Do you remove the top fan leaves of your cola?

• Thread starter hydrotran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobman

I use trichs as a rough guide but I generally look for the glow. I am one of those guys that never gets many amber or cant see the amber correctly. i dont know which. my eyesight is not the best. And I have taken a true 8 week strain all the way to 77 days and still not seen any increase in amber. I have also seen amber trichs at 40 days. Anyways, so if you have a 65 day strain when would you start 10 hours?

H

hydrotran

I use trichs as a rough guide but I generally look for the glow. I am one of those guys that never gets many amber or cant see the amber correctly. i dont know which. my eyesight is not the best. And I have taken a true 8 week strain all the way to 77 days and still not seen any increase in amber. I have also seen amber trichs at 40 days. Anyways, so if you have a 65 day strain when would you start 10 hours?

You should see amber trichs if it is a 8 week strain at 56 days. What nutes are you using to finish it? Also do you have a looper? I cant tell really well as well but once I loop it I can see the amber.

B

bobman

I grow in perlite using lucas. I grew in soil for years. I only starting using a scope about 3 years ago. I usually get to around 10 percent amber and heavy cloudy. its probsbly the combo of my scope and eyesight.

S

smokestack23

SO much debate on this subject. Even lots of side by sides and you get everything from no difference, big difference, higher yields, lower yields....

I must be old(?) school..I still think along the lines that fans are food factories. If they're in the way I tuck them a bit. I HATE pulling healthy leaves. Yellowing or damaged ones are a different story but even then..

for example...nearing harvest when you can almost watch the green getting sucked out of the leaves, in my mind that's feeding the buds. I don't even pull THOSE leaves until they've lost almost ALL their green.

That's just my messed up view and it could be wrong. I've never tried a side by side and leaving them works great for me so I don't want to ruin a good thing...BUT...I suppose there's a possibility that defoliation would increase my yields. If that's the case, I'm IN!! Just too nervous to try without concrete proof.
:(

H

hydrotran

I grow in perlite using lucas. I grew in soil for years. I only starting using a scope about 3 years ago. I usually get to around 10 percent amber and heavy cloudy. its probsbly the combo of my scope and eyesight.

10 percent amber and heavy cloudy is still dank it all depends on what type of high you like. I prefer mines milky with10 percent amber as well.

H

hydrotran

SO much debate on this subject. Even lots of side by sides and you get everything from no difference, big difference, higher yields, lower yields....

I must be old(?) school..I still think along the lines that fans are food factories. If they're in the way I tuck them a bit. I HATE pulling healthy leaves. Yellowing or damaged ones are a different story but even then..

for example...nearing harvest when you can almost watch the green getting sucked out of the leaves, in my mind that's feeding the buds. I don't even pull THOSE leaves until they've lost almost ALL their green.

That's just my messed up view and it could be wrong. I've never tried a side by side and leaving them works great for me so I don't want to ruin a good thing...BUT...I suppose there's a possibility that defoliation would increase my yields. If that's the case, I'm IN!! Just too nervous to try without concrete proof.
:(

So when you are about to cut the ladies down all your leaves are yellow?

S

smokestack23

Well not the sugar leaves. those are the ones without a petiole in general. You know..the ones that are small, crystally, have no "stems", and just poke out of the buds. But...
Most (not all) of the fan leaves are either pretty light green or yellow. Of course there are plenty of green ones down low and in places that don't get intense light though.
And..most of the big fans have already fallen or have been plucked off (because they were dead or yellow) by harvest.

That depends though on things like strains and amount of nitrogen in your flower nutes, flush time...

If you flush for like over a week then yes...most of your leaves (except the sugar leaves) will be pretty yellow.
It can look a lot like autumn in the flower room right before harvest. Nopt just yellow but brown, purple, green, yellow, blue...

Top Bottom