Do Users Outwiegh Growers? Supply and Demand.

• Thread starter Simple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DoobyScoo

It's like a sommelier at a fine restaurant who doesn't know wine....

Hey!
I've eaten at many restaurants.
I see how they work.
It isn't that hard.

Fuck me! That wasn't in my Pro Forma.
:evilgrin0040:

sky high

sky high

But WITH ALL DUE RESPECT like I said, SH gear isnt all that great. Hes had many complaints on this website that overweigh the negative. And Ive grown his gear! i have the tests. hes not OGRascal... hes not Chemdog. So seriously please get off the high horse of your the shit because you live here. Honestly the only other places that vibe exists is Hawaii where indigenous cultures still live. and subsects of old tribes. You are not indigenous people! you are "the white man" just like me. So untill someone shows me that SH or any native for that matter is an indigenous person who was given land by his/her ancestors. I will continually say this native being better than transplant thing is BS.

Now yer talkin with a huge mouth full of dick. Can ya please take it out and make some sense for a change?

My gear isn't that great? What gear?

If you grew my gear (??)...what strains were they? Where did you get em?

Complaints? Post 'em up and let's have a look.

So ya been here 10 years and yer now 14...so what?

And hey...don't you have another MMJ state to pack to move to to fuck up?

1-800-UHAUL

sky high

sky high

Why don't folks understand the basics of supply and demand? its plain logic/common sense- it doesn't matter if its pot, tobacco, tie dyes, BLA BLA BLA- if you have an economy that offers a new profiteering model to capitalists- THEY WILL COME. If laws were not adequately in place- then YES, some dumbasses will take full advantage until they are reeled in. You can't blame one party or the other, its nothing new, its in every industry and will always be.

This doesn't mean anyone here is any less welcome IMO, and frankly here (on these forums, with other farmers) is NOT the place to bash those people that did fuck it up. Because they probably aren't the farmers on here. Again we on this forum are but a small scope of whats happening in this scene. IMO there are some people who have moved here and definitely helped/improved what CO was doing in the mmj area. Plenty of people outside of mmc's who do more than help patients since moving here etc.

And it doesn't matter who thinks who should be in this business, who was in it before and who is in it now- none of that matters. ITS A MARKET- those that shouldn't be here will eventually fade away- its already happening, folks need to quit crying. I mean shit, still less than a year into 1284, and everyone is still under review/getting knocked daily. And FYI, some non patient/pre mmj business owners in the business now are much better functioning business people than many of the dumbass stoners that think they can run a biz because they can sorta grow or have at somepoint or know someone who does.

It's a PROTECTED and FALSE market, bro. A MONOPOLY all the way around!

And yet..these folks bitch about HOW TOUGH "business" is? Too funny.

And yer right..those that shouldn't be here will eventaully fade away. That will open it back up for those folks who truly reside here/have ties here/can't really just pack the Vega and leave for greener pastures. LOL.

As I relayed to you in private, unbeknownest to the Centers here...my county isn't gonna extend ANY licenses for MMJ businesses and is gonna leave it all to the State to fug with. This means that 4 "centers" here are soon gonna be out of business and things will again return to the WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE. (level playin feild for ALL patients)

SORRY for the rants here @ the Farm, bro...but as I look at this $1600 invoice from my attorney FROM THE LAST MONTH that was generated because folks have....as you say....

"moved here and definitely helped/improved what CO was doing in the mmj area"

yeah...right. SUCH an improvement.

The fuckers can >all< eat me.

R

RMCG

Jumping in a little late here...

It IS a market, just not a free market, those that are in it are in, those that didn't get in it are locked out, so its a government monopoly at this point.

Simple - I think you are confusing Sky High with Swerve? If so, you are not even close to the broad side of the barn....

K

kuz

Anybody remember Krispy Kreme? People waiting all night to buy donuts, why. Same reason I used to take cases of beer with me on trips to New Orleans, everybody down there thought Coors was the greatest beer ever, cant explain it other than they couldnt buy it there. I thought Dixie was just as good. In some ways MMJ was the same mob mentality.

Simply put, we need to tell the politicians to back off. Patients and caregivers should rally around that, imo.

