Do I need Co2 for my indoor grow?

• Thread starter Kingkuts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kingkuts

Kingkuts

Is Co2 absolutely necessary for an indoor Grow?does anyone think it would help ?

RR1

RR1

What size tent or room and how many people live in the building?
No, it's not absolutely necessary as long as you have lots of airflow. Co2 is not a fix for bad growing habits. But, once you have a setup all dialed in it can increase yields by 15-20% anyway. Works best in sealed grows. I use tents, and have blowers for fresh air and cooling purposes. I yield better than most of my friends, (except that damned old Hippie Joe). It can make a big difference.
RR1

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
No, it's not absolutely necessary as long as you have lots of airflow. Co2 is not a fix for bad growing habits. But, once you have a setup all dialed in it can increase yields by 15-20% anyway. Works best in sealed grows. I use tents, and have blowers for fresh air and cooling purposes. I yield better than most of my friends, (except that damned old Hippie Joe). It can make a big difference.
RR1
I have a 2x2x4 and 5 people living in my home. I don't see the need for co2 in my grow room.

johnsmith_559

johnsmith_559

no it is not. one, it needs to be up around 1200 to 1500 ppm
5o get that level you can not vent or you lose your co2 .
most grow rooms i see with hest up or produce humidity and heat that the fans usually keep running or at least do not go long without running .
co2 is good for green houses where plant density may not be maxed and there is more cubic volume of air to displace heat and no4 hsve as much dynamic air evacuation.
now a more dense planting regime can negate any benefit.
if they area is densely planted with uniform plants you will produce as much density as possible. co2 could hurt as it will just cause over growth.
large plants are inefficient and may benefit from co2.
but the more single buds the more efficient.
I used to plant 21 day old cuttings directly onto flood and drain tables in 4" cubes packed together and fowr3d immediately. so 98 cuttings in a 4x 4 ares with a 600 watt hps .I was able to consistanly yield 1.1 to 1.25 lb per area . in 70 days of flowering

Anthem

Anthem

Running CO2 is one of the cheapest ways of increasing yield once you have the lights and environment dialed in. The only real way to see if people in the house or those exhale bags really work would be to install the equipment for reading CO2 levels in a room. Typical CO2 ratings out in the open are around 350 to 400. To give you an example of CO2 use when things are going good. I had 31 plants in a sealed room and I knew my tank was running low but it was still pushout out CO2 and the level was at 834. I am running 1500ppms lights on. I went out to run an errand and 2 1/2 hours later the CO2 was down to 008. It works and does increase yield but lights and grow environment have to be on point to see the benefit.

Mark91si

Mark91si

4x8 tent..... 2 girls at 4 weeks. First grow ever. I have been around other grows but have never tried growing my own. I went with C02 just because it helps with growth. We are all wanting the most out of every grow. If adding a little CO2 will get me more bud..... why not?? Below is a feminized Gelato that I can't remember where the seed came from (Web). Tent stays closed 23.75 hours a day. I go in check the soil, run my hand through the plants and water if needed. Inside the tent the smell is awesome!! Outside the tent you have no clue whats inside.

B2d257e8 65a4 4eb9 9bc9 40c3da8646e2
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Ive tryd varius level of enrichment from 800 to 1500 and yes like others said it speed up consistently the rithm of growth/methabolism hence yields....but...speed up also some eventual problems like deficiencies 😁 so is better have everything dialed in first and then add this as extra...
Sure dont sweat about it if you cant afford a setup !
Im running a sealed Mom/clone room with no supplement at all ( except of me breathin 😁) and theyr thriving!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm sort of hesitant to try Co2 for a couple reasons. One is I have a tiny tent and a lot of people in my house but also, I know that it can be detrimental if there is too much and I don't have a meter right now so I don't want to add anything more just in case I already have enough which I think I do. I'm also still working on my other grow factors that are more important like lighting and nutrients. I keep remembering more things but my light also isn't very bright so the Co2 won't even do anything.

TonyAlder

TonyAlder

Is Co2 absolutely necessary for an indoor Grow?does anyone think it would help ?
Na bro its like an additive

Like when you get corona at a bar - you can add a lime its much better but not necessary

Top Bottom