Do Plants Generally Have Diminished Resin Production Outdoors?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

I ask because for some reason my gals have seemed to like literally "shake off" thrichs. lol may sound funny but I'll let you be the judge.

I'm growing in ammended soil and I'm at like 6-7 weeks.. almost there. I've pollinated most of them as a bx. idk of that can cause a lack in resin production.

the heats been pretty bad lately but I've been watering daily.

here they are like 3-4 weeks.

Do plants generally have diminished resin production outdoors
Do plants generally have diminished resin production outdoors 2
Do plants generally have diminished resin production outdoors 3

and here's from today..

Do plants generally have diminished resin production outdoors 4
Do plants generally have diminished resin production outdoors 5
Do plants generally have diminished resin production outdoors 6
Do plants generally have diminished resin production outdoors 7

idk any thoughts? they looked great in the beginning.. and im bummed now.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

yep i agree with u t sun. one of the main reasons a plant makes resin is as a way to catch pollen, once it's done that it still needs resin to work as a sun block but most of it's energy will go towards making seeds.

The plant is focussing energy on the seeds, you will still see very good resin produciton though, your hash will be fine!

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

DJ short :QUOTE: I do tend to favor the experience provided by seeded vs. seedless herb, this includes the hash made from either. There are a number of reasons for thisā€”Iā€™ve had experience with both having raised a fair amount of seeds and sinsemilla, and the best herb Iā€™ve ever experienced was seeded (and hermaphroditic). We must differentiate between ā€˜herbā€™ and ā€˜hashā€™.

First, the hash: I am not certain about the Afghani or the Nepalese, but I recall that Moroccan and Lebanese hashes were both made from seeded herb. I imagine that most commercial hash is produced from outdoor-grown or wild plants that would have at least a few seeds. But the best domestic hash Iā€™ve yet to try definitely came from seeded herb.

Some of the best domestic hash Iā€™ve experienced came from Switzerland where the Spice of Life crew did an R & D project with a few of my strains. The photo on the cover of my book is actually ā€˜Blue Satelliteā€™ (not Blueberry as cited) and much of that hash came from that plant (seeded) and her siblings. Ice water extraction and the wastewater was amethyst purple colored with many (large) gland-heads found in the 160-micronbag, and there was a good amount from the 75- and 45-micronbags as well. The ā€˜ballā€™ was a marbled mix of blue/grey and gold/brown and was impossibly tacky at room temperature. The hash needed to be flattened between cellophane and placed in the freezer for a bit to be manageable. The experience was surreally pleasant under any conditions, very clear-headed and focused, yet with a well balanced, uninhibited detachā€”flavor of subtle sweet/savory/musky in a full-melt, clear-dome putty that left yellow oil found where the bubbles formed the day prior. Truly a master-crafted product!

From rubbings (finger and scissor) to ice water or dry sieve extraction, the concentrate from the seeded herb provided an experience superior to the hash from the seedless varieties. The difference is subtle and perhaps requires an acquired taste, but I do tend to appreciate the product from the seeded vs. seedless herb. Ways to describe it are; ā€˜broaderā€™, ā€˜more complexā€™, usually more ā€˜calmingā€™. Another aspect would be that seeded product causes a more ā€˜evenā€™ experience, while the seedless seems to have more ā€˜peaks and valleysā€™ to its spectrum of effect. (Incidentally, the issue of ā€˜spectrum of effectā€™ is an important means by which to judge herb and hashā€”more on that another time.) Therefore, the experience from the hash made from seedless herb tends to be a little ā€˜narrowerā€™, ā€˜less complexā€™, and usually a little more ā€˜upā€™ (depending on strain), and the experience from the seeded product tends to be ā€˜broaderā€™, more evenly spread, more ā€˜mellowā€™ and complex. Again, please realize that these differences are subtle, yet in my experience valid.

bankcee

bankcee

one of them seems to have bud rot. or is it just pollination and seed producing taking its course?

IMG 6427

bankcee

bankcee

That's rot, needs to be removed and the area disinfected ASAP. I use isopropyl mixed 1:1.

yeah I removed day I posted my brother had sent to me while I was at work. and as soon as I got home and seen it I knew it too and chopped her off. lucky it was a single node on one the first branches to kick out. so it didn't do much damage and I think the rest of the plant is alright. it's these damn hoppers and caters.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
To your original question. Do outdoor grown plants have diminished resin. My .2 cents is until mankind comes up with a way to exactly duplicate the suns spectrum indoors the answer would be NO. Natural sunlights spectrum has yet to be exactly replicated indoors. plasma lights are getting close but we aint there yet. :) Besides until Corporate America can figure out how to charge us for sunlight, it is still free.

Some of the best outdoor grown herb rivals or surpasses indoor grown erb in taste color and effect. IMHO

the whole theory of indoor being better to my mind is just the competition of indoor producers wanting everyone to believe that outdoor isnt any good and is contaminated somehow. Complete and utter BS. :D

Ive see many indoor grown weed get tested for a lot of pesticide contamination and rejected due to this fact. So the fallacy that indoor is better or safer in a crock

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

To your original question. Do outdoor grown plants have diminished resin. My .2 cents is until mankind comes up with a way to exactly duplicate the suns spectrum indoors the answer would be NO. Natural sunlights spectrum has yet to be exactly replicated indoors. plasma lights are getting close but we aint there yet. :) Besides until Corporate America can figure out how to charge us for sunlight, it is still free.

Some of the best outdoor grown herb rivals or surpasses indoor grown erb in taste color and effect. IMHO

the whole theory of indoor being better to my mind is just the competition of indoor producers wanting everyone to believe that outdoor isnt any good and is contaminated somehow. Complete and utter BS. :D

Ive see many indoor grown weed get tested for a lot of pesticide contamination and rejected due to this fact. So the fallacy that indoor is better or safer in a crock
Indoor needs to be tested for mercury coming from the bulb before making a concrete decision but any amount of mercury on my flowers is a deal breaker. Wish i knew how to test for that. The best indoor can be good but the best outdoor is unparalleled in potency and exceptional in medicinal efficacy. With outdoor you can accidentally grow something decent but indoor is depending more on the grower and much more difficult to grow the best medicine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom