Do you feed every time you water?

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Do you alternate feedings with plain water, or do you feed every time you water? I just don't want to over feed, and they usually only need a drink about once a week, give or take a couple days. Using Dutch Science for the first time. Ladies are in about week 5 and 6 of veg respectively, they are in organic promix in one or three gallon pots depending on size. They will be going outside in late May.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Do you alternate feedings with plain water, or do you feed every time you water? I just don't want to over feed, and they usually only need a drink about once a week, give or take a couple days. Using Dutch Science for the first time. Ladies are in about week 5 and 6 of veg respectively, they are in organic promix in one or three gallon pots depending on size. They will be going outside in late May.
Pro Mix HP here. I feed and water alternatively. Depending on strain it might be watered twice between feedings.

crossfader

crossfader

Like many here I follow the 'feed/water/feed/water' method but there's also 'feed/water/water/feed'. Your plants will indicate if whatever method you choose is working by closely monitoring them. ✌️

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Like many here I follow the 'feed/water/feed/water' method but there's also 'feed/water/water/feed'. Your plants will indicate if whatever method you choose is working by closely monitoring them. ✌
Thanks, they look healthy and happy now, I just have seen a ton of posts about nute burn and want to avoid that... but I think organic nutes are a bit more forgiving as well.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

I use Dutch science and a few boosters all organic. What I do is mix up the solution by the week and mix fresh 6.5 water to my solution in the watering can. I tested ppm for lockout last run and it’s exceptionally high. That being said I used flawless finish once a week and it stopped lockout. I’ve now switched to slf-100 and am happy with the results there too.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I use promix or a promix type peat based soil indoors and water/feed/water/feed.....but if after a water if I read a very low ppm I'll feed it with its regular feed and suck up all the runoff...it drains for quite a while after that but dries normally and it gets the numbers where I want them.

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Coco grower here.

I feed with every watering. Having your PPMs and EC constantly ebbing and flowing aren't the best conditions for maximum potential. Just get your nutrient levels right, and fertigate daily, more than once a day if necessary.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
In Coco perlite I feed every water in soil mix once a week to keep them happy

Bass.man

Bass.man

I grow in fox farms soil and use the ff trio of nutes. I feed twice a week and water in between.

ARCH111

ARCH111

They have been on a water/feed/water schedule but I can't keep that up with the increase in my pot size.

IMG 2846
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

They have been on a water/feed/water schedule but I can't keep that up with the increase in my pot size.
Stick some Jobes Organic fertilizer spikes in and call it good for nutes. Just water after that and watch for any deficiency 1 spike about midway between top and the bottom. The other near the bottom.

Top Bottom