Documenting my first grow - hop on board

• Thread starter bloodeye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Absolutely nothing but definitely down for learning something new.
If I'm honest my biggest concern is the way she's blocking the light to the little one.... She's getting a box!
Hey I boost a bunch of my plants to even canopy. So super cropping is manually putting a 90 degree bend in stalks that are being obtrusive to lower growth. Basically you exact situation. Now it can be a little daunting but if you take your time working the stalk in between your fingers, and a slow gradual bend you will be fine. Then I use a “u” shaped weight, fashioned to the newly bent stalk just toss it on and let it weigh the stalk down just enough to keep it horizontal post application. You can use anything as a weight. Just get crafty. So I see some big stalks, that could be bent 90 degrees away from the center of the plant in question due to the bit of space on either side of the plant. That’s what I would do.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Hey I boost a bunch of my plants to even canopy. So super cropping is manually putting a 90 degree bend in stalks that are being obtrusive to lower growth. Basically you exact situation. Now it can be a little daunting but if you take your time working the stalk in between your fingers, and a slow gradual bend you will be fine. Then I use a “u” shaped weight, fashioned to the newly bent stalk just toss it on and let it weigh the stalk down just enough to keep it horizontal post application. You can use anything as a weight. Just get crafty. So I see some big stalks, that could be bent 90 degrees away from the center of the plant in question due to the bit of space on either side of the plant. That’s what I would do.

B

bloodeye

😊

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Here is an example of what I’m calling the “Flying V” clone. I had two main stalks I super cropped and this is what will happen basically. Though I removed my weight, and it started to bend back to the light……

IMG 2100
B

bloodeye

Even before I've got to the site that makes a lot of sense and I think I get the idea

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Even before I've got to the site that makes a lot of sense and I think I get the idea
It’s definitely handy in tents, makes you truly the master of your domain when headroom is a bitch. Just be sure you place the stalks once bent, out of the way of each other. Just plot out your coarse to open up that light foot print.

B

bloodeye

I'm back baby!

Been a few weeks away, work and stuff and life just kicking my ass! But back on the grow focus again.

Ditched the vertigo, she was lanky and out of control and too much. Not the type of plant I want to be growing and other reasons I won't mention prompted this.

The other two though 😍👊🏻

Harvested the creme brulee today, my little cutie!
I gave up waiting, I don't know if I'm seeing right when I look through the jeweller's loop, they were definitely cloudy, but I think I'm seeing amber then I don't.
Anyway, she's 3 months old and I've tried a sneaky and she was fine.

She's in to dry and I'm finding it easy to get 62% and 14c. She's got a fan going in the cupboard so praying no rot or mould at this stage.
PXL 20240301 164952713
PXL 20240301 164959273
PXL 20240301 165010428
PXL 20240301 165122875
PXL 20240301 165018551
PXL 20240301 165022605
PXL 20240301 165028442

I've already got the next 2 on the go. Some F1 from rqs. Nearly 3 weeks and gone in the tent in place of my little one.

The thread continues 👊🏻

lenhug

lenhug

Beautiful! 😍

And I know what you mean about the bloody cloudy/amber, is it/isn't it business. That's is me every bloody day with the loupe atm. 😄

Old, shakey hands FTL!

lenhug

lenhug

I am choosing my strains today for next run I think and get the soil ready at the weekend.

The chillies I attempted to germinate are getting turfed out of the propagator if they don't hurry up!

What strain(s) have you gone for?

PooToe

PooToe

Look into Scrog if you're vertical space is low. Scrogging, for me, produces more quality flower than running a free grow. This is a 2 x 2 Scrog someone on a different site is doing. I thought it was pretty cool to be able to scrog in such a small space but it makes sense.

B

bloodeye

I am choosing my strains today for next run I think and get the soil ready at the weekend.

The chillies I attempted to germinate are getting turfed out of the propagator if they don't hurry up!

Rqs F1 medusa. Seems to be a quick, high yield, short thing so thought give that a go this run and maybe the Apollo after.

I'm looking to get good cycle of germination, harvest and having enough smoke between.

This run I've got biobizz allmix for one of the plants and Coco coir for the other. I'll see how each go and will use that for my medium going forward.

Looking forward to spring as well, got plans for my garden.
This has given me the bug for plants in general!

B

bloodeye

the big bud harvested. No idea the weight but 16 full weeks of growing. Pretty decent yield, I think.

Up for any advice on drying. Well, mainly for telling when it's dry enough, I'm sure I over dried the creme brulé.

Onto the f1's now. Learned a lot on this grow and 5 weeks in, I think the f1's appreciate my improved set of skills 😊

@lenhug

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
View attachment 2137435the big bud harvested. No idea the weight but 16 full weeks of growing. Pretty decent yield, I think.

Up for any advice on drying. Well, mainly for telling when it's dry enough, I'm sure I over dried the creme brulé.

Onto the f1's now. Learned a lot on this grow and 5 weeks in, I think the f1's appreciate my improved set of skills 😊View attachment 2137439View attachment 2137440View attachment 2137441
@lenhug
Congrats homie!
Applied knowledge is dope.
Best of luck. The new kids look nice 👊🏻🤡

lenhug

lenhug

Looking delicious, fantastic grow. Congrats man. 👌

All I'll say with drying is get your environment steady however you can and take it s l o w. You've read my trials and tribulations (and bloody expensive solution!) I'm sure other, wiser heads can assist here as well.

New ladies looking beautiful as well. 🤗

Which reminds me, I need to update my thread(s) as well. Been some movement...

T

tgpeters

Just a comment, I prefer twine, and clips rather than weights. Used weights when I first started - but found a different method. I can easily adjust the amount of bend slowly by wrapping more twine on the clip or attaching the clip further away placing more pressure on the bend. After a coupe days, tighten it up a little more, then after another day or two, bend it a bit more. Weights are far more difficult (IMO) to manage. The clip is attached to a bucket or other, anything in the same direction as where I need the branch to bend.

T

tgpeters

Favorite strains, White Widow - just hits the right spot, Blue Cookies (for the ability to make me sleep), Banana Kush (everyone likes this), and Bruce Banner 3 (Strong and huge harvests). Favorites so far. 4 new strains are a few weeks away from harvest.

Top Bottom