Do You Still Use Gh, Go, Botanicare?

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will you keep buying/using Botanicare, vermicrop, GH,&GO since they've been bought out by Dr. Evil?

• Yeah, if it's the same stuff I bought before, why change?

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Maybe, if it was priced right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, I would really rather not but would in a pinch

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I would rather use my own poo.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I was using the General Organics line last year, nothing great but it was okay, and I knew it would be improved with some tweaking . I found out that General Organics, General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and Vermicrop Organics had been bought out by Bayer/Miracle Grow/ Monsanto/ Hawthorne Gardening/ Dr. Evil. Because of the way that the company has treated cannabis growers in the past, I couldn't let myself stand behind them in any way, shape, or form. It just doesn't feel right. I've heard of people tossing out any GH products that they have. There was even a Hydro store that I threw away the entire stock of general organics, General hydroponics, all of 'em. Even though the company hadn't been sold at the time they bought those bottles , they didn't want to support them so they put it all out in the dumpster.

This made me wonder how many other people feel the same way. So I thought I would take a poll

velocity

velocity

All part of canna becoming legal. Curious how its going to unfold. Its a new market and alot of money to be made.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I'm sorry but this has to be said. If you buy your groceries at the grocery store then you are retarded if you are refusing to use these products cause of who bought them. Its the pot calling the kettle black.

F

FarmerX

We should be conscious of what companies we are supporting. Sure, you can't always avoid going to Walmart, but once you hear about all the bad stuff, you probably consider your alternatives a lot more. Even if we came together as a community to boycott a company of this size, it wouldn't put them under, but having consideration for the alternatives might give someone a chance to compete in a monopolizing market.

I guess it's the way everything goes. If you owned a light manufacturing company and suddenly Scott's was on the market for a business in your industry, better to be on the list than to compete against their pick.

Several years ago I worked alongside a gentlemen with an interesting story. His family opened several coffee shops in a small town nearby, I saw this guy quit his job and leave with the fattest smile on his face, and I also watched him come back two years later, somber and beat. A big company showed up and started buying all the smaller shops up, when they arrived at this guys place, he told them to kick rocks. They offered to buy one more time, warning that they would outlast and outcompete otherwise, he said good luck and showed them the door. Less than a year later and he went under, unable to compete with Dutch Bro's. He still works at that cannery...

IMG 0305

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

I was using the General Organics line last year, nothing great but it was okay, and I knew it would be improved with some tweaking . I found out that General Organics, General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and Vermicrop Organics had been bought out by Bayer/Miracle Grow/ Monsanto/ Hawthorne Gardening/ Dr. Evil. Because of the way that the company has treated cannabis growers in the past, I couldn't let myself stand behind them in any way, shape, or form. It just doesn't feel right. I've heard of people tossing out any GH products that they have. There was even a Hydro store that I threw away the entire stock of general organics, General hydroponics, all of 'em. Even though the company hadn't been sold at the time they bought those bottles , they didn't want to support them so they put it all out in the dumpster.

This made me wonder how many other people feel the same way. So I thought I would take a poll

Threw out all there stock???? I woulda just had a sale got rid of it and refused to carry more if that was my stance. That said they have a customer base that will be hard to sway, I have been really liking the cocotek line myself

The Terps

The Terps

I just bought a few gavitas I feel no shame. Considered getting the new revolution lights that operate at over 100 hz but have heard nothing good nor bad about the company. then considered nanolux again but don't have wifi so I want the el1 controller. I knew who owns them I know where it's really made again no shame, good product bad business partner, I've had a few of those myself.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

We should be conscious of what companies we are supporting. Sure, you can't always avoid going to Walmart, but once you hear about all the bad stuff, you probably consider your alternatives a lot more. Even if we came together as a community to boycott a company of this size, it wouldn't put them under, but having consideration for the alternatives might give someone a chance to compete in a monopolizing market.

I guess it's the way everything goes. If you owned a light manufacturing company and suddenly Scott's was on the market for a business in your industry, better to be on the list than to compete against their pick.

