Do my buds look normal?

• Thread starter Eclipted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Eclipted

On day 34 of flower, (34 after switching from 12/12) and I just feel like my buds look smaller than everyone else’s? Also theyve started to develop some orange pistils. Should I be concerned? I had one plant herm but I think it was due to light stress and it was only a few sacs I found and I was very thorough. I don’t think it pollinated.

Do my buds look normal
Do my buds look normal 2
Do my buds look normal 3
Do my buds look normal 4
Do my buds look normal 5
Do my buds look normal 6
Do my buds look normal 7
Do my buds look normal 8
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

On day 34 of flower, (34 after switching from 12/12) and I just feel like my buds look smaller than everyone else’s? Also theyve started to develop some orange pistils. Should I be concerned? I had one plant herm but I think it was due to light stress and it was only a few sacs I found and I was very thorough. I don’t think it pollinated.
Also
what cultivar is that?
environment conditions day/night (temp/rh) ?
What media you are using, what feeding frequency and strength ?

TLOnewbie

TLOnewbie

They look fairly good
My girls don't really hit their growth spurt until the last 3 plus weeks
My buds don't get as big as others do
So I might be wrong

E

Eclipted

What light are you using and how far from the canopy?
I’m using a cheap setup all around what I got right now is a kingled1000w but I don’t think it’s putting off 1000w I have it supplemented by a Walmart grow light which is super weak as well but everything helps right. Light is sitting about a foot above from the tallest nug, the majority is about 14 inches away and I have a tiny plant in the middle that’s about 18 inches away from the top. Majority of its buds are a good 20 inches away from the light

E

Eclipted

Also
what cultivar is that?
environment conditions day/night (temp/rh) ?
What media you are using, what feeding frequency and strength ?
I’m a newbie so bear with me lol. I’m using fox farm ocean forest, it was originally hot when I put my plants in there so I haven’t supplemented with much because my plants seem to be happy. I was watering about every three days maybe 2 these plants are drinking like crazy. I’ve been using distilled water that I balance to a 6 ph, supplementing cal mag, dr Humboldt flower stacker and Humboldt sweet and sticky. I’ve watered them the last 5 times roughly using all of those and I think I had a mineral lock? I gave them a pure water flush yesterday. Going to give them plain water next time and then nutes the next watering. I didn’t know I should be alternating. Daytime temps sometimes hit as high as 78 nighttime temps sitting around 72. I live in Texas it’s hot as hell currently so I’m doing my best. Humidity stays below 50 anywhere from 45-48. I don’t have a ppm reader to test run off and I’m kinda maxed as far as budget goes.

E

Eclipted

What was the veg time on those? They look a lil scrawny.
They vegged for like 4 months. When I started growing them I had no idea what I was doing, the small middle one was started out in my window sill lol I threw her into the tent from the window directly into 12/12 just to see if she could flower at that size and she did. The other 2 were grown using sunlight from my window and a small blurple light from Walmart. They were in some pots I had from old house plants and in some Walmart soil getting a little miracle grow here and there. I’m not proud lol but once I learned I could flower them I started to take care of them. They had probably 2 months in the fox farm soil in a tent with the proper stuff. I topped during that time for the first time which is why they’re not huge. The middle especially.

E

Eclipted

I’m a newbie so bear with me lol. I’m using fox farm ocean forest, it was originally hot when I put my plants in there so I haven’t supplemented with much because my plants seem to be happy. I was watering about every three days maybe 2 these plants are drinking like crazy. I’ve been using distilled water that I balance to a 6 ph, supplementing cal mag, dr Humboldt flower stacker and Humboldt sweet and sticky. I’ve watered them the last 5 times roughly using all of those and I think I had a mineral lock? I gave them a pure water flush yesterday. Going to give them plain water next time and then nutes the next watering. I didn’t know I should be alternating. Daytime temps sometimes hit as high as 78 nighttime temps sitting around 72. I live in Texas it’s hot as hell currently so I’m doing my best. Humidity stays below 50 anywhere from 45-48. I don’t have a ppm reader to test run off and I’m kinda maxed as far as budget goes.
Also they’re in 3 gallon pots but the soil isn’t to the top so maybe 2.5 gallons of soil, tent is a 3/2/5

E

Eclipted

They vegged for like 4 months. When I started growing them I had no idea what I was doing, the small middle one was started out in my window sill lol I threw her into the tent from the window directly into 12/12 just to see if she could flower at that size and she did. The other 2 were grown using sunlight from my window and a small blurple light from Walmart. They were in some pots I had from old house plants and in some Walmart soil getting a little miracle grow here and there. I’m not proud lol but once I learned I could flower them I started to take care of them. They had probably 2 months in the fox farm soil in a tent with the proper stuff. I topped during that time for the first time which is why they’re not huge. The middle especially.
I should note the middle had no training at all, it got a few nodes on it and I threw it into flower no topping no lst no scrog

I

imhigh

fox farm is to hot for seeds but not seedlings. I use Happy Frog so eliminates problem . 4 months is a complete plant cycle. Get a good led light to tighten up buds, and invest the 100 bucks for a Blue Lab on meter. Your temps and humidity Are fine. That light can be 6 to 8 inches away. What strain are you growing? When you get the right formula You will be proud. Defoliate defoliate defoliate.

E

Eclipted

fox farm is to hot for seeds but not seedlings. I use Happy Frog so eliminates problem . 4 months is a complete plant cycle. Get a good led light to tighten up buds, and invest the 100 bucks for a Blue Lab on meter. Your temps and humidity Are fine. That light can be 6 to 8 inches away. What strain are you growing? When you get the right formula You will be proud. Defoliate defoliate defoliate.
I wish I knew the strain I think one of them is nightmare runtz the rest I have no clue. I got them from seeds. Thank you for the advice I appreciate it 💯💯

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

keep tryin bro you'll get there. 100% invest in a decent light. Light is the master of all the other variables. You absolutely have to get that right first. Is that a 4x2 tent you got goin on there ?
if so a spider farmer G4500 for example would rock its socks off.
Manage your EC and PH well. There are many ways to achieve a decent result but if you asked me I would insist on high frequency feeding in coco. none off this water one day feed the other bullshit.
Plants Love consistency. Thats essentially why deep water culture works so well .You provide that consistency by managing a stable EC in the root zone.
If your plant has to constantly adjust to its environment it does so at the cost of growth. There is a time and place for stress but its not all day everyday.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Did you see his plant? There's nothing to defoliate.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

That light is pretty weak. Is this a 2x4 tent? I have 2 @ViparSpectra 150 pro lights in mine. They are able to produce some good sized buds with out putting out alot of heat.
My current grow diary, featuring these lights, is in my signature, if you want to check tbem out.

I

imhigh

Did you see his plant? There's nothing to defoliate.
It is growing like the cheap Mexican. A little reading and upping the light quality is all he needs to start. Good ph meter is a must.You all will get him on the right path. I used hps until I decided to spend the money. Times are tough, and it is a big investment.

I

imhigh

I’m using a cheap setup all around what I got right now is a kingled1000w but I don’t think it’s putting off 1000w I have it supplemented by a Walmart grow light which is super weak as well but everything helps right. Light is sitting about a foot above from the tallest nug, the majority is about 14 inches away and I have a tiny plant in the middle that’s about 18 inches away from the top. Majority of its buds are a good 20 inches away from the light
Take any criticism in a postitive way. You are growing and that is the main thing. Get good seeds. I go Ethos.

Top Bottom