R

RMCG

Look at hb1043. All caregivers will have to register their grow locations and pass all inspections. This is gong into effect July 1.

This is for caregivers with more than 5 registered patients, correct?

The bill creates 2 new classes of medical marijuana licenses:

A primary caregiver cultivation license, which gives a primary caregiver who has received a waiver to serve more than 5 patients or who grows more than 30 plants at a time the authority to grow medical marijuana only for his or her patients or for the patients of another primary caregiver, if the licensee has been delegated authority over the patients.

cardrack111

cardrack111

"A primary caregiver who cultivates medical marijuana for his or
her patients must register the cultivation site and all patient identification
numbers with the medical marijuana state licensing authority and comply
with all zoning and building codes."

not looking so..

R

RMCG

"A primary caregiver who cultivates medical marijuana for his or
her patients must register the cultivation site and all patient identification
numbers with the medical marijuana state licensing authority and comply
with all zoning and building codes."

not looking so..

http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...BDA42DD8725781600583CE4?open&file=1043_01.pdf

I see the above quoted info, but further down in the bill is this:

The bill creates 2 new classes of medical marijuana licenses:
! A primary caregiver cultivation license, which gives a
primary caregiver who has received a waiver to serve more
than 5 patients or who grows more than 30 plants at a time
the authority to grow medical marijuana only for his or her
patients or for the patients of another primary caregiver, if
the licensee has been delegated authority over the patients.
! An infused-products manufacturing facility license,
which allows a facility to be licensed for exclusive use by
multiple infused-products manufacturers.
The bill clarifies that if a patient has applied for, but has not yet
received, a registry identification card, the patient may present the
application and a photo identification at the time of purchase in lieu of the
registration card.
The bill states that the labeling of medical marijuana-infused
-2- HB11-1043
products is a matter of statewide concern.
The bill creates a process by which a physician who has a
restricted license to practice medicine may apply for clarification of
whether the restriction prohibits the physician from making a medical
marijuana recommendation.
A primary caregiver may delegate his or her authority to another
primary caregiver with whom the primary caregiver has an existing
business relationship if he or she maintains a professional relationship
with a patient.

S

Simple

Sky High-

Listen man, my fight is not with you. We should not be arguing with eachother. Please stop cussing and bitching and talking shit about transplants. I could talk shit about natives... but what good what that do? No good. Just shit talking. And like I said before I like to do the talking with my work. The energy that you seem to provide is just negative and im simply trying to be positive. And move forward.

If I was misinformed about who you are (Doubt it) and where some genetics came from, then shit my bad. Just some misinformation told to me. I dont want to get into it with you man. I do appologize and I will remove that part from the thread bc I am not 100 percent sure who you are so I dont want to start shit. But if your here. talking about caregiver crap and how transplants are messing your game up, your obviously a grower. And I started this thread to be positive and pool ideas and talk about concerns and points of the market. Not talk shit.

My point is that your attitude is just unneeded. Period. I think others have pointed out that one of cannabis farmers problems is SOME farmers lack the ability to work together. Thus farmers that fight with eachother over who has stake in what is rediculous. Its the product that matters.

If I grow the best quality buds and a shit ton of it then I will have a share in the market. If you grow your buds, then same to you. Thats it. You can bitch and moan all day about how people like me have ruined things for you. well with all due respect hahahahahahaha dude you got the boulderitis so bad. And i wish you well and good luck. But I will continue what I do. I will find a way to move forward. Wether its in colorado or somewhere else. I dont care cause I dont have a boner for Colorado. And I know a change like this takes time. Therefore Im pooling my ideas on a forum and community that I know is "in it" if you will that I know is a very elite group of minds. So im being positive and honest and trying to move forward! if you wanna keep bitching and blaming people, then start a "transplants can screw off" thread. I dont give a shit. Feel free to waste all the energy and money you want on your negativity and "ways around" the new regulations and laws. Just so you can stay in this state. This is my last response to you dude, I will no longer respond to your negativity.

Sorry to all who had to read Sky Highs and I rant.

RMCG-
I know hes not swerve haha. I may have been misinformed about who and where genetics came from. Contacting resource now. Just my point is that we need to be positive. I got sucked into the shit talking. Movin on...

