Do you wash you indoor buds or only outdoor?

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
As I get closer to harvesting my first indoor crop I’m reading up on drying/curing techniques and read some articles about “bud washing” I feel this is more for outdoor bud but since I see my fans accumulate dirt/dust indoors I’m thinking I may use that technique. What are your thoughts about it? Do you wash you buds before drying?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
As I get closer to harvesting my first indoor crop I’m reading up on drying/curing techniques and read some articles about “bud washing” I feel this is more for outdoor bud but since I see my fans accumulate dirt/dust indoors I’m thinking I may use that technique. What are your thoughts about it? Do you wash you buds before drying?
Yes I wash my indoor crop. I've done it to remove pests, dirt & debris. You need to be gentle with them as you can wash off tric's with too vigorous of a wash. Dip,swish & rinse gently then hang to dry with an osculating fan until dry to the touch ( about 2 hrs ) lots of vids on YT

mancorn

mancorn

Only if I have too. We’ve had terrible ash fall from forest fires the last few years, so pretty much no choice. But it’s a lot of extra work (depending on harvest size) and any amount of banging, whooshing around is going to have some detrimental affect. If you’re just doing one plant, sure you could be more careful, but I’m usually overwhelmed as is, and can’t be real meticulous. If I was indoors I wouldn’t, as most years I don’t, even with an outdoor grow.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Only if I have too. We’ve had terrible ash fall from forest fires the last few years, so pretty much no choice. But it’s a lot of extra work (depending on harvest size) and any amount of banging, whooshing around is going to have some detrimental affect. If you’re just doing one plant, sure you could be more careful, but I’m usually overwhelmed as is, and can’t be real meticulous. If I was indoors I wouldn’t, as most years I don’t, even with an outdoor grow.
I haven’t tried the wash thing Big I have moved inside and I can’t imagine smokin any outdoor with out it ! All the crap I’ve prolly smoked over the last 35 years but not any more I have the control.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Appreciate the responses guys! I have both an indoor and outdoor grow going on and will Forsure be trying the method for the my outdoor harvest but im still on the fence for my indoor crop but will keep reading and watching videos before making the final decision.

mancorn

mancorn

I haven’t tried the wash thing Big I have moved inside and I can’t imagine smokin any outdoor with out it ! All the crap I’ve prolly smoked over the last 35 years but not any more I have the control.
Pollen is rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, enzymes, amino acids and antioxidants. Plus aren’t you suppose to let your kids eat dirt and garden snails to build a strong immune system? What’s a little extra worm poop and dead flies.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Appreciate the responses guys! I have both an indoor and outdoor grow going on and will Forsure be trying the method for the my outdoor harvest but im still on the fence for my indoor crop but will keep reading and watching videos before making the final decision.
Washing stops the snap crackle pop you can sometimes get and it smooths out the smoke. I get less cough from my smoke after I wash it. This isn't a very good pic but it shows some debris and dirt I want off

Thumbnail Tue Apr 27 11 28 37
Thumbnail Tue Apr 27 11 28 37b
freezeland2

freezeland2

If I have to wash my indoor grow I am not doing my job in maintaining my indoor environment.

As far as outdoor I am using my garden hose with fine mist spray. Then let dry off and cut.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Just cut a couple small buds to remove bud rot from an outside plant. I never washed buds before trimming and was curious about what would wash out so I did a test wash with these two. I’m now a firm believer in washing anything I harvest….ewwwwhhhh! Besides the leaf trimmings that didn’t shake out after trimming and some pine tree chaff, there were a couple small caterpillars and their poop.

040569C7 6A6D 46FC 9580 02CA48DCD9ED
7D33006C 8786 40DB 9B8E 67071F5DF937
A1EDC7FA 5619 463A B3CF 7FEB5252286D
Growinginil

Growinginil

Pollen is rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, enzymes, amino acids and antioxidants. Plus aren’t you suppose to let your kids eat dirt and garden snails to build a strong immune system? What’s a little extra worm poop and dead flies.

Growinginil

Growinginil

And don’t forget the insects! In this case they will all be beneficial (must be some protein or something in em) 😂

GelatoBill

GelatoBill

I use 4 tubs with just my well water, no lemon juice or baking soda. Here's last year's harvest, after half of the plant was washed, you can see what I would have been smoking. This Sherblato was smooth and potent.

20201024 101244
20201024 101238
20201024 101318
20201024 145217
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Wow, those pics speaks thousand words!
I run sealed environment with now also an air purifier scrubbing 24h the air...
But yeah outdoor weed should be washed......all the buds from Trinity County should be blasted to remove all that dust from quads and trucks running around the fields....

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Amazing! Do you do any rough trimming before you wash? I see your fan blowing branches dry. Do you let branches dry thoroughly then dry trim? That’s what I’m hoping to do because it will cut down my time wet trimming and getting sore wrists.

growsince79

growsince79

Last crop I washed 1 cola just to see. I didn't notice any difference at all.

Mrb53

Mrb53

I use Dr Frankenstein's bio animation spray...a non-gmo ORGANIC nano micelle solution
100% Organic non-GMO Plant based PH and protease inhibitors (several) solution using bio-organic methods (bacteria, Nano micelle colloidal particles (over 26) and Vitamin C, potassium to help in growing and root protection for young plants) that attack the bugs ability to digest things, inactivating their digestive enzyme capacity, starving them, inhibit their ability to make proteins, Dissolving their exoskeleton, dissolving the newborns, and eggs. It’s a multi-prong strategy that basically kills them by multiple avenues. This stuff will even hold water (hydroscopic) during times of heat stress, and reduce (lower) the freezing temperature of dew on the plant. It’s a Nano particle that can clean an oil on one end, but it’s connected to a water molecule on the other end (water miscible). They are Nano sized colloidal dispersion’s prepared from amphiphilic molecules, with a hydrophobic tail and a hydrophilic head. The hydrophobic core acts as a reservoir for hydrophobic drugs (or nutrients, enzymes) and the hydrophilic shell stabilizes the hydrophobic core. When It comes in contact with THC, it basically “scrubs” it, but leaves no residue, in fact, it removes residue. Prevents and kills ANY type of mildew

https://castle-frankenstein.com/its...io-stimulant-fungicide-insecticide-surfactant

GelatoBill

GelatoBill

Amazing! Do you do any rough trimming before you wash? I see your fan blowing branches dry. Do you let branches dry thoroughly then dry trim? That’s what I’m hoping to do because it will cut down my time wet trimming and getting sore wrists.
I live in the central valley of California which has low humidity. I don't do any trimming so I can extend the drying time by leaving the fan leaves on. I have a hard time getting 7 days of drying before they are ready to start the curing process. Bud rot from moisture has never happened due to the low humidity. I use a humidifier to try and increase the humidity in my drying space.

Mrb53

Mrb53

I live in the central valley of California which has low humidity. I don't do any trimming so I can extend the drying time by leaving the fan leaves on. I have a hard time getting 7 days of drying before they are ready to start the curing process. Bud rot from moisture has never happened due to the low humidity. I use a humidifier to try and increase the humidity in my drying space.
wished we all had that problem

Ponky

Ponky

Quads never get wet. Mids get washed. Does that mean you shouldn't wash good weed? I don't know. People only ever wash if there is a problem. Like visible bugs and PM. If its the super kill stanky dank then usually it's hand trimmed and sold as is right after its bagged up. Water never touches the buds. But maybe it's worth water curing even the best buds. Might test a few tops and do a blind side by side smoke test on my buddies.

Top Bottom