Do you guys think this matters?

• Thread starter MasterDsKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

I have 2 vents that probably let some light in and i usually watch tv to fall asleep and sleep right near my grow wi this effect my flowering cycle?

Do you guys think this matters
Do you guys think this matters 2
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have 2 vents that probably let some light in and i usually watch tv to fall asleep and sleep right near my grow wi this effect my flowering cycle?
Why take the chance? Wrap them with something that light can't penetrate. If in doubt, lights out inside,, go inside the tent, and see if you can see any room light. (don't get locked in..LOL)

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Why take the chance? Wrap them with something that light can't penetrate. If in doubt, lights out inside,, go inside the tent, and see if you can see any room light. (don't get locked in..LOL)
I thought so damn ok thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just strap some black pantyhose or black airconditioner replacement filter foam over each end of the pipe. Also helps to make a “U” out of them to help obscure the light.

Should be lightproof with the 2 ends each covered.

MasterDsKush

MasterDsKush

Thank you everyone! Really basic advice goes long ways! The U shape and the double ended panty hoes will make the cut i think it will work!

Bonnielove

Bonnielove

Bunch of trippers. TV light at night shimmering though an exhaust tube with a fan inside wont do anything. I've done it. No problems. Carry on!
If the fan is attached to the tube on the bottom but there is light coming through that tube from the inside which in turn can let just as much light inside the tent....I wouldn't take the chance when there is a simple solution.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

If the fan is attached to the tube on the bottom but there is light coming through that tube from the inside which in turn can let just as much light inside the tent....I wouldn't take the chance when there is a simple solution.
Intelligent approach!

Mewzette

Mewzette

Unless you have a lot of ambient light and don't close up your tent it won't hurt a thing. T.V. light is too weak. After all if you grow outside there is always light and never void of light...ex...the moon, street lights, etc. If you are really worried just turn your tent where the intake is away from the light.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This subject is one I'd love to see compared in a side by side test. Because I've always believed it until I worked on a friends grow op for a few months that blew my mind. It was two flower rooms with a partition wall between them, and a huge 2' diameter propeller fan on each end exchanging air between the rooms.

They were staggered so when one room was on the other was off, and there was so much light leaking through the fan cages you could easily see plants with the naked eye in the "night" room. I never saw a single bananner or ballsack in the crop we pulled out of there. I was shocked honestly.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have had nanners on the only plant in the path of a small light leak i couldnt see until i stayed in the tent in the dark a while to let my eyes adjust.

When i fixed the light leak the nanners on the plant stopped.

Some plants are quite sensitive to stress.

Top Bottom