Do I Need To Be Worried?

• Thread starter DrNorCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrNorCal

DrNorCal

Apparently the feds and the state are in tandem doing raids on people in my city just for growing marijuana? Am I reading this right??

Apollo13

Apollo13

Yes, I can buy a $80 drone and take really good pictures of my property from way up.. with the use of drones, everyone outside is vulnerable to thieves and police. Get a greenhouse or go indoors is my advice. Heck, just Google Earth scares me, my buddies house I can view in the street and look in his van. I can see every tree on my property and my livestock.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
First off drones cannot fly above 400 foot (or below 100 foot over any privet property). Second there is an expectation of privacy on privet property. That being said a warrant would have to be used to take pictures for use in court or to make public any photo under our civil rights. The exception would be if the unlawful photos were to be used against a person showing those violations , then police could act on the information gathered as it would negate` the fruit of the poison tree `. Keeping your plants covered inside, under ground, or in a greenhouse would be prudent.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow... I didn't realize all cultivation had been made illegal by the city/muni out there. But according to the article it's just Stanislaus Co, not the feds, involved in this particular incident. The question I have for you is this--what's the actual legal status of cultivation in your city? Apparently it's not kosher down there.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Rules for drones are like rules for growing. Some follow, some dont. For $80 this fall, u could get rich. I find it hard to believe that nobody in city flys drones.. they do. Things are changing. And I'm sure the cops can fly anywhere they want if they suspect. I would worry if I was exposed to the sky..but I already got raided on very unethical police activities. So beware or not...

DrNorCal

DrNorCal

I tried searching so hard for any codes that I could possibly be violating. I can't find any city ordinances or county in regards to the cultivation of cannabis. Is it normal for you to just be raided and show your license and they say well okay have a good day? I just find this extremely contradictory that the federal government is trying to pursue backyard growers with my county narcotics team. It's so weird i'm a veteran and I was just prescribed medical marijuana by my doctor which has been approved by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT??????????

Apollo13

Apollo13

Not normal here. It was in the 90's. And not from drones. I have a few helicopters and drones. They're so cheap u would be amazed at what $100 buys u. When I was in my teens I'd have been searching corn fields for illegal grows..which are common in farm lands.. Search all summer and harvest early fall.. I could have said worry without reading the article, but I'm super paranoid...and my freedom is top priority. I can tell u how $300 can build u a enclosed big greenhouse if u need to get covered.

It's not worth the jail time, be careful. A lot of people in prison over this. Raids happen in michigan a lot and people go to jail. It really doesn't matter how they caught u once they got u.. Its especially awful when my country puts a vet in jail after serving this country..disgusting. I believe it's about to federally be legalized soon, but u never know. Marlboro thinks so too.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I tried searching so hard for any codes that I could possibly be violating. I can't find any city ordinances or county in regards to the cultivation of cannabis. Is it normal for you to just be raided and show your license and they say well okay have a good day? I just find this extremely contradictory that the federal government is trying to pursue backyard growers with my county narcotics team. It's so weird i'm a veteran and I was just prescribed medical marijuana by my doctor which has been approved by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT??????????
It is not the federal government who's doing this. Read the article, it's your county narcotics task force. Contact your county or city clerk and ask them for a printout of the cannabis cultivation codes.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Agreed don't think its federally legal cause its not . its a schedule 1 drug higher than cocaine and equal to heri in the law . the pres just passed the way for docs and scientific uses so it could get rescheduled but it hasn't yet

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Did you guys read the story? He was first suspected because he had a hoop house over the tomatoes.....How the fuck is it ok to threaten people because their plastic hoop house might have cannabis under it? More rules and regulations that are against everything America stands for, or used to at least.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I read it. The impression I was left with is that it's already known that you cannot cultivate outside in Modesto, so my assumption is that there must be a code on the books. It is incumbent on the OP to learn what those codes are and how they affect him or her.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I would bring this up to Norml. No way it's legal to assume that plants under plastic that can't be seen is cannabis. That is why they just sent a letter, because they can't do anything with such little info. Get the growers to out themselves.

