Do I still need to flush?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I've just recently started using drip Clean. Since it's purpose is to stop salt buildup. I'm just wondering if I still need to flush the medium or if drip clean takes care of that.
I would still have flush before harvest though.

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

sounds like a good science experiment! flush everything but 1. keep it separate and compare, then come back and let us know!

id flush.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey Jug, be careful with that stuff. It is a chelating agent, which helps solublize materials that have fallen out of solution. As such, it will raise your EC rapidly at first, but since it is not a balanced nutrient solution the best thing to do is flush it. The best way to use magic clean is in small amounts continuously.

On the subject of flushing in general; I run a hybrid RDWC system that also includes chowmix in net pots and top drip irrigation. I flush and refill with fresh nutes at the beginning of bloom, at 3 weeks, 5 weeks and finish flush at 7 weeks.I do not rinse my substrate between runs, and I do not sterilize anything. So the only flush my plants ever see is a quick between nutes flush and the usual end of life cycle flush.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Don't think the drip clean is going to do any flushing for ya. All depe nds on what you have fed and will the nutes be balanced in proper ratios to be utilized by the plant. Kill the addition of phosphorous and you flush should be easy and care free. I use a coco dtw in #3nursery bags. I feed until the last week leaving out any additional phosphorous. Being as I use a proper balanced nutrient the plant use all they got and need less than aweek to burn to the cleanest white ash. Cheap as hell too. Overfeeding seems to be the rwal cause for the need to flush. Just my 2cents

Top Bottom