Do these need special treatment?

• Thread starter Bullmark69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

So I’m hoping to harvest my grow sooner than later. They are taking forever and have me wondering what the problem is.
Anyway, I made the mistake of giving them a massive defoliation a few weeks ago and the ensuing stress then did a number on many of the remaining leaves. Don’t ask what I was thinking.
One of the three has a fair number of very small fan leaves left, one has almost none and the other is in the middle.
I’m worried that hanging these plants to dry will result in a rapid dry since there are hardly any leaves.
Does this warrant any special consideration?
I have a large walk in closet that stays around 58-60F and I can get the humidity to 60% or higher if needed.
Someone mentioned using the brown paper bag method on these buds to ensure a slow dry, but I’ve always thought the brown bag treatment would dry them faster.
Take a look at my bud kabobs and lemme know how you’d dry them….and thank everyone in advance for the input. I appreciate it.
B7E74F70 5B21 46FE 8081 98F40AF6CD9A
B77467B1 E109 4143 8FCE 5CE04D506FBC
4069C64E 65C1 4FE7 9E50 A900D38B5382

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Also, if it matters I was gonna wash these buds. The amount of lint and hair and tiny little hairlike particles stuck to these buds is awful. I was thinking washing may serve two purposes: one to get some of the dust/hair/whatever off, so I’m not smoking my beloved golden retriever….and two, to hydrate throughout and allow for a slower and more even dry.
thoughts??

2Bad

2Bad

Just do a normal hang dry. If you really want you can do some in a bag and test it. Also do 48 hours of darkness before harvest I believe it increases thc.

Edit: Hang dry dries even as long as your humidifier isn't nearby.

Last edited:
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Just do a normal hang dry. If you really want you can do some in a bag and test it. Also do 48 hours of darkness before harvest I believe it increases thc.

Edit: Hang dry dries even as long as your humidifier isn't nearby.
When u say nearby, how close is too close? I will have to run 2 different ones to get the area up to 60%……and it’s not a huge space…..maybe 5’x7’.

2Bad

2Bad

When u say nearby, how close is too close? I will have to run 2 different ones to get the area up to 60%……and it’s not a huge space…..maybe 5’x7’.
I would say keep them about 12 inches away from the humidifiers

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

i wouldnt wash them
Why? It won’t be hard to talk me out of it. The whole idea scares me in general. I have read a lot about it and watched a few vids. It’s an interesting topic. But I would like to hear an opposing view…

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

Agree, you are not going to get rid of hair or fibers washing.
I was a bit worried that washing may not get “it” off. The larger dog hairs aren’t really a big problem…..I can get them with my tweezers. But there is some sort of like fabric fiber that’s almost microscopic in them. I can only see with the jewelers loupe. I guess they’ll just have to stay and go up in smoke.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
washing buds is basically used for removing white powdery mildew, anything stuck to the resin is kinda stuck for good..
photo-this is sludge from using isopropyl to make hash oil from weed, probably the only way to remove dirt etc from resin..
81079D36 A2D7 4BD2 8147 CAD5F367424A

Madbud

Madbud

I was a bit worried that washing may not get “it” off. The larger dog hairs aren’t really a big problem…..I can get them with my tweezers. But there is some sort of like fabric fiber that’s almost microscopic in them. I can only see with the jewelers loupe. I guess they’ll just have to stay and go up in smoke.
Not to alarm you but some molds look like cotton threads.

Bullmark69

Bullmark69

I’ve never seen aspergillis on a living plant but it looks like cotton threads on underdried bud.
I’m all googled out….growing reefer is such a simple activity but boy does it have a ton of conflicting and anecdotal information and advice floating around. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad to shoot the breeze with fellow growers. I love hearing about and being able to see how others do it. But there is a lot of bad advice on the internet.
I started growing outside when I was in college and kept it up for long time. Safe to say that my luck far surpassed my skills but we sure did harvest some great plants. So at least I have the previous experience of seeing plants go from start to finish and know how a bud develops. Most importantly, when one is finished and is ripe. Trying to figure all that out with 1000 different methods being thrown at you would make it difficult. I see clueless new growers, probably young too, that are chopping plants that are nothing but a mass of white pistils because they saw a cloudy trichome on a sugar leaf. Amazing to witness. But I digress.
I’m pretty sure the fiber material isn’t mold and believe I may have figured out the source.
I have an old Iranian rug that is on the floor directly in front of my grow closet door. There’s a gap between the door and the floor that serves as my only passive intake for air. That damned rug is responsible for the teeny tiny little hair-dust coming off and blowing under the door and, you guessed it, right into my buds.
Step 1 is remove the rug….as for the buds, I don’t see any way to get them out. It’s not like every bud is covered but there’s enough there to make me consider dipping my colas in a peroxide bath. But I have to agree, it’s doubtful that the bath would do the job.
It figures…I’m all set with peroxide, lemon juice and baking soda. There are a lot of folks that swear by the merits of bud washing…..and I get it with outdoor grows that may have been treated w/ some sort of chemical. But washing just to wash sounds like more time spent than is practical.

2Bad

2Bad

I’m all googled out….growing reefer is such a simple activity but boy does it have a ton of conflicting and anecdotal information and advice floating around. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad to shoot the breeze with fellow growers. I love hearing about and being able to see how others do it. But there is a lot of bad advice on the internet.
I started growing outside when I was in college and kept it up for long time. Safe to say that my luck far surpassed my skills but we sure did harvest some great plants. So at least I have the previous experience of seeing plants go from start to finish and know how a bud develops. Most importantly, when one is finished and is ripe. Trying to figure all that out with 1000 different methods being thrown at you would make it difficult. I see clueless new growers, probably young too, that are chopping plants that are nothing but a mass of white pistils because they saw a cloudy trichome on a sugar leaf. Amazing to witness. But I digress.
I’m pretty sure the fiber material isn’t mold and believe I may have figured out the source.
I have an old Iranian rug that is on the floor directly in front of my grow closet door. There’s a gap between the door and the floor that serves as my only passive intake for air. That damned rug is responsible for the teeny tiny little hair-dust coming off and blowing under the door and, you guessed it, right into my buds.
Step 1 is remove the rug….as for the buds, I don’t see any way to get them out. It’s not like every bud is covered but there’s enough there to make me consider dipping my colas in a peroxide bath. But I have to agree, it’s doubtful that the bath would do the job.
It figures…I’m all set with peroxide, lemon juice and baking soda. There are a lot of folks that swear by the merits of bud washing…..and I get it with outdoor grows that may have been treated w/ some sort of chemical. But washing just to wash sounds like more time spent than is practical.
I agree a lot of conflicting info man

Madbud

Madbud

Real nice looking plant, you’ll get most of the carpet fiber with a tight trim, then dry sift the trim.

Madbud

Madbud

For drying, 65°F and 60% humidity with a fan drawing air in a dark space. I would weigh a plant that size and jar when it stops dropping weight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom