do you need a torch lighter for an oil dome?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

bought an oil dome for my concentrates.. gonna use it tonight when i have more time but i seen all the video's of people using a torch to heat the glass.. can i just use a regular lighter? wanna make sure i get the best result from this but i dont wannna have to go out again and buy a torch lighter..

B

Beasters X Haze

Torch is needed 100%. You need a bad ass one too if you want to get the real deal hits. The pussy torches will heat it enough to get a hit, but not how these things are intended to be used.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Where can i find a quality torch? Went to 3 cig stores and all they have is lame torch cigarette lighters. Went to ebay and im not sure if a cigarette/cigar torch will be powerfull enough. They r a bit bigger than the one i bought for now but i want quality. Any suggestions?

Tripsick

Tripsick

get a good one.. or one in the plumbing department at home depot... use less gas and it get super hot really fast.

L

lil miss lone

My man uses one of those "Bernzomatic Fat Boy" propane tanks, (lol, just re read this) its small handheld portable, I believe he bought it at home depot for under $10 bucks. Have fun with that oil dome.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I use the BernzOmatic pen torch. It work's but like the OP's have said, not very well. It work's ok, but I would like to get a better one. The ones I really like are the smaller stand up torches.
I have seen some of the rod's head break off by using the large torches cus they get so hot very fast. Although it was quiet funny watching my friend run around trying to get his shoes and pants off. He did get burned pretty bad. But it was so fun to watch him in pain. I can't help it, but I laugh my ass off when someone get's hurt in front me.

true grit

true grit

Anybody know a good bute torch that you can actually get into shows? Or at least a decent hand held that will ACTUALLY refill?

Top Bottom