do you trim the leaves off before you cure or after

• Thread starter 420VISION
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420VISION

Hello folks my question is do you trim the leaves off before you put it to dry or after its already dry?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I trim before its dry, but people say its better if you trim after they dry because it causes it to dry slower which gives it a smoother smoke. So wet trim is easier but not as good and dry trim is harder but better.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Just as Lex said..... I trim before they dry... Makes life a lot easier!

Cort

Cort

I chop down into big branches rough trim and hang up. Temps at about 65 RH 55-60
A week or so of this I final trim and jar it for the cure. When I start trimming its a little damp, by the time I finish its about right.

T

Thatgirl

Both. I don't have the time or manpower to get it all trimmed when its wet. Most of it get hung up, and then I bring a couple wet plants in to trim. By the time I am done with them, usually the rest is dry.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Tried it both ways. Wet trimming everything is best for me. I will not go back to dry trimming. Pain in the ass.

Vakman

Vakman

i tear the fan leafs off right after chop and the start trimming immediately. for me its such a pain in the pass to trim after its started drying out.

Haggardass

Haggardass

i wet trim but im interested to see the difference in dry trim so im gonna give it a shot next cut

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

i think it depends on the humidity of where you live. In CO where its dry, if i wet trim they will be dry in a day and a half and taste "green" still. In MI where its humid, if you dont wet trim it will take a week and a half to dry and may get moldy... i like about 5-6 days of drying. Bud density plays a role in this too. i would never wet trim an airy structured sativa but a super dense strain will still dry slow even with a wet trim. hope that helps happy harvey!!

Top Bottom