Do you lollipop?

• Thread starter Matour420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Matour420

Matour420

Hey guys quick question do you lollipop your plants? What happened if I don't? And when is the best time to do it? Thanks

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Hey guys quick question do you lollipop your plants? What happened if I don't? And when is the best time to do it? Thanks

I lollipop a few days before changing to flower but some also just change immediately, not sure it matters. If you don't lollipop at all, you get less airflow (can cause mold, humidity issues), also the leaves will block light to lower buds so they will not develop. It is also much harder to hand water.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I personally wouldnt suggest a "lollipop" on just one plant. The idea is to clean up the lower growth, so that there is improved light penetration and airflow. However, you shouldnt have that much crowding with just one plant... IMO you can still achieve this with a little bit of defoliation, I think it could even be counter productive if you do not have a large crop... just my two cents..

visajoe1

visajoe1

Previously I had no method and pruned lowers as seemed necessary for air flow, ect. I'm over larf though.

This run I tried the one node and flip (except I kept nearly all my arms vs 4-6). I trimmed them 1 day before flip and raised the light.

21 days after flip I removed branches that didnt make it to light and lower flowers up to top 2-4 nodes depending on the light situation.

Today is 31 days from flip, I like what i see so far, sorry for the HPS pics.
You can see the cola in the middle of pic taking shape if you look closely. Fun to watch.
We'll see what happens, 5-7 more weeks

20200426 135732
20200426 135842
N

Newber

Previously I had no method and pruned lowers as seemed necessary for air flow, ect. I'm over larf though.

This run I tried the one node and flip (except I kept nearly all my arms vs 4-6). I trimmed them 1 day before flip and raised the light.

21 days after flip I removed branches that didnt make it to light and lower flowers up to top 2-4 nodes depending on the light situation.

Today is 31 days from flip, I like what i see so far, sorry for the HPS pics.
You can see the cola in the middle of pic taking shape if you look closely. Fun to watch.
We'll see what happens, 5-7 more weeks
looking good

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I personally wouldnt suggest a "lollipop" on just one plant. The idea is to clean up the lower growth, so that there is improved light penetration and airflow. However, you shouldnt have that much crowding with just one plant... IMO you can still achieve this with a little bit of defoliation, I think it could even be counter productive if you do not have a large crop... just my two cents..

My bad, I assumed it was more than one plant.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

I did clean up underneath a bit on my little 3x2' 5 plant sog. I mostly just wanted it clear for watering and airflow, i dont think i have a big enough grow to be picky about the 'larf' as much, i figure as long as all the buds get some light theyll do okay. 💁 mostly just took off what was either flat out in my way, or blocking too much light. I try to just bend things out of the way to open up the lower sites, rather than further injure and remove the very things it needs to produce the goodness ;)

Top Bottom