docs who will do edible recs

• Thread starter pollenchucker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pollenchucker

pollenchucker

can anyone help me out? looking for an edibles rec on a renewal.

Boulder is best, but anywhere front range is fine..

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

The Dr. in Ned should be able to help you...don't know his name...but he's the only doc in all of Nederland...shouldn't be hard to find...

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dr. Alan Shackelford w/ Amarimed google him.........
In Denver, and other Front Range locations.....

L

lowdowndirty

i was just about to start a thread asking the same question thanks guys. its almost necessary to have the edible rec. ya kno? cant even crack a whole seed pack with the standard 6 plants

A

A20Grower

I got my initial reco from Boland, and someone from that office contacted me prior to renewal. I think if they're reaching out like that, it might be worth it to contact them, or your initial doc.

C

ClearWater

Yea Nederland's your best bet IMO for the edible Rec. Thats who I got my card through. He's a cool guy. Do a little research

Melizzard

Melizzard

I got mine from a dr in the Springs. Herbal Health Systems. I believe they have Denver locations too.

xxoo
Mel

S

Snafu

what ever doc was at Cannabis therapeutics in the springs is a douche and ripped 2 of my friends off for $800 with a promise to sign a 50 plant rec for each of them. his last name is weiss but his first name slips me he is a head doc out of denver... reminds me of the owner of CT but that is another topic for a day somewhere in the future!

sky high

sky high

Hmmmmm...I wonder if this is a case of (stacking) the fabled "edibles" variance(s) or just someone generally flying above count??

Either way, the 3/3 that amendment 20 allows and the true amount of plants he had on hand for 5 patients he had listed in his care was oviously not in line.

Judge says police justified in searching medical pot business

January 19, 2011 8:01 PM

THE GAZETTE

A judge on Wednesday refused to throw out a search warrant that led to the arrest of a Colorado Springs marijuana grower, rejecting his attorney’s argument that there was no probable cause to let police officers collect evidence.

The ruling leaves Clay Tauche to stand trial for illegal marijuana cultivation, a felony, after police said they found too many marijuana plants growing in his house considering the small number of patients he supported. He grew marijuana for himself and five other medical marijuana patients.

Tauche’s arrest came in the wake of the medical marijuana industry’s explosive growth in 2010.

Under Colorado law, designated “caregivers” can grow a limited number of marijuana plants for other people. But as the industry grew, Colorado Springs police cracked down on people and dispensaries they felt were growing more than the amount allowable by the law.

In late April and early May, police searched several medical marijuana dispensary grow sites after detecting high amounts of heat emanating from the buildings.

Tauche was among the first of a handful of people arrested.

More than two months earlier, a confidential informant told police he was inside the house and that a person there admitted to growing marijuana — though the person gave scant details.

Police searched Tauche’s house on Feb. 9 and arrested him.

Tauche’s attorney, Clifton Black, said the warrant’s case for probable cause was “bare bones.” Among his complaints was that the police officer based his request for a search warrant almost solely on information from the confidential informant — not corroborating any of the informant’s information with his own investigation.

He also took exception to language in the affidavit.

“We think the officer operated with reckless disregard for the truth by not informing the judge that there’s a constitutional amendment that allows medical marijuana,” Black said.

Fourth Judicial District Court judge Gregory Werner saw the argument differently, siding with Bryan Gogarty, a deputy district attorney.

Werner said the defense’s argument focused too much on the officer’s background — a non-issue in this case. The informant offered a detailed and reliable account of the house, enough to establish probable cause, the judge said.

Read more:

Tripsick

Tripsick

Well here comes the first case... I personally would only stick to whats in AM20. 3/3
If i was going to be a caregiver.

J

J3RM

Was just reading the MMJ Colorado FAQ but it's closed and I wanted to ask if there is a requirement of being a CO resident for a certain amount of time before being able to become a caregiver...

I was debating on whether or not I would want to move there, no longer smoke but I absolutely love the medicine and I have a greenthumb :D

sky high

sky high

Well here comes the first case... I personally would only stick to whats in AM20. 3/3
If i was going to be a caregiver.

FWIW, 2 attorneys have told me the same thing. One of them told me that the "edibles variance" was a sad joke on the patients and that such cases will be indefensible for most patients. His very words were "it's a good way to own a felony conviction". BOTH attorneys said to stay @ 3/3 because THAT is the law.

Folks will do and believe what they will though. IMO, so many folks have talked about these variances to the extent that many people believe these variances are a part of our law and are a "given" if you so >desire< to grow more than 3/3.

Not.

be careful, folks. Yer card doesn't protect you from arrest and isn't a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card if you aren't in compliance with the STATED verbiage in A-20.

just as in this case..the cops aren't there to figure out WHY you have more than yer supposed to...they just know you have more than the LAW says....and off to jail you will go (to build your affirmative defense).

