do they troll these forums?

• Thread starter inovermyhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

inovermyhead

wouldnt it be easy for le to troll these forums, figure out where people are and share that with other agencies? For that matter, couldn't they just have peope infiltrate (or set up their own) online suppliers and just feed the names and addresses to local le?

I'm just starting to feel a bit of paranoia for my personal project. Maybe I should just give up my fantasy and grow tomatoes!

This is just ridiculous, why can't society wake up and end this prohibition?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Don't ever kid yourself, LE does indeed follow along. I think it's probably rare that they blend in. I tend to only trust people who have shown different grows in the same space over a period of time.

If you follow the rules here you won't have a problem. It's when people start colluding behind the scenes to trade, send or receive that they're exposed to that type of problem. Keep on keeping on iomh :yes

C

cway

Bro yeah they troll... Just seen one senior member over at IC get popped and I bet its b/c he would post big grow pics and who knows what else but the point is this.. Yes LEO is on these forums.. As long as you dont attract attention like

" Hey guys here are my pics of my 20K grow and yeah fuck the cops and come get me.. Here are pics of my plants"

That is asking for trouble IMVHO. If you just post a couple and are a small med grower then I think your ok but just dont trust peeps on here man and trade seeds/clones unless you know them cause that can open a can of worms.. Not to mention its against TOU..

B

blue

very true, this is why when I show plants you only see the plant in question never my room.

K

kill-9

They could troll places. But the problem is they can't really hide themselves all that well. They like to use their government hookup lines and in most if not all cases, it shows the agency/department name in the hostname. Of course they can also browse from home, but let's remember, oinkers are pretty paranoid themselves. They will never use something that can be traced back to them. The same way they'd feel paranoid as fuck using their own cars in a bust.

That's where hired computer guys come in, or even trained computer cops making much much more than their peers. It's not financially viable for them to investigate on the internet. Especially when it's jurisdiction hell.

hubcap

hubcap

doods...
thank god for this kill9 cat and his tekkie knowledge.

u da man

poster of the MONTH!

-hubcap-

I

inovermyhead

Yeah it all makes sense, thanks for the input y'all. I am just a little noid b/c I feel like my setup is a little over kill for medicinal (anziety and low appetite) - but I just want to do it like once a year so I can relax the rest of the time and tend to mommies. I'd love to move to a mmj state but tied here to take care of the folks.

Trying to get involved in changing legislation here too.

B

boxmunch9

I honestly dont think cops have the time to troll every webpage and post on the vast internet. It would literally be one big goose chase. The cop would have to be from your town, then they would have to figure out who you are and where your from. FEDS dont waste their time with small time, non-organized crime growers. they want the money and front businesses and what not. NOW if the cops get tip from a snitch that you have a giant grow op and you post on the net, well they prolly could do somthing with that info

K

Kalcu

Well they are desk jockeys aren't they?

The thing is if they find information through illegal methods, that can blow a whole case. Obviously sending out your address for a trade is not the safest thing to do. For them to set up a seed web site or other illegal vending operation, it wouldn't last long until they started to go after people.

I'm actually very surprised they haven't ordered from every seedbank, gotten their addies and packages profiled and had a system in the mail to pull them out. It would cost a lot and they seem to like finding grows more than preventing them.

It really all comes down to what is worth the effort when it comes to the prosecution.

DaFarmer

DaFarmer

Don't ever kid yourself, LE does indeed follow along. I think it's probably rare that they blend in. I tend to only trust people who have shown different grows in the same space over a period of time.

If you follow the rules here you won't have a problem. It's when people start colluding behind the scenes to trade, send or receive that they're exposed to that type of problem. Keep on keeping on iomh :yes

Hi Hererish,I'm Fishfarmer from over at the Canna Cabana great explanation:afroweed:

L

Lupini

just watched document called- The end of america ...good one.
big governments have lot's of so called "good citizens" that stir shit and spy in other coutries...

S

StonedOwl

So, just to clarify (I don't know jack about computers) Can the cops come onto this site click on one of our user names, and easily enough find our Phone number, address, Zip code, Ect, Ect.?

Or, are we pretty safe, as long as we are not incredibly stupid and are able to keep our info to ourselves?

K

kill-9

So, just to clarify (I don't know jack about computers) Can the cops come onto this site click on one of our user names, and easily enough find our Phone number, address, Zip code, Ect, Ect.?

Of course not. Logic doesn't log IP addresses. And the forum software doesn't work like that.

B

Beeronymous

I'm actually very surprised they haven't ordered from every seedbank, gotten their addies and packages profiled and had a system in the mail to pull them out. It would cost a lot and they seem to like finding grows more than preventing them.

It really all comes down to what is worth the effort when it comes to the prosecution.

grows being found look better for funding and publicity anyway,who REALLY wants to hear about seed banks getting busted. think about it, seed bank or 50 plant raid hmm....... i think they'd look like idiots,standing there holding a bag of seeds,would'nt you?

M

mysophilia

Just rember common sense is your best friend !! Use it folks :)

DaFarmer

DaFarmer

Just rember common sense is your best friend !! Use it folks :)

Like the character in the movie Shaft would sat: You Damn Right!!!! Common sense and with a no tolereance to BS is definately needed when you are doing something that practically no one should know about.... My Motto is, Loose Lips Sink Ships!!!!

Top Bottom