Do you adjust light intensity by using ppfd or how plants react to the light?

• Thread starter Deesil235
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

Great question. What I do i roughly go by how plants respond then when the canopy is final i take my meter and see where the smaller buds are too low, the buds with slightly taco'd leaves too high and the just right, then I know how much light is perfect and the net grow I try to shape the canopy to match.

Pilted

Pilted

I do both, I know the range where they should be. That range is easy to find with a meter, I use this as a guide. I then adjust the light based off what the plant is showing, is she praying, are the heads facing the light or are they looking away, what's the over all evenness of the color on the top leaves, is it even or are you seeing light streaks or patches. I try not to go over the range that is suggested for that stage in growth. it's not always easy to see when when the plant goes into light avoidance and that can slow growth, but if she is obviously asking for more light I will go over recommended levels.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I just use my photone app to get in range where I want to be since it’s not fully accurate then watch the plants, I like to keep my leaves flat and perpendicular to the light, so I adjust my light to a shove that, as they grow and show they want more or less light I adjust by a few percent on the dial at a time until flat again, if the dial change makes no difference I adjust light height, then check again the next week

Always had trouble trying to follow some of the PPFD charts normally burnt leaves, so that is ditched for now for good ol visual cues and since then no more issues

Top Bottom