Do These Plants Look Normal For Their Age?

• Thread starter Rastivv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rastivv

Hello guys, I’m a new grower and I have two plants (strains unknown, probably African bush weed) and I just want to know if they’re ok so far.
The one on the left is almost 3 months old and the one on the right is almost 2 months old. I water them every 2-3 days and give them dilited urine (disgusting I know but growth feeds are expensive where I’m from) every other watering.
Also, is it too early to know if they’re male or female yet?
Thanks guys.

Do these plants look normal for their age
Do these plants look normal for their age 2
Do these plants look normal for their age 3
Do these plants look normal for their age 4
Do these plants look normal for their age 5
Do these plants look normal for their age 6
Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I don't even know where to start ..... what type of soil is that . They are to young to tell . And they shouldn't be in the same pot .

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Those are very small for their age. The soil also looks very compacted and hard, and roots won't like that.
And as stated above...you should not put two plants in the same pot.

R

Rastivv

I don't even know where to start ..... what type of soil is that . They are to young to tell . And they shouldn't be in the same pot .
The soil is silt. I’m not planning on letting them stay there for long. I’m going to move them to seperate places each.

R

Rastivv

Those are very small for their age. The soil also looks very compacted and hard, and roots won't like that.
And as stated above...you should not put two plants in the same pot.
Unfortunately silt is the only type of soil that can be found where I’m from.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I've never grown in silt I would do some reading if I were you. I would defiantly get those separated and into desperate pots asap. You don't have anything at all but silt no dirt ,or manure ??

R

Rastivv

I've never grown in silt I would do some reading if I were you. I would defiantly get those separated and into desperate pots asap. You don't have anything at all but silt no dirt ,or manure ??
It’s not 100% silt, I don’t know the exact composition but it’s mostly silt. And yeah it’s mixed with compost. This is the only available growth medium over here.
They started growing accidently cause that’s where I used to throw my seeds away. But I’m definitely going to move them to separate pots, but I’m scared cause my past experience with moving plants ended up with then dying.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Ye that's why it's best to start them in small pots lol. Ye I understand your struggle looks like you need to make your own soil mix that won't compact so much because cannabis roots love aeration.

R

Rastivv

Ye that's why it's best to start them in small pots lol. Ye I understand your struggle looks like you need to make your own soil mix that won't compact so much because cannabis roots love aeration.
What would you recommend?
Oh and what about their small size, how can I fix that?

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Some mulch ,perlite,peatmoss there's many different options see what you can find in your area then do some research . Google or the search function here has more to offer in less time then me trying to spoon feed it to you lol. They will increase in size when they have the proper soil and environment to thrive in .

R

Rastivv

Some mulch ,perlite,peatmoss there's many different options see what you can find in your area then do some research . Google or the search function here has more to offer in less time then me trying to spoon feed it to you lol. They will increase in size when they have the proper soil and environment to thrive in .
Alright thanks bro

Ina

Ina

Even sea sand(big particles)or river sand(both washed well before using especially the sea sand ,it can have salt)can be mixed in that same soil,something to make that concrete more loose and soft with more air!Try to squeeze some of that soil it will stay ball shaped i'm sure:)The plants look green which means the soil is not poor on ferts but they are so small for 3 months veg just because of that concrete you are using:).You can add small wooden parts,something that you have in your country to aerate the soil much,much more they could grow much faster.....Look what is "drainage"in internet,all of your plants will need it in that soil.By the way 2 can be grown in the same pot if the pot is big enough,this is not the problem in this case but the other plant?Why you planted them with other,different plant? better turn that pot upside down and carefully,separate,it is easy when you do it carefull. And improve the soil,dont use it the same way.I like that clay pot,you can leave one of them in it:)It will look cool:)

R

Rastivv

Even sea sand(big particles)or river sand(both washed well before using especially the sea sand ,it can have salt)can be mixed in that same soil,something to make that concrete more loose and soft with more air!Try to squeeze some of that soil it will stay ball shaped i'm sure:)The plants look green which means the soil is not poor on ferts but they are so small for 3 months veg just because of that concrete you are using:).You can add small wooden parts,something that you have in your country to aerate the soil much,much more they could grow much faster.....Look what is "drainage"in internet,all of your plants will need it in that soil.By the way 2 can be grown in the same pot if the pot is big enough,this is not the problem in this case but the other plant?Why you planted them with other,different plant? better turn that pot upside down and carefully,separate,it is easy when you do it carefull. And improve the soil,dont use it the same way.I like that clay pot,you can leave one of them in it:)It will look cool:)
They’re in a pot with another plant cause they gree by accident lol. This is where I sit and clean my weed before smoking it. And this soil does clump inti a cohesive ball, you’re right. But yeah I can find sand with bigger particles over here or maybr even some perlite. What about the bottom leaves, their tips are starting to dry and curl up. I read that it’s normal for bottom leaves to do that since they’re being blocked from getting sunlight by the upper leaves. Is that true?

Ina

Ina

I dont think it is normal the leaves to fall except may be at the very end of flowering.Even if they are shaded this is not reason to fall and curl,do not just assume it's normal.To get yellow or something like that on this stage and size,there is always explanation and reason for that and if you find it and improove these things stop. You can change the soil of all of your plants,they will be happy!:) Except there is no air in it also can not dry well down and they stay wet ,the lower leaves will start to yellow and fall like on the other plants around.So your soil looks nutritious but when it is damp and you squeeze it must fall apart.Тry to make it that way -soft for the roots and it should not retain too much moisture for long.These are the exact words for it now-
compacted and hard
Also if you can find some horse manure or some manure with bigger particles,seeds,parts of grass and stems(it should be old you know,not fresh),they also make it more aerated you can add some to the mix(but not too much,better sand and perlite)....Things like these should make them feel better and grow faster.If you can find perlite add lots of it!:)Also check for small bugs under the leaves from time to time(spider mites and trips),i'm not sure if you have them but check,it is good to know while it is early.

mellowd

mellowd

dont plant ur weed with another plant when u get ur soil stuff squared away. a lot of plants compete with each other for nutrients and will also kill off plants close to them, so its just genrally a bad idea to grow it with other plants unless you know exactly what ur doing. But yea that soil is atrocious XD but looks like u got a bunch of good feedback to follow for your soil. Take them out and put them in good soil, even if u just buy some ready made stuff from the store. Most of those soils should be around 7ph which isnt ideal for weed but u can fix that with water or supplements. Although being ur first grow idk if i would worry about all that right now. just get some good soil, even if u have to go out to the woods or something, and get that thing out of there. Be careful not to destroy a ton of root but dont worry if u lose some, and plant it in its own pot. If you get good soil you wont rly need much nutrients, if its black soil and u see worms its probably a jackpot. If you get dirt from outside make sure to add rocks or something to it so that it can drain better. like 10% rocks or even more. also i see they r next to a wall. are they being shaded by it? those other plants may shadow it as well. farmers grow plants from north to south so that the plants dont over shadow each other seeing as the sun goes from east to west. more sun=more bud (as long as its not too hot). anyways i hope the best 4 u and remember weed plants are very resilient so just because there's an issue doesnt mean it cant recover if u can fix the problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom