Do You Still Use Gh, Go, Botanicare?

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Will you keep buying/using Botanicare, vermicrop, GH,&GO since they've been bought out by Dr. Evil?

• Yeah, if it's the same stuff I bought before, why change?

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Maybe, if it was priced right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, I would really rather not but would in a pinch

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • I would rather use my own poo.

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
velocity

velocity

I wasn't even thinking about prohibitia! I feel like that would be in the "gotta do what I gotta do to get it done" category. I agree, growing is hard as shit but I love it and as they say "when you enjoy your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life" Growing has brought enjoyment to my daily life, something I never thought was possible
That is so true. Its a cluster f@ck but it was nice while it lasted. I know that it aggitates some that these companys are moving and shaking like they are. We did it to outselves tho to be honest.

Passion is in many forms and I hope there will be a midle point somewhere. History is a teacher and a provider of information. As far as companys being bought up in a way its like the gold rush era. The ones that walked away with money were the people selling goods. Way things are looking is horay weed is legal.

The honeymoon wears off then its sadness replacing the passion because the genie we as growers had was taken away.

Not sure but my guess is 5 years its all going to be commercial and we will be back in the shadows. Curious who is as devoted now as they will be then. No matter how you slice it the bottom line is who has the nuts and who doesn't. Better cherish it now the winds of change are coming

Navillusii

Navillusii

Big canna coming through! This will be risky depending on how us growers accept it. if we don't purchase it, it will set a great example and hopefully other companies won't follow suit. if not, It'll be like beer I think, people drink Budweiser/Coors/etc. but there is still a market for "mircobrew". Hopefully, it follows that. I enjoy growing and won't stop anytime soon.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too? We can't all go full bore organic home grown fresh from the cows nips. But if you believe in something, you do what you can. If I could afford (and physically handle) having a full farm, I likley would. But there's a reason we have grocery stores. Im not against all big companies or anything. I just have a low tolerance for bullshit. Hence my typing. Okay bull shit could probably be a decent fert but still. Not sure why I included that... or this. Penguins are fuggin awesome.

I hear you on that it's just there is no consistency. Sure I get it. Scotts owns GH now. Its the parent company. It's bad and evil now. My point is be consistent if you are going to take that route. Bitch about who bought a nute company and talk about never buying their products again. If that's how you feel I understand it and support it. Then going out and supporting the same company in your food choices, medicine, clothing etc. Yeah you like like an idiot now. Sorry that's how I feel.

I use GH and have for quite a while. I'm not stopping cause Scotts bought them. I like the nutes. I hate AN and everything they stand for. I still use their PH down cause its the most concentrated one I can get. I care about growing. I don't care about who sits on a board or who goes to meetings. If GH changes for the worst I will drop them like a bad habit. If they don't and stay the same ill still use them. Only thing I really care about. Just my approach. Sometimes people feel different.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
yes, sadly enough, Gavitas are now owned by Scotts.

That's kind of my point above. If Gavitas quality stays the same I will still buy them. If you choose not to support them for who owns them now I am perfectly ok with it. But I raise the question. All the lights, tables, nutes, fans, timers. Do you all do the research to see who actually owns the company or where they get all of their components for each item. I'm pretty much 99.9% sure no one does. Throwing up a red flag and boycotting a product for 1 or 2 items because of the parent company and then just blindly running all the other stuff with no knowledge for all you know you are/have been/will be supporting them for years just sounds silly to me.

guymandude

guymandude

That's kind of my point above. If Gavitas quality stays the same I will still buy them. If you choose not to support them for who owns them now I am perfectly ok with it. But I raise the question. All the lights, tables, nutes, fans, timers. Do you all do the research to see who actually owns the company or where they get all of their components for each item. I'm pretty much 99.9% sure no one does. Throwing up a red flag and boycotting a product for 1 or 2 items because of the parent company and then just blindly running all the other stuff with no knowledge for all you know you are/have been/will be supporting them for years just sounds silly to me.

I'm pretty sure AN is still a private company. And Philips is too big to be bought by Scotts or Monsanto, especially since Bayer is trying to buy Monsanto. Hortilux is a wholly owned company of Eye lighting International. Canna is still private too, i think.

I practice what i preach.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I hear you on that it's just there is no consistency. Sure I get it. Scotts owns GH now. Its the parent company. It's bad and evil now. My point is be consistent if you are going to take that route. Bitch about who bought a nute company and talk about never buying their products again. If that's how you feel I understand it and support it. Then going out and supporting the same company in your food choices, medicine, clothing etc. Yeah you like like an idiot now. Sorry that's how I feel.

