Do these look alright? - Autos, day 50, "Pink Lemonade"

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

Every time I see yellow leaves I get worried. In my head the ideal, perfectly grown plant has no yellow leaves.

My brother says all plants will get them at some point and even pro growers get yellow leaves. He says it's when the soil runs out of nutes the bottom leaves turn yellow.

So... how are these doing? They're on DAY 50 since seed in soil. Auto-flower. A couple days ago we didn't notice the disconnected humidifier and the RH went to 40 with 85F. So I'm assuming that's causing some sag and darker colored leaves.

The stunted plant is the same strain as the rest, it just didn't sprout until weeks after the rest did. We thought it was dead.

We're on our 8th grow and trying to learn new stuff each grow. This one we're trying to focus on light(but we only have a PAR meter and don't know the conversions)/PH/dichlorination.

Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade
Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade 2
Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade 3
Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade 4
Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade 5

Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade 6
Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade 7
Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade 8
Do these look alright   autos day 50 pink lemonade 9
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Holy defoliation homie…more leaves equals more buds you should not hit autos with major pruning like that You should really switch to regular photo. So it’s either fems or regs so you can figure out exactly how plant anatomy works. I see what you were going for here but it’s just way overdone. You need to be more selective about the leaves that you take on autos, if any at all.

7munkee

7munkee

Holy defoliation homie…more leaves equals more buds you should not hit autos with major pruning like that You should really switch to regular photo. So it’s either fems or regs so you can figure out exactly how plant anatomy works. I see what you were going for here but it’s just way overdone. You need to be more selective about the leaves that you take on autos, if any at all.
I was just gonna say that Cat, ...where the leaves?

G

Growth

We... didn't prune. The only pruning we did was dead or nearly dead yellow leaves.

G

Growth

I had some seeds from Ethos that grew like that. Very few leaves. But the flowers were frosty AF.

Yeah, autos are weird. Our last one the leaves all died mid flower and it was tall and lanky but the bud is still really good. That same batch we had a plant the size of a basketball with really dense buds and was perfectly green and healthy the whole time.

Shit's weird.

I still never got my question answered though. Are yellow leaves at the bottom-mid section lack of nutes or the plant using the nutes stored in the leaves or both?

P

Phyto

For the most part all plants fade a bit towards the end of flower. What I see it a bit too much N (really dark green leaves), and perhaps the need for a little P&K. The problem is that there can be a myriad of reasons for yellowing leaves, some can be natural senescence, or it could be nute related, but is it too much, too little or a PH problem, or lockout?

As far as focusing on light, what light are you using and how high is it hanging above the plants, the reason I ask is the internodal spaces on those plants are very big, which points towards not enough light.

G

Growth

For the most part all plants fade a bit towards the end of flower. What I see it a bit too much N (really dark green leaves), and perhaps the need for a little P&K. The problem is that there can be a myriad of reasons for yellowing leaves, some can be natural senescence, or it could be nute related, but is it too much, too little or a PH problem, or lockout?

As far as focusing on light, what light are you using and how high is it hanging above the plants, the reason I ask is the internodal spaces on those plants are very big, which points towards not enough light.
We're using whatever light comes with the $1000 AC Infinity tent kit. Samsung LED or something. About 3 feet away, level 3/10 light intensity. We have a Lux meter that's reading about 8000 but that can't be right because from what I've read it said it wants 80,000.

It could be a PH problem. It was hovering around the 7.0-8.0 depending on where I put the meter in the soil. We lowered the PH of our water barrel to 6.5 to counteract that.

PianoStan

PianoStan

works really well if you can get them down, and do it early
I'm no master grower. I'm just on my first. Also, I'm doing a deep water culture hydro grow, not in soil. I'm using Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Micro-Grow-Bloom plant food. My personal situation has forced me to use tap water instead of distilled. And I'm growing a Northern Lights Auto.

Early on (weeks 2&3) I had some leaves go full yellow (but not quite as bad) like that from overwatering. On day 48, I woke up to find that the very tips of my leaves (maybe 1/8") had turned a bright yellow across like 70% of the leaves. But mostly around the bottom of the plant. Going into my books on marijuana, it came up with 3 likely reasons:
  1. Light or heat stress
  2. Nutrient deficiency
  3. pH imbalance.
Since the leaf tips that were turning were farthest from the light, light/heat stress didn't make a lot of sense to me. I tested the pH of my bucket water, and found it to be 6.38 (and my understanding is that marijuana plants do best in pH of 5.5-6.1), so a maybe. And then I started digging into the nutrient requirements, and the official recipe that Advanced Nutrients suggested had like 15 other additive solutions that I was supposed to be using, but I hadn't been. At all. Ever!

I quickly got those additive solutions, and with my next feeding I lowered the pH of my nute water to 5.5, and started adding the additive nutrients as well. From that point forward (for the past 2 weeks) those yellow tips have not advanced at all.

I'm not sure if my anecdote will help you or not, and I'm not sure how it can be translated over to a soil grow. But addressing the pH and (potential) nutrient deficiency worked like magic in my scenario.

420autoflier

420autoflier

Don't know which nutrients your using but you need to be following their schedule for proper balanced feedings for their stage of growth at about 1/2 strength or so every 3rd watering. Water, water feed for soil. Water slowly and make sure you get a little runoff once a week or so. As far as your light, down load the free photone app and read thru the info section. Can also use it to measure ppfd, par and dli at the canopy. Also lower and monitor ph to 6.3 - 6.4. check ph daily. Airate the barrel and keep temp around 68, 70. Your light is too high causing wider internodal spacing... What medium is that your using???

Top Bottom