Several years ago I worked alongside a gentlemen with an interesting story. His family opened several coffee shops in a small town nearby, I saw this guy quit his job and leave with the fattest smile on his face, and I also watched him come back two years later, somber and beat. A big company showed up and started buying all the smaller shops up, when they arrived at this guys place, he told them to kick rocks. They offered to buy one more time, warning that they would outlast and outcompete otherwise, he said good luck and showed them the door. Less than a year later and he went under, unable to compete with Dutch Bro's. He still works at that cannery...

View attachment 648899
I'm with ya there. They almost make it impossible to NOT shop at the big box stores. Especially if finances are an issue. It just makes sense to get most of what you need at once. but like you said, once you realize that they aren't as great as they seem, you may find yourself considering other options. I can't say if General Organics was 1/4 of the price Roots Organic, that I wouldn't buy it. But that's more about my financial situation. If the GO box was $30 and the Roots player pack was $40, I would go with Roots. But I've recently switched to Tea so I don't know how strong GH is in that market. I know Botanicare has Tea Blends, but that seems to be a different deal since they do mostly liquid. I have seen some dry nutrients in the Organicare line but have no experience with it.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Its business... i dont recommend or use anything bought by them... you can get everything they offer in other forms or brands.... adapt and overcome folks
Yessir! You can get most if not all of the ingredients used in GO. They may not be "chelated" or what have you, but that's what friends...err umm microbeasties are for. Okay maybe I make friends with fungi...

don't judge me, Monkey

I'm sorry but this has to be said. If you buy your groceries at the grocery store then you are retarded if you are refusing to use these products cause of who bought them. Its the pot calling the kettle black.
:dummy:
Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too? We can't all go full bore organic home grown fresh from the cows nips. But if you believe in something, you do what you can. If I could afford (and physically handle) having a full farm, I likley would. But there's a reason we have grocery stores. Im not against all big companies or anything. I just have a low tolerance for bullshit. Hence my typing. Okay bull shit could probably be a decent fert but still. Not sure why I included that... or this. Penguins are fuggin awesome.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

All part of canna becoming legal. Curious how its going to unfold. Its a new market and alot of money to be made.
Yeah I know that it's going to be a reality that big guys will run a decent chunk of the Grow game. I just worry about home growing in the future.

velocity

velocity

What honestly has me torn. Not many would grow before 1 med state become reality. Now med and rec are reality it has really added a influx nobody thought possible.

Now all of us are in the same soup pot.

What do we do now the genie is out?

There are so many facets and opionons on so many levels. Myself why I am torn is its nice of those that live in a legal state that have the benifits of _____

But what about those in a illegal state still trying to grow and survive. What about those that have no benifits and do not have many choices.

I have heard from alot the legal side many arguments many topics. Yet the illegal people are seeing the smoke screen billowing profusly because they feel legality has hurt them and those in a legal state are screaming they are being took over by the companies eating up shares, posistional moves and controlling the market.

I can tell you this. Growing is the most difficult thing I have ever done. Have I had a pistol in my face watched everything i owned pulled out a house that i busted my ass for and watch it disappear into the nite? I have..Honestly its just part of the game we all buy tickets to so we can have this plant. Is it worth it. Well its your decision

Last edited:
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

What honestly has me torn. Not many would grow before 1 med state become reality. Now med and rec are reality it has really added a influx nobody thought possible.

Now all of us are in the same soup pot.

What do we do now the genie is out?

There are so many facets and opionons on so many levels. Myself why I am torn is its nice of those that live in a legal state that have the benifits of _____

But what about those in a illegal state still trying to grow and survive. What about those that have no benifits and do not have many choices.

I have heard from alot the legal side many arguments many topics. Yet the illegal people are seeing the smoke screen billowing profusly because they feel legality has hurt them and those in a legal state are screaming they are being took over by the companies eating up shares, posistional moves and controlling the market.

I can tell you this. Growing is the most difficult thing I have ever done. Have I had a pistol in my face watched everything i owned pulled out a house that i busted my ass for and watch it disappear into the nite? I have..Honestly its just part of the game we all buy tickets to so we can have this plant. Is it worth it. Well its your decision
I wasn't even thinking about prohibitia! I feel like that would be in the "gotta do what I gotta do to get it done" category. I agree, growing is hard as shit but I love it and as they say "when you enjoy your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life" Growing has brought enjoyment to my daily life, something I never thought was possible

Top Bottom