Do I need to worry? - humidity

• Thread starter bloodeye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bloodeye

My lung room is nicely at 23c and 50% humidity.

I can not get the 2x2 tent down though. This seems to hover around the 68% humidity.

I'm late veg so is it worth me buying a little portable dehumidifier to go in the tent? My concern with doing this is that the humidity inside the tent nose dives and causes other issues

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Hook up a fan to suck out the air from the tent . And cut a vet so air can come into the tent when the fan is sucking .
68 is to high if there is not a fan venting the tent .
If you have a fan venting the tent 24/7 and a fan blowing in the tent it will be ok .

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Its more stale air in the tent then the high humidity . Mold loves air just sitting so it can settle .
Look at out door plants here in mi humidity in the 90s and they get rained on never molds Air moving

B

bloodeye

Hook up a fan to suck out the air from the tent . And cut a vet so air can come into the tent when the fan is sucking .
68 is to high if there is not a fan venting the tent .
If you have a fan venting the tent 24/7 and a fan blowing in the tent it will be ok .
I've got the inline fan and controller and it's on constantly at the minute trying to battle the humidity.
I've opened the zip in the door to the tent a little and over 30 minutes it's dropped to something like 64% humidity. The room has no sun light anyway.

It's the disparity between the lung room and the tent that's getting me.
So as long as it's pulling some low humidity into the tent it should be ok?
I'm getting close to flower and don't want any fuck ups at this stage

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

What is your outside humidity in the room where the tents are in ? Is it the same ?

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

If the outside air is lower then the tents this is an issue . The tent needs to move more air in and out . They can and will mold in flower .
If the outside air is the same odds are the plants will be ok . I do not even have a meter that reads humidity in my tent. But i vent it so much i know the air is fresh as outside air.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
My lung room is nicely at 23c and 50% humidity.

I can not get the 2x2 tent down though. This seems to hover around the 68% humidity.

I'm late veg so is it worth me buying a little portable dehumidifier to go in the tent? My concern with doing this is that the humidity inside the tent nose dives and causes other issues
Dehumidifiers create tons of heat, use you lung room air and exchange it with your exhaust fan

B

bloodeye

Dehumidifiers create tons of heat, use you lung room air and exchange it with your exhaust fan
Maybe I need to put my exhaust fan venting outside then?

Currently it just vents back into the lung room where I have a heavy duty dehumidifier. Which is great for the lung room, 50% humidity!

@BryanOconner so tent is around 64% the lung room at 50%.
Temps matching around 25c which is the temp of the lung room.

Could it be that it's a small tent? Or do I need to turn my inline up? Currently it runs at 75% speed

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Could it be that it's a small tent? Or do I need to turn my inline up? Currently it runs at 75% speed
Does that tent have a heater? Warming the tent should lower the humidity. Then trigger the exhaust fan to run when the tent is too warm, about 28C.

I have a 2x2, too, and I've noticed that controlling the environment in the smaller size tent can be more difficult. I think it's because of the relatively low volume of air inside the tent. It doesn't provide a "buffer" as a larger tent would.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
It's better to keep your humidity lower as to prevent molds and mildews... think about people who grow inside at desert locations.... humidity is like 30% I'm a basement grower and I keep my rh around 50 to 55%

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Crank the fan full power see if it goes down.
You can run a ac in the main room to lower the humidity in everything . It will turn on and kill the humidity quick making zero heat last resort. Buy a bigger fan is a better option to vent the tent if that
fan wont do it . 6 inch fan from ebay for 35 buck or so will work. Over kill but it will work fine .

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd like to see a picture of the tent and how it's set up.

Does that tent have a controller? If so, where is the sensor located?

B

bloodeye

have a 2x2, too, and I've noticed that controlling the environment in the smaller size tent can be more difficult. I think it's because of the relatively low volume of air inside the tent. It doesn't provide a "buffer" as a larger tent would.
That was my thinking and what I was alluding to. I'll take a photo of the room setup shortly but I have the dehumidifier blowing it's exhaust onto the tent because my thinking was this would help warm up the tent (the dehumidifier exhaust is warm!) And also my thinking was the dryer air would be close to the tent to be pulled inside.

Oh and no heater on the tent. Heat isn'tuch of an issue. The ling room was the tent perfectly

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Oh and no heater on the tent. Heat isn'tuch of an issue. The ling room was the tent perfectly
You wrote that the lung room is 23C (about 73F). That's cold for cannabis. 27C or about 80F is recommended. Warming the tent would also lower the humidity.

B

bloodeye

You wrote that the lung room is 23C (about 73F). That's cold for cannabis. 27C or about 80F is recommended. Warming the tent would also lower the humidity.
The temps drop down to around that when the lights are off. Goes up towards 80f when the lights have been on a while.

The spare room has become the grow room.
PXL 20231231 1613234552
PXL 20231231 161328711
PXL 20231231 161357384
PXL 20231231 161405694MP
PXL 20231231 161411677MP
PXL 20231231 1614475002

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The temps drop down to around that when the lights are off. You'll see in my photos below.
Your setup looks good. I have that same Spider Farmer tent. It sure looks the same.

The changing temperatures during light-on and light-off is one of the reasons controllers are nice to have.

At 74F the RH is down to 62%, so it's getting closer. Another 3 or 4 degrees F should lower it even further.

The spare room has become the grow room.
Same here.

Here's a picture of the bottom of my tent. I'm getting it ready for the next grow. I'm going to try this little $15 heater. It only has a power switch, so it has to be operated by the controller. I won't point it toward the plant. I turned it to see it better in the picture.

B

bloodeye

Your setup looks good. I have that same Spider Farmer tent. It sure looks the same.

The changing temperatures during light-on and light-off is one of the reasons controllers are nice to have.

At 74F the RH is down to 62%, so it's getting closer. Another 3 or 4 degrees F should lower it even further.

Same here.

Here's a picture of the bottom of my tent. I'm getting it ready for the next grow. I'm going to try this little $15 heater. It only has a power switch, so it has to be operated by the controller. I won't point it toward the plant. I turned it to see it better in the picture.

View attachment 2094198
🤣 I think we have an almost identical set up, even down to the trays and elevators.
I've done away with the trays. Difficult to get the run off out from and I think leaving water behind adds to the humidity. I've kept the elevators though. No need for a heater as the lung room isn't big so I rely on the rooms temperature and the light inside the tent, when it's on. So I guess I range between 23-27/28c.

It's a pain at the minute. The humidity outside is around 90% so I dare open the windows!

Bilber

Bilber

Just a thought.....

The amount/ times you water/feed your plants and the dry back time also plays a vital roll in humidity......

My atmosphere sucks in my grow area, but I make adjustments as I can.....

I have the opposite problem.......

I have Folgers coffee containers with water in them to raise my veg area......

Flowering area....it's always low.....but the feeding adjusts itself.....kinda minimal, but it works for me.....

Top Bottom