Alright, I just wanted to list the points that we have made here so we can get the ball rolling.

1. A union of some sorts, running a dispensary. Would not work because we all have our own shit and would be arguing all the time. Are co ops still legal in colorado? anyone know the jist on that? Anyone know of any good co ops that could chime in on how it works for them in cali?

2. The Supply and Demand has definitely been affected by people like me who have come in, grown elite genetics with second and third generation techniques and formulas. Which thus has resulted in a more competitive market. Driving the price down of buds that have been here before.

3. The growers who grow the most, will have a bigger share in the market. than someone who just grows a few lbs of quality kush. Seems like what the dispensaries are doing/have been doing to caregivers and growers.

4. In a free(black) market. Its all about who you know, what you have, and how clean it is. In a highly regulated and licensed market, the ones who can grow the most and obtain the licenses have the control.

Anybody chime in if you think something is off or have other ideas or want to expand.

Im gonna go take my baby momma to lunch. Happy Sunday to the growers. I think we all need to smoke some chill out indicas and sit in the sun, to tell ya the truth hahaha. Be back with some stories and ideas. Peace and love.

D

DoobyScoo

Sky High has every right to be 'onrey!

But I will continue what I do. I will find a way to move forward. Wether its in colorado or somewhere else. I dont care cause I dont have a boner for Colorado.

1-800-UHAUL.

Mirror meet Face.

You just don't get it, do you?

And what really fucked up SH's neck of the woods, were the DEVELOPERS. Beautiful place, fucked up by second/summer homes.
:evilgrin0040:

"Save an Elk,
Shoot a Developer"

true grit

true grit

LMFAO....Running a business and growing a quality product are different things all together. Sure its great that these Dbags are finding a way to sell shit weed to people that dont know the difference and make a profit....um no THAT SUCKS.

Your model is the same reason you can get bud beer at every gas station in town and have to drive all over to get something good. That what you want for MMJ??? Cause thats where your so called "nonpatient/premmj business owners" are taking it. :anim_09:

Are you proving my point here or contradicting? LOL.

There are many prominent business owners that have been successful in many arenas and are continuing that success in this arena and much to the applause of consumers. Its called being good at what you do, knowing what you are not good at, and paying the appropriate people to do that for you- happening daily....but again like I said, those will shine and many will fade.

Just a matter of time.

It's a PROTECTED and FALSE market, bro. A MONOPOLY all the way around!

And yet..these folks bitch about HOW TOUGH "business" is? Too funny.

And yer right..those that shouldn't be here will eventaully fade away. That will open it back up for those folks who truly reside here/have ties here/can't really just pack the Vega and leave for greener pastures. LOL.

As I relayed to you in private, unbeknownest to the Centers here...my county isn't gonna extend ANY licenses for MMJ businesses and is gonna leave it all to the State to fug with. This means that 4 "centers" here are soon gonna be out of business and things will again return to the WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE. (level playin feild for ALL patients)

SORRY for the rants here @ the Farm, bro...but as I look at this $1600 invoice from my attorney FROM THE LAST MONTH that was generated because folks have....as you say....

"moved here and definitely helped/improved what CO was doing in the mmj area"

yeah...right. SUCH an improvement.

The fuckers can >all< eat me.

Lol. I feel ya bro, but it all boils down to the point I told ya in the other thread- the law wasn't shaped well and people took advantage. Now ignorance/shit is trickling down hill.

Should be mad at the politicians- not the people who moved here. Politicians fucked it up the first time around with AM.20 (whether anyone here wants to readily admit it or not), and then created their own private control/more money with 1284. All the crap trickle down was just a mirage to make the people bitching happy- its all about revenue. They found a way to get the most, control it, and lower the value of anything they couldn't. Why are you still bitching at growers? lol. Shit many of the big ones that SUPPORTED 1284 were long time "CO business owners, patients, growers" with pull in the system for their shops. Residency issues helped sure that up on the ownership level as well- so blame those Coloradan resident biz owner/financiers as well. Are the 4 local shops in your area mostly outta staters?

