Do These Look Ok?

• Thread starter Revolver0358
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Revolver0358

This is my first grow and I'm planning on bringing them outside in June. They are 15 days old. It's a autoflower called revolver. The little one doesn't look so good just curious if I'm on the right track. Also when should I bring them outside.

Do these look ok
X.rm

X.rm

What kind of light do you have them under ? They seem very behind, is the medium CoCo ? If so, what nutes are you using, organic, salts ? In all honesty they look really behind bro. In good health though they look nice the runt and the 2nd largest seem like they're about to yellow out a bit. N deficiency in the making, despite the lack of growth the 2nd largest looks to be happy hence the praying position (leaves extended upwards) so at least the environment is probably agreeable to the strain. Eventhough autoflowers tend to be smaller i think they're hungry bro. Whats your ppm's? IDK, i may be wrong. Unless your growing in soil and using a low wattage CFL + revolver's a smaller autoflower strain. Unless all of those are true then your girls are underfed and receiving poor light. Remember to expose them to partial sunlight at first not direct sunlight so they dont go into shock and place them in a larger container a much larger container, the larger the better. Best of luck to you.

R

Revolver0358

I have them under one 23w cfl each plant right now. I have them in soil right now and using just Schultz plant food 20-30-20. They have grown quite a bit since yesterday. I really don't know what ppm is so I don't know how to answer that. Thank you for ur feedback. I'll put a pic of the setup. I'm just starting out so its kind of a wierd setup to get started.

IMG 20160515 202740
IMG 20160515 202705
X.rm

X.rm

Ok, so you've just confirmed all of my worst fears. All of the above are the reasons why they're so far behind. 1st, stop feeding them Schultz IMMEDIATELY, you will create toxic salt buildup in no time. Especially since i doubt your watering till you achieve 20% runoff. Get them under a 2x2 or 2x4 four bulb t8, t12, or t5 fluorescent lamp fixture. They have a 6 bulb 4x2 lithonia fluorescent lamp in home depot for $80 bucks. Get the daylight deluxe bulbs by Philips. You will see a dramatic change in growth rate. If you can't get another line of nutes then feed once a week with those nutes. Water every other day. If you can get the General Organics go box. It's $50 dollars and it will be enough to hold you off till you place them outdoors. When you place them do so in raised beds of prepared soil and amend it. If your going to keep them in pots put them in 20gl pots minimum.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Big question, how many hours of light are they getting. If they are at 18/6 and you are in mid spring they can go out now. Mine are. My plants also were about that size at 15 days. I grow in soil and don't expect fast growth right off the start. Those 23 watt cfl's are what a lot of people are using to get their seeds started till they go outside. Those are from seed?
Anyway, if you are at 24/7 or 20/4 you might want to back down to 18/6 for a week before they go outside. Like X says, be sure and get the plants in sunlight for short durations so they don't get

R

Revolver0358

That's a 2ft 4 bulb t5 high output copper fluorescent grow light fixture. Would that work ok? Also I'm going to be putting into the ground. Tomorrow I can go look for general organics go box. I looked online for the light u were talking about wasn't able to find it. But I'll go down and check it out as well.

1275543d f471 48e9 be58 8b16627c8eb4 300
R

Revolver0358

I'm on 24 for light right now I'll start cutting it down to 18/6 starting tonight. I can't put them out right now just got a new place and moving in a week. Thanks

X.rm

X.rm

That lights great for the amount of plants you have right now, t5's are a bit more expensive but cheaper to operate. So your budget is the determining factor. But you have to harden the plants off first. Dont just place them straight away, give them small doses. Place them in a lightly shaded area 1st. If you put them in direct sunlight for more than a few hours increasing every day the hours. Remember, it's an autoflower. Its not triggered in any way by photoperiod duration. You could leave it in 24hrs direct light and its going to express sex flower and die regardless. Leave them under the lights for 24 hrs a day and start placing it outside every day in a slightly shaded area at 1st and gradually over a week till it can receive full sunlight. Don't worry about the change in photoperiod. Auto's are triggered by chronological exposure. (Time) Best of luck bro. Hmu anytime you need any advice or have a question. PEACE !!!

R

Revolver0358

Thank you very much x I'll def hit u up if I have questions. Thanks for ur help.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Man, I spent $20 on cfl lights at home depot. Don't go spending all that cash just for a few plants you plan to put outdoors in a few weeks. Where do you live? You could build a little cold frame for $80. The sun will make them grow nice, you have all summer. They look fine for 15 days to me, especially if you mean 15 days since you plantes the seeds. That $80 can be put toward your soil and get more return than a floro light. All you need to do now is keep them alive, you don't need to get major growth til June anyways. Just chill, smoke a bowl and relax. My 2 cents.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Oops, I didn't see they're autos. I never grew autos, so my comments above may be for photoperiod only since you may start flowering here. Sorry, my bad...carry on.

R

Revolver0358

Little update I left one in the pot the other in the ground. It's seems the one in the pot is not doing to bad. I'm scared to transplant it. Might just let it run it course in that pot.

IMG 20160529 083316
Winged Sun

Winged Sun

Dont be afraid to transplant. Want a beast? Put her in a raised bed. Cut that nutrient either out or WAY dilute. And start making worm casting teas. Fill sock with worm poop. Put in bucket of dechlor water. Add 10 dollar pump and airstone from walmart.....bubble....bubble....spray....feed...bubble

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I have one tip to speed up the growth of the plants.let the pots dry out a good bit between waterings.a good wet/dry cycle is important for a healthy root zone.

R

Revolver0358

I'm up north and right now it is so cold at night. What I've been doing is keeping it outside in the sunlight then bringing it inside at night. All the other ones I left outside are done the slugs got to it. They ate them. So putting in ground is not a option. But my plant is going good I didn't water for like 6 days and she looked weak. I watered her yesterday woke up and she's doing better then ever.u are right mr bee it does work. Let them dry out then water it's like a steroid to the plant

Top Bottom