Do you top/train your moms?

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

I was wondering do you guys top or train your moms as they are initially growing, i have some clones im going to make into mother and was wondering if i should just let em grow el natural or what?

thanks for the input...

R

RMCG

I top clones at the 4th node and seeds at the 6th node to get some branching going early.

After that, the very nature of clone taking 'prunes' them well enough. Occasionally need to knock some growing tips way back if you haven't pulled any lately.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

I dont train my moms but I do top them.. The more tops means the more cuts I can take down the road.. If you think about it every time you take a cut is like topping that branch..

J

jakew215

awesome guys thanks for the quick responses, sounds like ill definitely be topping them girls.

appreciate that it guys. wouldnt know where id be without this place.

D

dican01

the cuttings you take from the top of the plant will root better than those taken from the bottom. turn them into bushes if you want. i top, tie, and supercrop until i get the shape that i am looking for. way more good looking healthy cloneable branches this way as opposed to a single stem imo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom