Do these plants look ok? | First grow noob

• Thread starter Bukk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bukk

Bukk

Hello all!

I am 7.5 weeks in since germination. I am on the 5th day of 12/12 light cycle.

I know I have some pruning/lollipopping to do.

I guess im just wondering if the plants look ok or any other tips/things I should do right now.

Do these plants look ok  first grow noob
Do these plants look ok  first grow noob 2
Do these plants look ok  first grow noob 3
2Bad

2Bad

Just make sure you have constant airflow since you have so much foliage. And make sure the humidity is around 45-55%. Lollipop asap. or you'll have alot of sucker nugs. Looking good tho. They could grow up to double in size so just keep weaving in your trellis

Bukk

Bukk

Just make sure you have constant airflow since you have so much foliage. And make sure the humidity is around 45-55%. Lollipop asap. or you'll have alot of sucker nugs. Looking good tho. They could grow up to double in size so just keep weaving in your trellis
I see a lot of differing times of when to lollipop. I see a lot of people say wait until 2 weeks into flower and a lot of people say right before flower. Do you think 5 days into flower is an appropriate time?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
There's a million ways to skin a cat but i typically cut all the under foliage a day or two before flipping to flower and then I'll selectively defoliate sometime around day 17 - 21 of flower.

Last run i tried something new and defoliated a little bit every other day during the entire first 3 weeks and it worked fine as well.

So it really depends on your grow style.. By the looks of your pics, you should at least defoliate to thin them out and get some airflow as @2Bad already pointed out.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yup thin those girls out unless you want a lot of popcorn. The canopy is way too tall right now for light penetration to do anything meaningful at the bottoms, and they just cause problems.

Every first timer should watch Kushman do it once.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

You will be lucky if they don't grow into your lights. Next time a shorter veg period would help give you space for a stretch when you flip to flower.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Hello all!

I am 7.5 weeks in since germination. I am on the 5th day of 12/12 light cycle.

I know I have some pruning/lollipopping to do.

I guess im just wondering if the plants look ok or any other tips/things I should do right now.
How much more space do you have to raise your light? Now that you have started them flowering, they will double in height, and they will do that very quickly. I had to replace my grow tent with a taller one during flower stretch last month!

My guess is that you've let them get too tall - possibly FAR too tall. Once into flowering, you shouldn't really top, but you should start agressively training them sideways with a screen/net. If you can't raise your light, you need to keep them at about the current height.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

You will be lucky if they don't grow into your lights. Next time a shorter veg period would help give you space for a stretch when you flip to flower.
Absolutely.

You really need to get aggressive in there and build the canopy you want rather than what mother nature gave you. We aren't growing outside so you gotta bend those plants to your conditions.

Bukk

Bukk

How much more space do you have to raise your light? Now that you have started them flowering, they will double in height, and they will do that very quickly. I had to replace my grow tent with a taller one during flower stretch last month!

My guess is that you've let them get too tall - possibly FAR too tall. Once into flowering, you shouldn't really top, but you should start agressively training them sideways with a screen/net. If you can't raise your light, you need to keep them at about the current height.
I have about 2 ft to raise the light. Am I screwed?

Bukk

Bukk

Yup thin those girls out unless you want a lot of popcorn. The canopy is way too tall right now for light penetration to do anything meaningful at the bottoms, and they just cause problems.

Every first timer should watch Kushman do it once.
Just watched most of the video. Time to get trimming

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Could he chop off those 4 or5 tops by a few inches to flatten the canopy? or is that a bad idea.

Observationist

Observationist

I see a lot of differing times of when to lollipop. I see a lot of people say wait until 2 weeks into flower and a lot of people say right before flower. Do you think 5 days into flower is an appropriate time?
if you lollipop on 3rd or 4th week of flower, Plant just wasted a bunch of energy on producing those popcorn buds instead of going up top.

so thats why id say you usually do it before flower and around that first/second week, so it does not spend any energy on larf.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Looks great, I would prune lightly or make shure you have really good airflow.

Top Bottom