Do store bought seeds contain THC?

• Thread starter Dubstep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dubstep

Hi all! This is gonna sound crazy- I have never gotten high in my life and I don't plan to (for now :P.) My mom is really sick and the drug companies are just killing her day by day with their artificial medicine; she has diabetes, high blood pressure, lost both kidneys, had a bypass, foggy vision, constant pain and can't sleep because of it. My plan is to grow some feminine plants at home to harvest hemp oil for her.

I watched Mr. Rick Simpson's "Run From the Cure" and he mentioned the THC in Marijuana cures cancer and diabetes; indica plants. I believe Mr. Simpson's story 100%, he's a hero. Studies from Harvard concluded THC does cure cancer.

My questions:

1. Do the seeds sold at seed banks or online contain THC?

2. Since THC is illegal, how can these companies sell the seeds.

3. There are so many types of plants on here, which one was the one Mr. Simpson used?

Thank you!

:happy

N

Ne Obliviscaris

Hey, dubstep, my sincere condolences for your mother's medical issues. Family health problems are never fun to deal with. I;m not familiar with Rick Simpson, but let me caution you against believing in any 'super cure' whether it be medical marijuana or something made by pfizer. This is not to say that there is no benefit to be had from medical marijuana use, I am a patient myself, but just that I think you need to realize that the vast majority of the benefits that have been documented are treatments of symptoms rather than their sources. In answer to your questions, seeds do not contain any sort of usable amount of THC. 1) Most seed companies operate in legal gray areas, as 2) drug laws are conflicting any purposefully ambigouos. 3) I would guess rick simpson or whomever described differences between sativa strains which have uplifting motivational highs as compared to indicas which are much more sedative and introspection, but every high affects everyone differently.

D

Dubstep

thc doesnt grow on the seeds

I mean has the seed been modified in a way that when the plant grows, will the plant itself contain THC? I don't want to buy seeds that eventually grow to have no THC in them.

D

Dubstep

Hey, dubstep, my sincere condolences for your mother's medical issues. Family health problems are never fun to deal with. I;m not familiar with Rick Simpson, but let me caution you against believing in any 'super cure' whether it be medical marijuana or something made by pfizer. This is not to say that there is no benefit to be had from medical marijuana use, I am a patient myself, but just that I think you need to realize that the vast majority of the benefits that have been documented are treatments of symptoms rather than their sources. In answer to your questions, seeds do not contain any sort of usable amount of THC. 1) Most seed companies operate in legal gray areas, as 2) drug laws are conflicting any purposefully ambigouos. 3) I would guess rick simpson or whomever described differences between sativa strains which have uplifting motivational highs as compared to indicas which are much more sedative and introspection, but every high affects everyone differently.

Hello! Thank you very much :) I wanted to know if the seeds were modified in a way to not allow the finished plant to have any THC. Since growing marjuana is illegal, why are these domestic companies selling seeds to Canadians and Americans? There are many seed banks in my city and they all offer these different types of seeds but do not specify why they sell them, what the laws are and if the seeds have been modified to not produce any THC once the plants sprout. :fighting0085:

S

stormannorm

definetly worth a shot tho!!!! do what ever it takes for your mum man.good luck

N

ncmaineac

answer to question

not sure why no one has answered your question but however seeds do not contain thc but when the seeds grow and you get a female to flower , yes it will contain thc . and like was said that will help with symptons...

not sure if you are in a legal state but if so it would be best to get your mother to go to dr and get legal...if not do the best you can...get some seeds...read read read faq;s and watch some videos....start small...maybe 3-4 plants..get a 400w hps light...soil, chemicals, and a closet to grow in and you be fine...

the most important thing is to read....

good luck...

ncm

ps buy female seeds...no need to mess with male plants...

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Everybody that posted above me is correct.. The actual seed contains no THC but the plant the seed will grow will contain lots of thc that could help ur mother.. Seeds from rite here on the Farm r great.. There r lots of good breeders here on the farm.. Good luck

BudPatch

BudPatch

No THC in the seeds, but they are capable of producing THC, which makes them illegal in most places. As far as I know, Rick Simpson was growing some kind of outdoor strain in large fields in Canada. Probably something indica based as the growing season there is not that long. Check out strains that are high in CBD too, that will also help greatly!

BP

D

Dubstep

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all of your answers! I might consider getting a medical marijuana license and legally grow it, though I don't know how long my mom can continue to suffer like this.

Pretty damn hypocritical of the government to allow smoking and drinking, but illegitimately make marijuana illegal. Legalizing marijuana will probably lose the "cancer research" crooks and big pharma billions of dollars. Tylenol and advil would go completely bankrupt.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Although you can buy the seeds on the internet it is not legal to have them imported into the US. It is legal in most european countries to buy and sell cannabis seeds as is growing for personal use. Importing cannabis seeds is illegal in the US. Having viable cannabis seeds is illegal in the US as well as is growing them but the risk that you will get busted is small. Seeds can have THC on them unless they are washed but they have no THC in them. Either way makes no difference legally. Even if it's only a very low percentage viable hemp seed it's still illegal to have in the good ol' US.

D

Dubstep

Hmm, very confusing subject indeed!! In Canada there are seed banks who sell to the general public. 5 seeds for 35 dollars at seed banks, and Persian (Afghan/Iranian) supermarkets sell a half pound bag for 5 bucks! :sign0065:

R

ruscom

Hmm I been in Canada all my life and never seen any place that sells seeds, I would have started expanding my love of plants alot sooner. Happpy with what I have been playing with so far. Trying to save my skunk plant from this grow season. Didn't know I still had her, found out almost too late, when she was pretty well done flowering, so I cut the top off and still trying to get her to veg up again. She smells so skunky, I love it, wife don't lol, but like I said, I didn't know they sold seeds to the general public here

budboy299

budboy299

Lots of places in Ontario selling seeds. The law in Canada says that no part of the plant containing THC may be sold. (seeds have virtually no THC) This is why hemp farming is legal here. Hemp contains so little THC as to be considered THC-free

BUT...everywhere I have checked out seed sales in Ontario, always has the disclaimer to the effect "This is for novelty use only or as a souvenir, not to be grown etc, etc." Basically a cover-their-ass blanket disclaimer.

Sacred Seeds toronto ontario
Dr greenthumb ottawa ontario
Toronto 420 seed bank toronto ontario
Canadian seed exchange toronto ontario

all these quickly come to mind and I am sure there are literally hundreds more across the country

budboy299

budboy299

Dubstep...the supermarkets selling the 1/2 lb bag of seeds, are just selling hemp seeds.
Hemp seeds (Hulled or not) are an amazing health food. Full of omega 3 and 6 oils, more protein than soya beans etc.

Most of the hemp produced here is for fibre (clothing, paper etc) but the seeds are sold as health food and also kept for replanting.

It is actually one of the few crops that requires almost no pesticides or fertilizers to grow commercially. The main part of the plant used is the stalks and seeds. At Hempola Valley hemp farm I was told that they till the leaves back into the soil. And since the leaves contain the vast majority of stored nutrients in the commercial hemp plant....this means the soil does not get leached out like other crops.

R

ruscom

thanks budboy299 for the info. I'll have to check a few out. Any yeah the plant has many uses, I made a cane out of the main trunk of one of my plants a few years ago... strong little plant I tell ya

Top Bottom