Do true hermies always produce flowers ?

• Thread starter Masonsdad15
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Hey guys have a lil issue here and I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for maybe yall can help. So I purchased some feminized seeds from a reputable company, French macaroon to be exact. What I want to know is if I have a true hermie or a hermie caused by environmental factors. Real quick the environment didn't have any obvious issues just the normal type of run, as well as any nutrients or other type of issue. The plant produced just one of those lil flowers from the Calyx. The little yellow ones with pollen. I let it develop to be sure. This js the second time this strain has done this under normal conditions. Is this a true hermie? Do they always produce flowers or can they sometimes just not produce them. Also there were no signs of hermie in veg. It showed up in week 4 of flower. Thanks I'd appreciate any help.

Do true hermies always produce flowers
Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Your plant shows intersex traits. Whether it's a true hermie depends on your definition of true hermie. To me it's a plant that shows both flowers when it hits maturity. But who cares?

The issue is that you will have to watch this plant and any clone you grow from it. Is that OK with you? If you have only a few plants and can inspect them regularly, maybe it is.

I would not grow a plant again if it popped male flowers, even if it's just a few. I know I won't catch them all.

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, I was going to say. Herming is just something cannabis does.

I have found great success with feminized seeds, but I have my environment under control.

I've noticed and read that environmental stress can trigger herming, so maybe that's the issue?
Heat/light stress watering too much/little that kinda stuff.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
My underlying thought is always..."grow it outside first, under normal natural life cycle, and if it doesn't throw any sacks or nanners...you can't call them bad genes"
They are just still too sensitive for indoor...you could go thru phenos and find some that wont go haywire indoors and keep going.
Indoor vs. Nature can have a different effect on the plants. If that is unquestioned, then logic leads to the axiom you can change the outcomes.

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

OK. Thanks guys. I just needed that extra encouragement to toss out this strain lol. Had like 10 in veg and 20 clones backing it up. Going in the trash right now. And again thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom