Do I need to amputate?

• Thread starter bigboo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigboo

This is my glookies plant. She is 34" tall and in her 4th week of flower. During week 1, a fan fell on her and split her stalk where the tape in the picture is. She put in a lot of growth (14 inches) over the last couple of weeks. I have noticed a lot of shriveled leaves on a couple of the stems and top bud production doesn't seem to be where it should be ( as shown in pictures). Lower bud sites seem fuller and healthier. Should I cut those stems above these leaves or leave the plant be?

Do i need to amputate
Do i need to amputate 2
Do i need to amputate 3
Do i need to amputate 4
Do i need to amputate 5
Do i need to amputate 6
P

Putthataway

Ouch has that break begun to heal? I broke a branch and taped it, thing kept progressing worse. I mixed sugar and yeast to produce co2 and stuck a small tube under the tape sort of like a iv and finally it started healing. I know it sounds like bro science. I didn’t read it anywhere. I was desperate I was already mixing and adding the co2 anyway. I lost a few leaves but the flower survived. Good luck!

B

bigboo

Ouch has that break begun to heal? I broke a branch and taped it, thing kept progressing worse. I mixed sugar and yeast to produce co2 and stuck a small tube under the tape sort of like a iv and finally it started healing. I know it sounds like bro science. I didn’t read it anywhere. I was desperate I was already mixing and adding the co2 anyway. I lost a few leaves but the flower survived. Good luck!
Yes it has begun repair. I'm wondering if those spots are growth during the time the split was fresh. Everything below that looks healthy.

Bilber

Bilber

Make sure to reinforce the split really well....when the buds start to get heavy, you don't want it happening again....

On a side note.....keep an eye on the plant for the next week or two......that big of a stressor could promote hermin.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom