Do Ozone Generators Work

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

do ozone generators work? if so.. better than can fan filter combos??? also do the ozone generators run 24.7 or is it on a timer? i heard shit like its on for 2 hours and then off and that you gott air out the room. so how does it work??

N

noone88

You do not run them in your grow rooms. Ozone is some nasty stuff.

You use them around your grow rooms, so in the hallways and such.

Leaving them on for 24/7 is the most effective method, but cycling them on and off would work also if that space is used often.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Id give my opinion but you never say a thing after you post. So google it.

B

Burned Haze

Like the poster above stated , research yourself But no matter what ozone leak or what was in the Grow room : all the ozone would be gone by 20-30 minutes . Rule of thumb is always give 15-30 minutes before playing in room , other good thing about ozone is the smell factor is how strong it is& if you can smell heavy in your non exastusted area you'll know your leaking .( neg effects are it will burn ur throats and give you headaches )
Thing is all ozone systems will beat a carbon filter in every factor (pest/germs/fungis/smell)

The Hugest suggestion is buy a corona discharge over a uv bulb ozone since they don't require any maintenance and can handle the higher humity /grow-room factors

I used to buy 100lb+ carbon filters , now my 100,000cf corona discharges do a better job and way less space . Dont play on the stupid hype (carbon is awesome and ozone is evil )when your not ozoneing into the room, it's being aired outside and will never touch your room ( they ozone hospitals for safety 24/7)

Last edited by a moderator:
vangs

vangs

You do not run them in your grow rooms. Ozone is some nasty stuff.

You use them around your grow rooms, so in the hallways and such.

Leaving them on for 24/7 is the most effective method, but cycling them on and off would work also if that space is used often.
so if i got one and placed it in my unit but not in the actual grow room then its ok to run 24.7?

vangs

vangs

Like the poster above stated , research yourself But no matter what ozone leak or what was in the Grow room : all the ozone would be gone by 20-30 minutes . Rule of thumb is always give 15-30 minutes before playing in room , other good thing about ozone is the smell factor is how strong it is& if you can smell heavy in your non exastusted area you'll know your leaking .( neg effects are it will burn ur throats and give you headaches )
Thing is all ozone systems will beat a carbon filter in every factor (pest/germs/fungis/smell)

The Hugest suggestion is buy a corona discharge over a uv bulb ozone since they don't require any maintenance and can handle the higher humity /grow-room factors

I used to buy 100lb+ carbon filters , now my 100,000cf corona discharges do a better job and way less space . Dont play on the stupid hype (carbon is awesome and ozone is evil )when your not ozoneing into the room, it's being aired outside and will never touch your room ( they ozone hospitals for safety 24/7)
wait can you explain that again? so an ozone is deff stronger than carbon.. so should i buy one and put it in the actual flower room or do i put it outside the flower room?

vangs

vangs

so corona is diffrent from uv ozone?

vangs

vangs

the generator you have, does it look like a eletric breaker box?

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Uvonair makes an inline model you can hook up to ducting which would probably be the safest way to use them but not quite as effective. I bought one but never turned it on. They kind of scare me being in the house. Carbon filters and fans have never failed me.

B

Burned Haze

^ if you would stop worrying about it and stopped asking the questions on the boards the simple questions you would know this by now (gooogle it) : A Corona discharge would never have contact with your room (since it's in your ducting and never contacts your room, it's the exhaust )

The requirement is 15ft ducting before ozone system and 750cfm is max (1 inline ) and then 15ft out . Major tip is to overrate- buy your system (I buy 12 inch :3cell"2) & then use adapters counter down for the ducting since your only allowed to use 1 inline can and low cfm"s

With this system you won't have to buy a stupid carbon or recycle one again , and humity kills them ( ozone kills all and you can't smell shit )

Uvionair has the install and info PDF right their website about corona discharges , plus direct cpstwer service that I've love since I have used them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
vangs

vangs

^ if you would stop worrying about it and stopped asking the questions on the boards the simple questions you would know this by now (gooogle it) : A Corona discharge would never have contact with your room (since it's in your ducting and never contacts your room, it's the exhaust )

The requirement is 15ft ducting before ozone system and 750cfm is max (1 inline ) and then 15ft out . Major tip is to overrate- buy your system (I buy 12 inch :3cell"2) & then use adapters counter down for the ducting since your only allowed to use 1 inline can and low cfm"s

With this system you won't have to buy a stupid carbon or recycle one again , and humity kills them ( ozone kills all and you can't smell shit )

Uvionair has the install and info PDF right their website about corona discharges , plus direct cpstwer service that I've love since I have used them :)
uvionair look good but im trying to clean up like 15,000sq ft.... my facility is 75,000 square feet.. large warhouse with 4 floors, each floor 15,000 sq ft.. im on the 3rd floor... so im trying to keep the whole biulding clean.. i have 1 can fan 175 with 14in max fan in my 20k watt room. and then i have another 150 can fan in my 12k watt room and then i have 2 can fan 100s in my other 24k watt room and then i have another 2 can fan 150s running continouslly outside of the rooms in the main work area, etc... but theres still the lindering smell threw out the whole building. so is ozone geneator get rid of the smell? should i install one in every floor? the building is vacant exept for me on the 3rd floor but now the landlord is gunna start bringing in tenants and i need to control the odor..

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

You need to drop some coin for some one professional to cone in. If you've that much money into an illegal grow and you can't contract it. Your an idiot.

vangs

vangs

You need industrial/custom shit at that scale. I'd look into barn ventilation w a custom or industrial ozone generator. You need negative pressure on the whole building. I've seen custom ozone generators you buy the bulbs n ballasts as many as you like and just suspend in ducting. You can make custom perforated steel trays filled w charcoal any size you want stacked in multiples that the air gets pulled through as part of the ducting. Helped build an LP facility that used something like that. Went thru carbon trays then ozone then hepa filtered had to be like that to meet regulations charcoal n ozone weren't enough. You can buy shit premade but it's really pricey for hospitals n such.

i cant find commercial ozone generators. do you have a company name?

Top Bottom