Do you use silica throughout entire flower?

• Thread starter hydrotran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

Well hold on now if it raises pH there might be some actual value here - especially since you get that smallish dose of potash with it . . .

All that rep on your avatar there Venom surely you can ballpark this - if you mixed a batch of nutes @ 1000ppm that mixed up to a ph of 4 (I'm thinking of Botanicare base nutes here) - and added 5ml/gallon of silica - where would the pH be?

Of the two different silicas I've used, one seems about 4x stronger than the other (Mad Farmer > Botanicare), so it's hard to say.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well hold on now if it raises pH there might be some actual value here - especially since you get that smallish dose of potash with it . . .

All that rep on your avatar there Venom surely you can ballpark this - if you mixed a batch of nutes @ 1000ppm that mixed up to a ph of 4 (I'm thinking of Botanicare base nutes here) - and added 5ml/gallon of silica - where would the pH be?

I run GroTeks Prosilicate and I usually mix it first, then bring my ph down and mix everything else. I used to run without a silica and now that I do I find it hard to supercrop my plants sometimes. So I'd have to say it makes a pretty big difference. I usually drop it when I go into flower, but I think I may run it for the first two weeks this run.

B

bluedog

I've used silica up until flush because I've read it strengthens plants resistance to disease. PM being one the kush strains I have struggle with. It does seem to make a difference. No mineral taste at all with a 2 week flush either.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I provide silica by planting my laides in dirt.
The way mama nature does it,

K

KushFarmer

Silica is one of the 20 essential nutrients for plant metabolism. I found during a cycle, using about 5-10 ppm of silica in one plant, and none in the other, during flowering, that the plant getting it produced about a half ounce more of product (no other variables). Same lighting, other nutrients, CO2, and ventilation as they were right next to each other. The taste was also sweeter and more reminiscent of the juicy, pungent smell of still budding flowers after harvest. Silica rocks plants, even in flowering, in my opinion.

Top Bottom