I use GH and have for quite a while. I'm not stopping cause Scotts bought them. I like the nutes. I hate AN and everything they stand for. I still use their PH down cause its the most concentrated one I can get. I care about growing. I don't care about who sits on a board or who goes to meetings. If GH changes for the worst I will drop them like a bad habit. If they don't and stay the same ill still use them. Only thing I really care about. Just my approach. Sometimes people feel different.
To each their own

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Wow, that was a bit quicker than I expected. Hydro LEDs too, hmm
IMG 1322
IMG 1324

P

Pimples

All part of canna becoming legal. Curious how its going to unfold. Its a new market and alot of money to be made.
I agree and it doesnt matter much who sells out to who in the big picture. Most of us wont be growing for money much longer. How can you? Economy of scale with legalization will dictate price. And it will soon not even be profitable for total indoors. The cost prohibitive. Outdoors and greenhouse (huge ones) is the future. Indoors - your stuck in the illegal black market high risk high cost mindset. First to go will be the house and hobby growers (unless you like growing your own and paying more for equipment and electric/energy costs than buying it. We will all get weeded out eventually. 100 bucks a pound or even less...which is a HUGE profit margin for any ag crop...WHICH MJ certainly will become. And if you delude your brain i to the "yeah but they cant grow super top shelf so called craft grown weed" your in for a suprise.

Last edited:
velocity

velocity

It really is a loaded question no answer. It is like boycotting gm because there not 100% american made. You know when everything was 100% illegal we were happy with what we had. We wanted more but knew few touch it so much risk.

Now since its legal you see so many things. People do not like big biz in anything I get it. But if people are going to not buy a product from a big biz they better stop growing because its going to be big biz top to bottom.

Then top shelf..ask 100 people get 100 answers. Or even more hilarious have someone tell you its medical and ask them why...

I honestly don't care. Everything is a better product now than 10 years ago. I have seen maassssive amounts of hot shots get on the net think there god.I will be growing till I die, damn near did once from growing. Like I said earlier like to see how many today will be around in 5 years.

I say go back to what it was way to many spoiled people that never had the nuts to fire a light and do honest stretch of time want the cake and frosting now

straincreation

straincreation

I flat out refuse to use any product by GH or Botanicare or Gavita since the acquisitions. Period.
Would you mind shedding some light and/or shooting a link to these, just being lazy lol. I really only use silica blast, which is just potassium silicate sorry but silica is silica at a certain point, and I use liquid karma for veg atleast, then switch to nirvana during flower, I'm actually doing a run now sticking with the liquid karma all the way threw flower well see if any difference occurs.

anyway rambling but I'll research if you don't get back to me thanks.

Happy farmin.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Would you mind shedding some light and/or shooting a link to these, just being lazy lol. I really only use silica blast, which is just potassium silicate sorry but silica is silica at a certain point, and I use liquid karma for veg atleast, then switch to nirvana during flower, I'm actually doing a run now sticking with the liquid karma all the way threw flower well see if any difference occurs.

anyway rambling but I'll research if you don't get back to me thanks.

Happy farmin.

http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/09/...bis-hawthorne-gardening-co-hydroponics/61763/
http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/07/06/scotts-miracle-gro-ceo-marijuana-investment-gmo/57684/
http://www.thecannabist.co/2016/08/04/scotts-miracle-gro-marijuana-hydroponic/60229/
This should get you started

S

SHIRDABZALOT

I agree and it doesnt matter much who sells out to who in the big picture. Most of us wont be growing for money much longer. How can you? Economy of scale with legalization will dictate price. And it will soon not even be profitable for total indoors. The cost prohibitive. Outdoors and greenhouse (huge ones) is the future. Indoors - your stuck in the illegal black market high risk high cost mindset. First to go will be the house and hobby growers (unless you like growing your own and paying more for equipment and electric/energy costs than buying it. We will all get weeded out eventually. 100 bucks a pound or even less...which is a HUGE profit margin for any ag crop...WHICH MJ certainly will become. And if you delude your brain i to the "yeah but they cant grow super top shelf so called craft grown weed" your in for a suprise.

There will always be a place for top shelf. Always. Think about this: budweiser is huge.....but do you drink budweiser? I pay 12 bux a 6 pack for my beer that is made in small batches with stringent quality control and I know the guy that makes my beer personally. So yes there will always be a market for indoor topshelf. People's families have been living off of moonshine for generations.....yet you can get alcohol on every corner in america....but people still want artisan quality hand made product made with love and passion. Is the demographic large? Nope. But it exists......and it always will. period.

P

Pimples

There will always be a place for top shelf. Always. Think about this: budweiser is huge.....but do you drink budweiser? I pay 12 bux a 6 pack for my beer that is made in small batches with stringent quality control and I know the guy that makes my beer personally. So yes there will always be a market for indoor topshelf. People's families have been living off of moonshine for generations.....yet you can get alcohol on every corner in america....but people still want artisan quality hand made product made with love and passion. Is the demographic large? Nope. But it exists......and it always will. period.
I agree. Always will be a demand for the super duper good shit. But you..or I and 90% of the rest of the good growers out ther will not be providing it for a decent income. Nope. This thing of ours is going to other hands. Our days under the sun...whether artificial or the real are drawing to a slow close. I mean...we will still grow. ..maybe. When you start seeing 100 dollar pounds or cheaper (of damn fine greenhouse grown buds) ...available just about everywhere like alcohol....are you going to fire up them lamps in your basement?

Latest posts

Top Bottom