see a problem you've waited far too long. Get the Ca into them now, not later.

I have not used your particular fertilizer regimen. Please post up the pertinent details so we can get a better grasp on what may be happening. Also... (gotta double check and see your parameters, lighting, etc.) you've left out some very important information. And pix.

One Flip

One Flip

Good point Seamaiden about staying ahead of the curve for the Ca defficiency.

Top Bottom