DrNorCal

DrNorCal

Okay from what I'm understanding guys these is complete propoganda for this years growing season. I finally talked to my friend who runs large macro groweries here in modesto and told me that it's completely legal. The city council hasn't decided on whether to regulate it or not. They tried recently in 2014 but it was shut down because it would hurt people trying to grow medicine in their backyard. So I guess i'm in the clear? ? I contacted my local Norml charter and no response anybody know someone from modesto about local laws because it seems to me that its completely legal and the police are just trying to be preventive and scare people off

DrNorCal

DrNorCal

http://fox40.com/2014/12/15/modesto...-ordinance-claims-it-helps-son-with-seizures/

This is what happens when you love someone. I can't believe people would let a child suffer over their discomfort I just don't understand the world we live in today. There are so many much more important issues to focus on rather medical marijuana. I haven't found any legislation in Modesto or Stanislaus county. I'm within state guidelines and everything is completely legal from my understanding. It seems like Modestos city council keeps shooting down these proposed ordinances because it hurts too many people and the possibility of recreational use coming here in the fall would be ridiculous to ban. I have a feel as to why they would never ban outdoor cultivation in modesto. Next year if they really legalized it modesto would be perfect for growing marijuana. There are so many open fields and orchards here its ridiculous. Imagine the money the farmers already make from almonds and walnuts if they switched to pot.

Thats what the police want you to think seamaiden. If you read the article why would the police have aerial surveillance in april or may whatever it was. Wouldn't you want your surveying done when the pot is ready for harvest as you would make huge arrests? Not baby seedlings this is why it seems so fishy to me.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Total scare tactics and it seems it works,the only thing i took from that article that left me shocked or scared was this,

"He’s one of the finest people I met in 40 years in law enforcement,” Wasden said. He relied on Seawright to calm angry neighbors in the Highway Village area after a police raid went bad and an 8-year-old boy was accidentally shot to death.''

How the fuck do you accidentally shoot an 8 year old to death and what kind of monster condones that?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, yeah, because those clerks absolutely will *not* give out any information unless they have your full name, address, phone and social security numbers and whatever's tattooed on your ass.

Right now it seems that the only people who read the article and comprehended what's in it are those who are entirely unaffected by it.
That's like hanging a "Kick Me" sign around your neck.
Oh give me a fucking break, really?
Okay from what I'm understanding guys these is complete propoganda for this years growing season. I finally talked to my friend who runs large macro groweries here in modesto and told me that it's completely legal. The city council hasn't decided on whether to regulate it or not. They tried recently in 2014 but it was shut down because it would hurt people trying to grow medicine in their backyard. So I guess i'm in the clear? ? I contacted my local Norml charter and no response anybody know someone from modesto about local laws because it seems to me that its completely legal and the police are just trying to be preventive and scare people off
Why contact NORML when they don't keep up to date, let alone actually make the laws? Contact your local clerk, for Chrissakes.

You don't even have the nerve to make a simple phone call to the right people?

waveybased

waveybased

I enjoyed all of your comments.
In my opinion Seamaiden is completely right.
Hahaha you think police care if you know they are in any way getting a view of your property. No. I know you see airplanes and shit. Infact, in the article it says if they suspect marijuana they send out a letter notifying you they do.

It seemed like local news was really just trying to make everyone feel bad for the guy & his wife. Like they needed to fill some space. It really wasnt even that negitive. Again, my opinion.

But what I do know know is that in manteca (15 minutes away from modesto) can not have any plants IN THE GROUND.

waveybased

waveybased

So im pretty sure same goes for modesto as well as manteca. So what I did is went and bought a fat ass property in calaveras county cause your alowed to grow up to 99 plants. I think santa cruz has the same limit.

So do some indoor, flash your card & shit if needed... Or take a chance & put some in the ground on your property. But wherever you do it be prepared for thieves :)

50YardLine

50YardLine

Oh, yeah, because those clerks absolutely will *not* give out any information unless they have your full name, address, phone and social security numbers and whatever's tattooed on your ass.

Right now it seems that the only people who read the article and comprehended what's in it are those who are entirely unaffected by it.

Oh give me a fucking break, really?

Why contact NORML when they don't keep up to date, let alone actually make the laws? Contact your local clerk, for Chrissakes.

You don't even have the nerve to make a simple phone call to the right people?

@Seamaiden little cruel language coming from a moderator that is suppose to make this sight more friendly.........Didn't you just give me a warning because I simply said bullshit in another thread? However you can talk down to people saying "give me a fucking break?" It must be good to be king.

I would contact Norml because they are an activist organization that will shed light on these issues. It's not ok for local governments to act like a dictatorship. Also, I know for a fact if you call and ask about anything cannabis related to a police station, or one could also assume a local county clerk, they record your phone number or any other information your dumb enough to put forward. Try it for yourself if you don't believe me, it is akin to hanging a kick me sign on your neck. I personally know a county clerk at my local county office, I will ask her what she thinks and report back.

BTW - a simple phone call to the right people would not be a clerk in a county office. They have no idea what the rules are, and are not bound to tell you anything truthful. I would contact a lawyer. Why would anybody trust their freedom to a county clerk?

Top Bottom