Do i need more light

• Thread starter singlorigin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
singlorigin

singlorigin

Hello!

Im rebuilding my flower room and i cant figure out if i have enough lights.

Currently, i have Samsung Led Fseries Gen 3000k in total 2560 W for a room that is 5 m x 4 m...
Should i add more light for flowering?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello!

Im rebuilding my flower room and i cant figure out if i have enough lights.

Currently, i have Samsung Led Fseries Gen 3000k in total 2560 W for a room that is 5 m x 4 m...
Should i add more light for flowering?
I would say at least double if it's a wall to wall grow. What the actual growing area?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its wall to wall grow with 30 plants currently.
People will recommend 30-50w per sq foot for led. If you hit 30 you should be ok 40 watts will definitely be good. I think for 30w sq ft that puts you a bit over 6k watts for that size room.

So 16.5*13,=214.5
214.5*40=8580.

I would say between 6500w and 8500w will do

singlorigin

singlorigin

People will recommend 30-50w per sq foot for led. If you hit 30 you should be ok 40 watts will definitely be good. I think for 30w sq ft that puts you a bit over 6k watts for that size room.

So 16.5*13,=214.5
214.5*40=8580.

I would say between 6500w and 8500w will do
What do you think , if i go only with 4000w total , can i pull 200 gr from each plant dry ? I know it depends of many factors but like idea can it work?
Im just worried by electricity i have a smart electricity meter .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What do you think , if i go only with 4000w total , can i pull 200 gr from each plant dry ? I know it depends of many factors but like idea can it work?
Im just worried by electricity i have a smart electricity meter .
Thank god I don't have those yet. Set the timer to get as many off hours as possible.

Yield will be determined by light, strain, veg time and environment. So yes you can but most of it will be determined by your veg time and how well you make use of your space. Ideally a scrog would work very well in maximizing yeild in tight spaces but will also make it impossible to get to the plants for maintenance and watering. Lighting will be a big factor

There is now way I can give you an answer man

singlorigin

singlorigin

Thank god I don't have those yet. Set the timer to get as many off hours as possible.

Yield will be determined by light, strain, veg time and environment. So yes you can but most of it will be determined by your veg time and how well you make use of your space. Ideally a scrog would work very well in maximizing yeild in tight spaces but will also make it impossible to get to the plants for maintenance and watering. Lighting will be a big factor

There is now way I can give you an answer man
They did set the meter up at the same time i did start my grow so living stressful for some month now :)
That what i thought , i will put up a SCROG definitely and have decide how to get to each plant.
Also installed drip system will sea how it goes.
All plants are wedding gellato just entered flowering .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
They did set the meter up at the same time i did start my grow so living stressful for some month now :)
That what i thought , i will put up a SCROG definitely and have decide how to get to each plant.
Also installed drip system will sea how it goes.
All plants are wedding gellato just entered flowering .
Hi, I'm not sure if this is old school stuff that nobody does any more but a buddy of mine used light movers. lights on rails that allowed him to cover more space with less light. Maybe someone will speak up and let us know if they still get used. Just an alternative to more lights for you.

Dan789

Dan789

So, I’m greening that you believe a smart meter is bad when you are using a proposed 4000 watts? The unavoidable situation is that yours and any other grower has is that the load is continuous, most people/families aren’t using 4000 watts for eighteen hours straight, and that then repeats itself identically the next day. Just thinking the power companies have more important concerns than watching your usage, smart meter or not...
I agree with @Aqua Man, no one can predict what you’ll harvest, too many variables...it could be zero grams...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
So, I’m greening that you believe a smart meter is bad when you are using a proposed 4000 watts? The unavoidable situation is that yours and any other grower has is that the load is continuous, most people/families aren’t using 4000 watts for eighteen hours straight, and that then repeats itself identically the next day. Just thinking the power companies have more important concerns than watching your usage, smart meter or not...
I agree with @Aqua Man, no one can predict what you’ll harvest, too many variables...it could be zero grams...
I don't think they care as long as you pay your bill but you can never tell what a military style anti drug police task force might be thinking. If you're somewhere they still toss you in jail for growing pot then that much consumption in a residential neighborhood might draw attention.

Top Bottom