Do I need to feed(nutes) my outdoor plants after mixing initial nutes into soil?

• Thread starter sweetgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetgreen

I'm a noob and I'm reading and learning as much as I can, but I'm still a little confused on soil and nutes.

I've found quite a few soil recipes(organic) online that call for bat guano, bone/blood meal, worm castings etc... to be added to regular top/potting soil. Now my question is, are these nutes supposed to last the entire grow? Or do I need to add more nutes eventually? Also how do I do that? Will I just mix nutes with water and then water the plants? Those same nutes I mixed with the soil, I don't think they mix well with water do they? So will I have to have different types of nutes to add to water?

Basically I'm looking for the general overview of how nutes are added to soil, initially and subsequently.

Thank you

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
these recipes can be good through all or most of veg - then during flowering amend with some teas or do some top dressing to boost your buds

S

sweetgreen

Ok I'll have to search teas and top dressings, but I'll assume they're nutes I mix into water and feed with a watering? Do they come with feeding schedules like the Hydro nutes? Or are they fed at growers discretion?

Thanks again

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Teas are made by you for the most part with the things you used to mix into your soil (worm castings, guano--be careful making teas out of animal products, blood and bone meals, compost, alfalfa, etc). Top-dressing isn't a noun, it's a verb, and top-dressing is simply putting some dry feed (meals, worm castings, compost, guanos, etc) and scratching it into the top inch or so of soil. Everything is fed at your discretion, in a way, but these are all slowly released as they're broken down, so you don't have entire control over it.

Make sense?

F

Fbm

I'll toss as much as 25Pounds of high n bat in mid June. I usually put Something tea wise on once every two weeks. And in bloom I like to add liquid bone meal every two weeks.

Top Bottom