Do my Afghans look pale? 600W MH

• Thread starter MImedMJpatient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MImedMJpatient

I am using a four by four tent for these and the medium is a soil mixture I make from Happy Frog and worm poop, then cut with perlite. Have used some Superthrive to keep some alive. A few weeks ago some of these looked really done. My seeds arrived damaged and made many of them do some really funky things, not the least of which was to not sprout. Grrr!

I have been introducing small amounts of General Hydroponics' Floralicious Organic Enhancer. It is low in NPK anyway but has carbs and other products of some crafty fermentation they do there. Smells really thick; I think there's kelp and molasses in there too if my nose serves me.

Anyway, the ones that remain look strong but pale, in my opinion. Perhaps an experienced grower of pure Afghan can tell me if these look right. Anyone?

Afghan 1
Afghan 2
Afghan 3
Afghan 4
Afghan 5
Afghans 2
S

Skyhi420x

Well kudos on getting damaged seeds to pop n grow!, they look under-fed, the lower leaves in your picture look a bit darker green, but they look healthy otherwise! I would slowly increase the ppm(food) with a well balanced n-p-k and see if they get color back, How are they growing? fast slow? if they are growing fast then i think this will help. if your growth is slow u might want to nurse them along, they look good though other than yellowing, p-k issue it seems, one more suggestion, if u can afford it get away from G.H. go with canna, botanicare or expensive but worth it advanced nutrients ph perfect. any way hope thinkgs go well with your grow.....Peace n Pot!

M

MImedMJpatient

voila

Last night I introduced a mixture of half strength Floralicious and half strength Mexican bat guano and by this morning they looked noticeably darker. Thanks! I hope to top in the next couple of days.

I have a four by four tent for these, as I said, and I was going to go into flower at six weeks (Sensi says this pheno will flower in 6-7 weeks). Given that, and given that I have about a four foot max clearance (from where the plant comes out of the soil and where the light sits at its highest), and that I want to keep the two or three females I get in this one tent, should I top once, twice?

Thanks in advance!

S

Skyhi420x

Always give ur plants double hieght fir stretching especialy when growing a strain first time, and id top soon at fith internode and look up "FIM". Works great. Also I wouldnt expect any strain u get from seedbanks to always flower in the time frame they give, afgan, indica...prob best 8-9 wks, always go by trichomes, for best quality. Hope it helps....peace n pot

C

ChickenHawk

this is just my $.02 but, when your looking pale like that it generally means you have a high soil ph. sprinkle a little dolomite lime and turn it into the top of the soil as well as a little flush of ph lowered water and you'll see some recovery.

M

MImedMJpatient

Thanks, all. My pH WAS really high after all and I am now using Earth Juice Natural Down (citric acid). So the guano perked it all up nicely but then I found out I needed a pH adjustment so I am now on it! I wonder, will the addition of guano to the regiment bring the pH down a bit? Guano isn't pH neutral, is it?

I have attached today's pics of the Afghans as well as a Purple Diesel I came into. This slow but stout growing clone has shown some incredibly vibrant looking fan leaves. I love the lushness so I just had to share.

This is only my second grow so to see such affirming results is nice!

Afghans   2
Afghans   3
Purple diesel   a
Purple diesel   b
Purple diesel fan
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

When your plants are deep dark green they are over ferted, back off a bit on the bat shit.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
this is just my $.02 but, when your looking pale like that it generally means you have a high soil ph. sprinkle a little dolomite lime and turn it into the top of the soil as well as a little flush of ph lowered water and you'll see some recovery.
If the soil pH is high, how would adding in a substance that would drive it HIGHER be the solution?
facepalm.gif

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

I have run almost the same set up last year.

I ran a soil mix of FFOF, FFHF, EWC, perlite, and dolomite lime. IMO FF soils are crap now and need to be amended to get the best results. I did one run without the dolomite lime and noticed a lot of deficiencies. I gave up on FF and use Sunshine Organic Growers Mix. Much better quality.

That is one massive fan leaf.

Good luck in your grow.

lazarus718

lazarus718

If the soil pH is high, how would adding in a substance that would drive it HIGHER be the solution?
facepalm.gif

Caught that one too, my head still hurts from the slap...lime raises pH in soil guys, but a good thing to add for some needed calcium.

M

MImedMJpatient

Well, I have been monitoring my pH much more closely and find it really high, especially the guano teas so I have been adding Earth Juice's pH Down (citric acid). The leaves darkened the very next day after adding a first nutrient solution of Mexican guano. The Afghans were the only of what I am growing that sat in metal halide for six weeks; the others were all clones and started under HPS and I don't know if it is because of that or because the Afghans were started from seed but they are much taller than the others.

I am thinking of adding a little Bushmaster. Anyway, I am now in day four of flower and here are some pics. Perhaps someone can eye-dentify the back plants in the first pic. Either the one on the left is a stout White Widow or it is a Sour Diesel and if it IS a Sour Diesel, then the one on the right ought to be a Purple Diesel. It's a long story but I thought I'd try.

The next shot is of two White Widow clones (the Afghan in the back turned out to be male) and the last is of the Afghans.

IMG 2507
IMG 2509
IMG 2510
M

MImedMJpatient

you'll notice the downward curl of many leaves.. i have since taken much stricter control of the pH and the new growth seems healthier..

they're startin to get some odor to them... it's purty strong

IMG 2516
IMG 2517
IMG 2522
IMG 2526
IMG 2527
T

TheIronLung317

The leaved curling down is associated with two much N. Their color is looking much better now, good job.

Top Bottom