"Tell it to the judge" pretty much says it all.

s h

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
If you have an edibles rec you have to be prepared to prove "medical neccesity" in court, which means you have to be sick, and be prepared to go to court and talk about your sickness. Same for any patients you have, who you grow more than the 6 plants, for.... they may have to go to court to save your bacon. There is prior case law on this, Google Jason Lauve for more info...... if you aren't sick, an edibles rec won't cover your ass in court.

C

COb

Dr. Alan Shackelford w/ Amarimed google him.........
In Denver, and other Front Range locations.....
I went to see shaq, no go on the edible rec... not sure if it's cause he's on the advisory committee now or what.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

If you have an edibles rec you have to be prepared to prove "medical neccesity" in court, which means you have to be sick, and be prepared to go to court and talk about your sickness. Same for any patients you have, who you grow more than the 6 plants, for.... they may have to go to court to save your bacon. There is prior case law on this, Google Jason Lauve for more info...... if you aren't sick, an edibles rec won't cover your ass in court.

I second that. What Bud said is the judicial standard. Its the standard we are enslaved to.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

With the capabilities of growing 1 lb per plant these days pretty easily and most people having 2 people in there house with red cards why would you need more than 6/6 even with people to care for. Other than the lack of variety. The solution is easy grow trees. This way you can show leo out the way he came in with a smile on your face.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Personally, I don't have the space for trees and I use Phoenix Tears oil to treat my cancer. So I need a pound of bud every other month (for oil) and that's just for me. With average-sized plants, that really does require more than 3/3. So let's just pray for the best! :)

xxo
Mel

With the capabilities of growing 1 lb per plant these days pretty easily and most people having 2 people in there house with red cards why would you need more than 6/6 even with people to care for. Other than the lack of variety. The solution is easy grow trees. This way you can show leo out the way he came in with a smile on your face.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Melizzard,
You are fine. Compassion is what Amendment 20 was all about.

sky high

sky high

Medical-pot doc surrenders license in Colorado
By John Ingold
The Denver Post
Posted: 03/03/2011 01:00:00 AM MSTUpdated: 03/03/2011 01:18:58 AM MST

A beleagured medical marijuana doctor has agreed to permanently surrender his medical license, while a second physician has had his license suspended.

Manuel Aquino gave up his license last week, making him the first medical-marijuana doctor in the state to suffer regulatory consequences for a cannabis recommendation.

The Colorado Medical Board was seeking to take Aquino's license after he recommended medical marijuana to a woman who was six months pregnant.

Meanwhile, another medical-marijuana doctor, Paul Bregman, had his license suspended last week, records show.

Bregman is well known for making cannabis recommendations and is a member of the state Department of Revenue's medical- marijuana advisory group. Testifying at a public hearing late last year, Bregman estimated he had made more than 2,500 recommendations.

Medical Board documents provide little explanation for Bregman's suspension, saying cryptically that an investigative panel received information that Bregman has a condition that has harmed his ability to serve his patients.

Bregman, the panel wrote, "has engaged in a treatment for his physical or mental illness or condition that may cause cognitive deficiencies."

A spokesman for the state Department of Regulatory Agencies said he couldn't elaborate. Bregman did not return a phone message, and his attorney declined to comment.

In Aquino's case, the Medical Board accused the doctor of not meeting expected standards of care because he didn't perform a physical exam on the patient, review the patient's medical history or ask whether she was pregnant during the three-minute visit.

Aquino continues to maintain he did nothing wrong. In an official response last year to the allegations, he disputed whether using medical marijuana during pregnancy was harmful.

His attorneys said Wednesday that he had been made a scapegoat by anti-medical- marijuana regulators and that he didn't have the resources to continue fighting the allegations.

"The cost of it is quite prohibitive at this point," said attorney Sheila Meer, who represented Aquino in the administrative case. "He really isn't in the position to carry the fight for the younger doctors. This is a political issue."

Aquino, 70, still faces criminal charges in Arapahoe County after allegedly writing marijuana recommendations to two undercover police officers without giving them physical exams.

Both recommendations occurred before the legislature passed new laws last year specifying that doctors must have a "bona-fide" relationship with patients to whom they recommend marijuana. A trial date has not been set.

Read more: Medical-pot doc surrenders license in Colorado - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_17525219#ixzz1FXkrjQqe
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I

IVIars

Fewer doctors are writing edible recs now probably for reasons Sky High posted. I finally talked a close relative of mine to get off the Perc's and sleeping pills and try MMJ. She's in her 60's, doesnt smoke at all, and has a list of medical records for numerous back problems dating back to the early 90's. She asked for an edible rec and the doctor told her no. For the reasons posted by SH.

Latest posts

Top Bottom