Do you think it's ready to harvest ?

• Thread starter youpsla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

youpsla

I'm cultivating outdoor a Special Queen 1 (RQS) at the Paris (France) lattitude.
Those 3 photos are 3 buds. DO you think it's ready to harvest ?
Pistil looks good, lots of trichomes but no one braun and some looks translucide ...

Do you think its ready to harvest
Do you think its ready to harvest 2
Do you think its ready to harvest 3
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
cut a small lower bud trim it let it dry for a week or so smoke it and see how you feel. if you like the buzz chop the plants if not wait another week

Y

youpsla

As it is outdoor without greenhouse, the morning dew is likely to bring rot (I already got 3 buds with little mold. THey have been cut). That's the reason why I was hesitating to harvest.
Another solution is to fast build a small greenhouse (1Lx1lx2h meters)...

R

RichardSocal

They don't look ready but it also depends on the weather. If it's going to rain or be very damp, I'd harvest. We are having a little heat wave where I am so I'm waiting a few more days.

Y

youpsla

They don't look ready but it also depends on the weather. If it's going to rain or be very damp, I'd harvest. We are having a little heat wave where I am so I'm waiting a few more days.
That's what I thought. mid september, there has been some rainy days (3 or 4). I start seeing some rot on some buds. i cut them.
Now, the weather is nice but some dew in the morning. Can this dew be source of rot ?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That's what I thought. mid september, there has been some rainy days (3 or 4). I start seeing some rot on some buds. i cut them.
Now, the weather is nice but some dew in the morning. Can this dew be source of rot ?
yes, every morning once buds are getting heavy it’s good to support bud/branch with hand and lightly shake off.. grab main stem and shake lightly.. do this every morning till harvest, while at the same time inspecting the buds..

Y

youpsla

yes, every morning once buds are getting heavy it’s good to support bud/branch with hand and lightly shake off.. grab main stem and shake lightly.. do this every morning till harvest, while at the same time inspecting the buds..
I have used the method "with hand and lightly shake off". I stop doing that. The reason is it will put water in place the rain will not IMHO. While shaking, it moves buds and open space between them. I think when water get between buds, the water is trapped ...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have used the method "with hand and lightly shake off". I stop doing that. The reason is it will put water in place the rain will not IMHO. While shaking, it moves buds and open space between them. I think when water get between buds, the water is trapped ...
well whatever..
during the last month of flowering i’m also spreading, detangling the colas/branches keeping airflow around the colas.. so when it comes to the end season and all the wind and rain i’m already to just shake etc..

Latest posts

Top Bottom