Do the girls look ready for their first transplant?

• Thread starter ZasinZebra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ZasinZebra

ZasinZebra

First time grower here, the ladies are doing well on day 13 since emerging from soil and I’m trying to determine if now is the right time to transplant. I’m planning on moving them to 1 gallon grow bags for a couple weeks before transplanting again to their final 7 gallon grow bags.

They’re working on leaf set #3 and #4, and roots have been increasingly protruding from the solo cup drains over the last couple of days. I plan on transplanting into the same organic soil they’re used to, and continuing to water with distilled water.

Do they look ready for transplant or would you give them some more time in the solo cups?

Thank you,
Zebra

Do the girls look ready for their first transplant
Do the girls look ready for their first transplant 2
Do the girls look ready for their first transplant 3
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would go up to the 1 gallons. I never leave seedlings in the first cup for more than a couple weeks.

Heres a tip from a breeder i worked with. Fill up the cup after a few days or a week with fresh soil. The stretching seedling will geow more roots out of the buried stem and it seems to stop the stretch many times. Almost right up to the cots is fine.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
hi welcome to the farm, I would give then another week . Regards Od .

ZasinZebra

ZasinZebra

I would go up to the 1 gallons. I never leave seedlings in the first cup for more than a couple weeks.

Heres a tip from a breeder i worked with. Fill up the cup after a few days or a week with fresh soil. The stretching seedling will geow more roots out of the buried stem and it seems to stop the stretch many times. Almost right up to the cots is fine.

Thanks for the suggestion, I added some more soil as I did only use 3/4 of the cup originally. Hopefully the roots develop even more now.

Top Bottom