Do trichomes always turn amber?

• Thread starter cptbingo2000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I have a cut of NL that stays cloudy and doesn’t get amber trichs until cure.

Someone here might be able to answer why.

Do you have any better pictures of the flowers? Hard to see with that light.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have had plants go 13 weeks in flower and still be all cloudy no amber. I cut. Weed was great. Dont have an answer though. Some have said hps can cause that but you have a blurple?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It definitely does help but it’s only one tool in the box.

i think the scope has helped me harvest more complex full effect more potent weed than i can just looking at the flower.

the problem is that many growers look at trichomes way before the flower is finished growing and dont realize new clears are developing all the time.

i remember the first time i waited. Same plant i harvested at 8 weeks i let go 9, 10, 11...

tons more layers of trichs. And they still had not all gone cloudy. At 12 weeks i harvested and right out of the dry closet the weed was a one hit wonder and lasted for hours.

cptbingo2000

cptbingo2000

thanks for all the replies. this is my first grow, so it's been information overload. I do agree that we can get too dependent on technology, and fine weed has been grown for a millennia before scopes. I was just wondering. I will try to post a flower pic in natural light tomorrow. I just have no idea when they are supposed to be ready. All the pistils seem to be brown and curled up, so I think she's getting close. I do tend to like a more couchy high, so i didn't want to cut to early either.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Give plants cold water that may help and will turn ur pistols.

linde

linde

I don't need a scope to see that the bud is ripe. look at the white trichomes and brown pistols. Chop that sucker before before it starts degrading. The buds still ripen as they dry remember. They go downhill fast after peak ripeness.

Top Bottom