Do plants automatically change color?

• Thread starter phillyguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phillyguy

I just purchased my seeds for spring. I bought a Mimosa Evo which has alot of coloring to it. Are there certain stresses that cause the coloring? Didn't know if they are just predisposed to color from genetics

Redneckx

Redneckx

In generell all cannabis plants will change color.
Not all strains will change bud colors but I guess most of em at least a bit, some significantly more during their end.
In autumn the night length increases and the chlorophyll production decreases and then stops.
Eventually all the chlorophyll will be destroyed. The carotenoids and anthocyanin that are present in the leaf are then unmasked and show their colors.

Redneckx

Redneckx

I just purchased my seeds for spring. I bought a Mimosa Evo which has alot of coloring to it. Are there certain stresses that cause the coloring? Didn't know if they are just predisposed to color from genetics
I love mimosa! absolut stunning strain, wish to grow some as well one time...
Good luck and have fun with those beautys, hope they will be colorful!
Keep us updated when they're ready to be shown 🤩

orggrwr

orggrwr

A large temperature swing between day and night really helps to bring out colors. Outside in fall when night temps fall into the 50's the colors really come out. This is an OG Kush I grew in greenhouse last year.
IMG 2023 10 09 16 26 47 974
IMG 2023 10 09 16 26 40 970

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Are there certain stresses that cause the coloring?
Yes, but there are good and bad stressors (sometimes referred to as eustress and distress). All living things experience stress and stress responses, which can help to maintain life. Cannabis and other plant species are known to release the anthocyanin pigmentation as a response to some stressors. Such responses can have a beneficial effect, which is known as hormesis.

Didn't know if they are just predisposed to color from genetics
This is also true.

Top Bottom