Do Smartpots allow runoff?

• Thread starter OGONLY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

Thanks Motherload and Crombien.

Motherload the diagram is a big help bro. I can see how that works now. Seems pretty easy. Gonna pick up the stuff tomorrow at H.D.

Crombien, guessing you go straight from the pump to PVC, PVC rises virtically out the top of trash can to a 90 elbow then to garden hose?

Thanks for the tip on a bigger pump. Had a feeling...I have a clean Brute trash can to use already. Guess I'll go that route instead of the 18 gal. Rubbermaid tote since both you and Motherload both rock that set up. I will be adding airstones myself as I have 2 vacant air lines hanging already. The other 2 go to airstones in my 40 gal res. which waters my rockwool tray.

Thanks again for all the help!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
np man - I was drinking heavily yesterday - glad the diagram helped lol

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

Hi Everyone,
I water feed daily to 30% to 50% runoff, and find a water Clearex flush once a week almost a must.

Peace Y'all

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Thanks Motherload and Crombien.

Motherload the diagram is a big help bro. I can see how that works now. Seems pretty easy. Gonna pick up the stuff tomorrow at H.D.

Crombien, guessing you go straight from the pump to PVC, PVC rises virtically out the top of trash can to a 90 elbow then to garden hose?

Thanks for the tip on a bigger pump. Had a feeling...I have a clean Brute trash can to use already. Guess I'll go that route instead of the 18 gal. Rubbermaid tote since both you and Motherload both rock that set up. I will be adding airstones myself as I have 2 vacant air lines hanging already. The other 2 go to airstones in my 40 gal res. which waters my rockwool tray.

Thanks again for all the help!

I actually go straight to the hose from the pump. I have the male side of the hose connected to the pvc adapter connected to the pump. I never had an issue except if you go too far lol you pull the pump out of the can. I think that if you went through the effort to add the pvc to pump up and use a 90 degree piece w/ the hose attached there that would work well. The reason I connected the male side to the pump is because I have a faucet near the res with a male threaded tip, I use this to fill the res. I just turn the pump off and allow the water to fill the can. When not in use I have the airstone going 24/7, and the open end of the hose in the water to stir the contents. This is a res I use to irrigate outdoor plants. I can take pics if you want but it's pretty simple.

Cheers,
Crom

Top Bottom