do you wait?

• Thread starter Growboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Growboy

Growboy

i was told when i did soil to not throw girls in to 12/12 cycle till the plants show sex. Is this still the same for UC?

P

paulycali

Best to sex before flowering. Let them naturally show sex without you switching the light cycle on them

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Ive had some that don't show their ugly head until 12/12 cycle.

GI JO

GI JO

Best to sex before flowering. Let them naturally show sex without you switching the light cycle on them

Can you explain this? I thought 12/12 was necessary to truly know the sex. Would love to not have to go 12/12 every time.

P

paulycali

I never put unsexed plants in the flowering room. That's just crraaaazzzyyy talk lol! Not smart if you ask me. Seedlings need at least 1 month veg from germination to show their sex. Males show their sex sooner

GI JO

GI JO

That's what she said lol! :D
They don't go into a flower room, they go into an empty room @ 12/12. I have 6 plants right now that are at least a month in veg, there's only 1 that I think is female, the others have no clear hairs/balls. I will be taking a few clones from each one soon. If I still don't have any idea on the sex, I'll have to flip them......pretty much the only way I know how to do it.
BTW, you must have been paying attention somewhere along the line to get my gender right;)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
They don't go into a flower room, they go into an empty room @ 12/12. I have 6 plants right now that are at least a month in veg, there's only 1 that I think is female, the others have no clear hairs/balls. I will be taking a few clones from each one soon. If I still don't have any idea on the sex, I'll have to flip them......pretty much the only way I know how to do it.
BTW, you must have been paying attention somewhere along the line to get my gender right;)
You could flip (12/12) one clone from each, wouldnt be long before you knew then.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Here is an easy way to sex your plants. Cut 2 clones and label, you want 2 in-case one dies. Put them under 12/12 and in 14 days you know what they are as they will flower.

Never put unknown plants into you final system, it's a waste of your time and can pollinate your females if you don't catch it. So U wind up with a big FAIL. :(

Peace

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Plants will start to show male/female pre-flower at about the time they reach the 7th internode. Gotta look closely with a scope. Haven't been wrong yet, and NEVER flip to 12/12 to show sex. This was a tip from the venerable Mr. Baba G. Thanks Mr. G!

outwest

GI JO

GI JO

Love these tips cause I have some lovely, big ass plants to flip. Cloning my next day off from my yuck!! real job.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I never put unsexed plants in the flowering room. That's just crraaaazzzyyy talk lol! Not smart if you ask me. Seedlings need at least 1 month veg from germination to show their sex. Males show their sex sooner
Sorry for jumping in this thred with my question but, it seemed like a good place for it.

You think if 8 out of 9 plants from the same pack of seeds showed their male sex with in 1 day of each other. The one that didnt show anything will be a female?

P

paulycali

Sorry for jumping in this thred with my question but, it seemed like a good place for it.

You think if 8 out of 9 plants from the same pack of seeds showed their male sex with in 1 day of each other. The one that didnt show anything will be a female?

No guarantee but i would sure hope so for your sake. Get a scope and look real close where the nodes are. You might be able to spot your lone female

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

for an under current system it would be a total waste to put unsexed plants in there not knowing what will come, hell even if they were female still you dont know what will come out!..

can i play the devils advocate for a second??? cause you DO NOT have to wait until sex to flower. sure, it may be better and it works, but i seen 12/12 FROM SEED runs get close to 1GPW.... so saying a veg period is even necessary is false. its all about how you want to do it.

obviously not beneficial in an under current low site scenario.... but still.

Top Bottom