I bet on a scale- there are more out of state college kids growing just because they live here for college than outta state people here trying to make a buck still or ever effecting the market. Sure the numbers there are staggering. I'd be willing to wager that most of the implants were growers/caregiver's that never played a role on the MMC side that caused issues- most probably couldnt even get it together in time.

I mean, lets add up the number of mmc's/mmj biz make a gratious assumption of employees and assume they are all outta state implants- that number still would not be threatening enough for all the recourse/action/anger or even a fraction of the patient population.....its like I talked about last year when I was saying this "fear" was complete ignorance based on a small small % of the total population of CO (in effort for revenue). Even at 100k+ patients thats a drop in the bucket vs. population or even the number of people who voted yes on Am.20. I mean seriously- around 5 million people in CO...that means what less that 2% of total population is MMJ patients- that alone should put in perspective that its all shady gov/money based. Almost 1mil voted yes on Am.20- so what less than 10% of adult approving vote. There is no threat, no concern, never was IMO. All bout the $$$.

The reason I say some moving here have improved MMJ is that the best buds I see available to patients- are mostly from people who moved here or have only been here for a short period. That and some of the most generous I've met have been implants that genuinely want to help....its not this completely skewed view of the majority being money grubbin implants. I was warned CO folks dont like folks moving here, so understandable, and most places I go (not pot related) CO residents are often the minority, interesting. ALmost as prideful as Texans :evilgrin0040: hehe

sky high

sky high

Nah...they don't get it at all, Dooby. That's a >good< thing though when it all comes down to it. We'll make it work...just like we always have....and they'll be chasin' rainbows elsewhere.

Can't say much else 'cus I'll get accused of bein' an elitist or a chick with bad genetics.

LOL.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Absolutely, there's tons of herb shipped into the US, everyday. From canada, mexico, and beyond.

Edit ** Sorry I didnt read the thread before posting, Just answered the question. I cant comment on this subject.

K

kolah

Supply outweighs demand by boatloads.Thus the drop in prices.

The way things are going here in CO I think MMC's are sitting ducks. I see very little protection or benefits from registering with the state. But the state loves taking your hard earned money don't they? Yet I do not see them standing up to protect the MMC's from fed prosecution...or in some cases from the state PIG patrols. The Sheriffs of the counties have the legal power and authoirty to tell the feds and state PIGS to fuck off. Until they do, MMC's (and others) are sitting ducks.

I think sit-down discussions with local sheriffs would be benficial in addressing these concerns. Amend 20 is typed into the CO Constitution and all county sheriffs swear to an oath to uphold the constitution. If we remind them that they need to honor and enforce our rights they can override feds and the state piggies who infringe upon these rights.

I plan to write letters to two of my local county sheriff offices and request to meet them in person as well. I urge others to do the same. We need to remind Sheriff's that they have superior authority over their county. If you doubt this, google "Sheriff Richard Mack." He is a well known freedom fighter and ex sheriff who is quite active and supportive of Constitutional rights.

Take 5 minutes and listen to Sheriff Mack. (yeah he plugs his book but he is on a mission in which he is sending EVERY county sheriff free copies of it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfDzLl0I-18

sky high

sky high

The "confusion" via all of the (proposed) changes in CG rules/registration/etc. is where I see the real danger here. For YEARS the patients in CO faced similar confusion and that allowed the po-po to run shod over quite a few patients. Court cases...forfieture of property/plants/meds/equipment and harrasment were common.....MUCH if not all of the problems arising from pop-po's lack of understanding of the Law/etc.

The key (IMO) is gonna be keepin yer shit in basic order. Paperwork, license, etc.... so that >IF< they do show up you are ready to present on the spot and stifle any further action/etc.

And while it's not popular to some....I found on my visit that >respect< was key in the entire process on both sides of the fence.

be safe, all

s h

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The Weld County narcotics task force officers asked me what the rules where, they didnt know all the ins and outs at all, they rerally weren't even up on the state level laws, they were more concerned with local rules and laws and they really didn't know those.. they did tell me that medical patients have a much higher threshold for procecution due to the super costly high profile cases in the recent past. They were real appologetic about takin my time and himin me up..it was crazy

Tex

Top Bottom