Do I need to desperately cover for rain during outdoor flowering?

• Thread starter cobblestoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cobblestoner

cobblestoner

So my girl has grown about 6 ft+ wide, I’ve built a pvc structure around her to battle occasional rains with my tarp during current weather but there usually isn’t. Eventually she’s grown so phat I’ve had to tie her to the pvc structure and I fear if I take my tarp and cover it like I usually do like a sheet, requiring another person and some struggle.

I have a 50% chance of rain tonight and a regular humidity of 20-60% daytime to nighttime and I’m worried about what I’ve heard about rain and mold. She’s a bag seed off some mids that seems to be fairly hardy when it comes to anything thrown at it, including one night of rain before without a problem in 3rd week of flower.

SUMMARY:
DO I RISK BREAKING A CRAP TON OF BRANCHES TO AVOID A NIGHT OF RAIN AND IS RAIN POISON/MOLD INCARNATE TO BUDS

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i m in a tent indoor in a small appartment and i m at risk with mold near the end of flowering each time it rain and the rh rise too much ...

if wouldn't hesitate covering them with care

the rrock

the rrock

yeah mine are in pots so I erected some pop ups and moved them under cover.Ive already seen signs on a few plants because of a mild moist summer (coastal weather).You may already have mould and not even know it. Stay vigilent and try to keep her dry.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I think leaving it out is best, covering it makes for a environment where hunid air is Trapped around your plant. That's just me though, unless its going to hail or something then yea do what you can. But just rain I wouldn't worry, just gently shake the water out of them in the morning is what I would do

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Some version of cannabis grows in every humid and rainy place on earth.

Some of it molds easier than others.

Shake ‘em dry and find yourself some seed for next year that finishes outdoors in 8-9 weeks instead of ?-? Weeks

You can grow bud in the rain. You can also get mold.

Covering might help, but don’t break things or let things touch other things. Look at the outdoor grow thread for ideas.

Good luck dude👍🏼
3399E67B E7D0 4F72 BCA5 879315F0ED90

S

Spartan12

Had this issue last year. Very rainy my buds were huge eventually got mold.
You leave them uncoverd they get wet the buds if they don't dry off within a few hours you will get mold.
If you cover them in a tent humidity builds and you can get mold. The trick is wind but that's not available when you need it. I used my leaf blower on low setting and kept trying to dry them off.It was a hard battle but in the end I had to wash my buds to get rid of mold. So just hope u don't have continuous rain it's the worst case scenario in end flower stage.

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Here is a temporary rain cover I made for a sprawling outdoor sativa. The wire stays on, but I only rig the tarp if it’s really going to pour down rain, or rain for more than a day. It’s so humid here that the flowers are wet every morning from dew anyway. But not that wet. You can see the cover does not cover all the flowers. Some colas have been damaged by the wire. I have some mold anyway. Every day, almost. ✂️✂️✂️
78C00FC1 1D82 498D B353 EDDB4E336B81
3FD6E7B6 1A2E 4FDF AE64 215ED4982523

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Here is a temporary rain cover I made for a sprawling outdoor sativa. The wire stays on, but I only rig the tarp if it’s really going to pour down rain, or rain for more than a day. It’s so humid here that the flowers are wet every morning from dew anyway. But not that wet. You can see the cover does not cover all the flowers. Some colas have been damaged by the wire. I have some mold anyway. Every day, almost. ✂️✂️✂️
View attachment 2050014View attachment 2050015
Maybe the tarp is making it worse? I saw anecdotal evidence that it makes it worse. 🤷‍♂️ outdoor is 😒

MisterHelix

MisterHelix

Maybe the tarp is making it worse? I saw anecdotal evidence that it makes it worse. 🤷‍♂️ outdoor is 😒
The tarp was only on for about 24 hours during a particularly rainy day and night. I took it off when the rain stopped.

I was worried too, but I don't think it made it worse. I think it would be bad to leave a cover on all the time, though.

(Edit: actually it kind of did make it worse where a bud rubbed on the wire mesh and got rotten and another place where the Water running off the tarp super-soaked an unlucky bud on the edges. But the colas that were covered did better, I think.)

S

Spartan12

Yes good when it rain cover and expose after is good .Pray for a breeze to keep moisture of or blow dry with your leaf blower it can be a bitch this time of year.We are lucky this year in ontario Canada weather is awesome sunny everyday last 3 weeks.

Top Bottom